Tensei Shitara Ore ga Heroine de Aitsu ga Yuusha Datta

Dex-chan lover
@panictears all you can do is throw random accusations around in the hopes that people become scared and shut up. No one takes your far left american rhetoric seriously. We just laugh about you. "Confirmed trans"= They have had such tranny type people (or yaoi/ yuri for that matter) for a very long time, but they don't use them as puppets/tokens for that underlying ideology nor do they care for phobe accusations ( and aren't afraid to make fun of them either). If anything shouldn't you be triggered to death by japans no fcks given? Don't make it sound like they cater to any of that BS because they don't.

Dex-chan lover
@panictears lol I have read that very same line by another weirdo who was in over his head in a discussion. Is there a manual or guidelines for you guys - "how to exit a lost verbal battle" ? That was an unexpectedly useful exchange after all, you proved to me that you are quite literally a drone. Don't feel sorry for me, feel sorry for yourself. I almost do. Next time don't butt in if you have nothing to contribute.

On your way out, solve me this riddle: if I advocate for a man in a females body staying true to their orentation und thus turning into what is, or should be, by defination a lesbian hows that homophobic? Especially in contrast to the fact that this is a shonen made for straight boys which strongly suggest that they actually are quite "traditional" in their messaging since the story implies that the female body is what defines said MCs orientation (which switches to straight women along with said body) rather than their mind and/ or experience. Oh snap, you are a traitor to your own ideals, you defended a manga that goes way against the creed - do the dangly bits define your orientation after all? Your head might explode if you can actually grasp this, so take care.

@Iskarioth

Imagine caring so much you write that wall of word vomit...wow. Get a better hobby kiddo.

As I said though, nothing implies either were straight to start with and Azumi was already probably a closeted transgirl with how quickly she adapted and how she instantly went "I was pretty happy" over the situation and instantly internally referring to herself as the female protagonist after waking up. Plus Taiga looks exactly the same as before yet Azumi doesnt.

But you wouldnt know since...this is a manga you arent reading...

Which is funny, ngl, that you need attention this badly that you are still crying about a genre you dont read.

Aaaanyway go back and grow under your rock. Wont be giving you attention anymore since its clearly the thing you desire. So keep crying if you must.

Dex-chan lover
@Panictears Projecting hard, aren't we. Weren't you gonna leave? Guess what, uneducated and immature people do trigger me so of course I write. But don't worry I wasn't expecting you to understand any of that "word vomit". I do read genderswap, I take issue with bad written illogical ones, not that you would be able to differentiate that much. Plus again you wrongly assume that japans mangas are written with your niche extremist world view in mind. Dude, you got no idea what mangas are even tho it literally sais on the tin what it is and who the target audience is. "closeted transgirl" my ass, that doesn't sell over there, they wouldn't even know what that means.

You can't even grasp what I take issue with and than you wishy washy throw buzzwords around. Now who butted in with mute points that had no bearing on my inital question and now accuses others of seeking attention. Irony is knocking and you don't even notice. GTFO of here.

Dex-chan lover
@Iskarioth
I don't if you're homophobic or not but because the story is fictional you can't really blame it for being ridiculous.

Yes I agree, sexualities doesn't change that quick unless the MC got brainwashed or something.
You can see that the formula took the comedy for granted to push the romance out of door hence it's even hard to assume whether it's gay or not when no one take it seriously. It's like saying does trans women like men. Which likely come out with mixed answer.
You can simply see it as bad writing yes.
For Boku girl case I can see it being justified (I don't like it though) because the person who close to the MC was his Childhood friend, the male one and have been constantly staying by his side (because plot) and
the heroine simply losing romance despite being faithfully confessed in the end.
Then there's a severe case like Idol pretender which I don't understand anything why the hell it ended like that because the male character there add up as pretty much a side character.

As for my preference in reading, I do read Yaoi and Yuri (but mostly Yuri), but genderswap genre confused me the most because the formulaic it has.
It's not Yaoi, neither it's "Yuri".
Yurifag most definitely want purity (no men's allowed but case like genderswap Yuri exist long ago such as Kashimashi), while for Yaoi case it seems pretty much the same while adding fujo spice on it.

tl;dr The reason why Genderswap Romcom are popular because it mostly involve the same formula that consumed by average reader which the same mediocre Romcom genre with the only twist MC turned into girl.

