Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita - Vol. 8 Ch. 39 - Hello/Goodbye

If anyone feels that this feels like it came out of nowhere...
I think it is because we never saw the "true prologue" of the story.

For example, where did the sword come from?
Why does he have a presumably Japanese human soul inside him?
Why doesn't he remember anything from his past.
Is that power something he gained from the gods to begin with, or gained, or somehow lost?

It does feel like they pulled this out of nowhere since we have no clue what he is supposed to have in the first place.

@fugig
I think it was implied that this was the "goddess" that brought him here in some shape or form or attached herself to him for some reason. Pretty sure she sacrificed whatever was left of her now so we won't see her again for a while. I guess she will be part of the greater overarching plot eventually.
So it wasn't really an asspull.

Dex-chan lover
This chapter is Deus Ex Machina, giving me slime, goblin and spider vibe at the same time iykwim....

Dex-chan lover
Reminds me of the Great Sage, or Raphael from slime. Like a lot.

Fed-Kun's army
Read the WN to understand more thoroughly for what’s going on. It was one of the high points for me.

This battle couldn’t work out without a deus ex. Since the solution to escaping isn’t simple in the situation.

What she needed to do:
Objective: be able to escape
Sub-obj: remove seal skill from boss (which master didn’t even know he had to do)
1. Increase calculation speed and form shift
1a. This allows ability to protect Fram and pierce skeletons for more pts.
2. Kill skeletons needed understanding of branching yourself into drills (not easy to do as a ‘person’)
3. Using pts to destroy grudge with leveled clones and weaken the boss
4. Use other pts to upgrade skill stealer and take the seal skill
5. Get space-time ability to teleport

In the end, the grudge still remained. The boss still alive.

20200829-045447.jpg

Look at the shape on the guard

Dex-chan lover
Ah, it's nice to see this scene in manga as the webnovel's translation has uncovered Announcer-san's identity just recently, and was referencing this event.

@siceraria, read the web novel further?
at the current translated chapter, it just barely passed the section that answer your question, about Master's origin.

I hated this shit in the web novel, I hated it in the light novel and now I hated it in the manga. If an anime ever happens for this series I can't wait to hate it there.

ok having read most of the web novel. I'm going to give my take. This is definitely came out of nowhere but, it gets explained in a somewhat forgivable way. The novel was pretty good according to my shitty tastes (that is if you came here for cute fran and master just going on with their daily lives). If you should continue this manga, that's questionable snice it slows down
and has no real deeper themes(but, the manga will hopefully change that). But one of the better moments(spoiler alert snice this happens in the web novel chapter 600 or 700), was when master had to see fran's life from another universe in which he becomes an emotionless shell in order for fran to gain the full potential of his power. Fran having lost her parent up until this point becomes op as hell but, also pretty depressed. In the end master ended up choosing to be fran's parent instead of her weapon.
Ending off this review thing, it leaves you with the same feeling as slime, it felt like things could have gone down a much more complex route but, the author showed us the possibility of a complex fanasty world and told us to go fuck ourselves. It doesn't mean its bad but, its just not as good was you think its going to be.

Dex-chan lover
I only read the manga and this chapter was a fucking mess. But hey, at least this arc seems almost over right? It took too long.

Users who are viewing this thread