> No one liked drama that much because it'll sometimes bring some realistic coping about their gender identity.

Dex-chan lover
@Xaelath well thank you for actually reading my post. I feel like the premise of genderswap is interesting but it doesn't get explored at all in most of these mangas, so why use it in the first place. And unlike a certain other person, I know manga, I know their audience, if you said " oh he's gay and now a girl hence why he doesn't have an issue" this story would implode in japan, that's not what they wanne hear nor read. As you said, everything needs to be clear cut. Which makes it so stange IMO that they accept the premise and don't question it ( as straight guys who cannot help but imagine themselves in that situation).
It's like " anything goes as long as there's cute girl and romance" I don't mean to shit on manga, nor do I feel they need to be perfectly logically sound but this trope is really odd if you consider the circumstances. A yuri outcome would at least be inherently logical tho some would probably protest because it technically involves a guy in disguise, so to speak. And than there's the fact that being switched would be traumatic. That MC would be having self-perception issues instead of looking for romance. Shishunki did a better job at that, so did Transjitter. It just feels like a "heavy subject" to be used so regularly for a superficial romcom.

Dex-chan lover
@Iskarioth
Why use it in the first place?
What do you think?

Simply they want to use a female lead with some male trait though instead of using the setting properly to bring out an interesting thing about it they shallowly turn it into another romcom where MC is a mix between a masculine act or way too much feminine to be a former male and simply accepting their gender like nothing ever happened.
In case if it ever happens realistically, it'll turn similar to Shishunki or Transjitter, or something like Tensei Pandemic (despite all that garbage ecchi). The person will have trouble adjusting to their life even they're like years used to their body such as Shishunki.
This is a heavy subject and for obvious reason will not appeal to the majority of the reader.

Yes, a realistic outcome would be Yuri. But even for Yuri as I read some WN GB with Yuri/Shoujo ai, most of the outcomes weren't logical. So simply put it's bad writing all over again. They just throw this MC then make them either had their moment with the girls without any development whatsoever or the other girl question what the hell they're doing.
Also, some of the readers hate yuri for whatsoever reason so that's another point why Author avoid making this setting.

Another point to conclude is that Homosexualities in manga do not appeal to everyone. Some readers just wants to read and get over with it which is the reason why things like Isekai/Villainess/RPG kind of mechanics/Romcom become so much common and people will just suck it up either way.

Edit: I think that's the reason why liked to see much Masculine Female in Yuri I guess. (doesn't need to be like Western stereotype) but something like Sailor Moon Uranus, Yaegaki Erika in Flowers, or bunch of those girls who use Boku lol. It definitely better than having to wait a genderswapped male mc that actually act like their former gender. (A good example of it would be Youjo Senki I guess, All hail dictator Genodical loli)

I'm okay with Tensei Slime, but this feels a bit wrong for some reason.
Actually any isekai that has the character's psychology being off with their current situation doesn't seem right.

Dex-chan lover
@Xaelath you are probably right about their motivation: to create a unique FMC they can mold in a way that wouldn't plausible otherwise but at the same time I'd argue there are easier ways to "build" a tomboy character. Not only that, they disregard most of the natural effects that would come with it because in the end or at the end, they wand a "noramal" girl so the "normal" romance at the end makes sense. So all in all what irks me the most is the wasted potential and the "unnatural or unrealistic" flow and end that inevitably comes with these generic romcoms. Like baiting with false promises so to speak.

Dex-chan lover
@Iskarioth
Easier way to make tomboy character huh... Yet majority of genderswap I see rarely lean that way and like you mentioned it mold the MC into a "Normal girl" with "Normal romance".
The perfect logic of the formula.

That said, about potential, it's kind of easier to guess how things turn out based on the generic Romcom itself. (Like the first few chapters you already got introduced with potential male couple that also introduce events that lead to couple flag)
So to speak the potential already lost because the generic writings.

It's a shame but that's what people suck up to.

Good to hear there's another fellow who have similar complain and thoughts because for someone who's curious about Genderswap genre for almost a decade.
The question of the same generic Romcom formula in genderswap genre baffles me.

Dex-chan lover
@Xaelath It might be a contradiction because in general I like how mangas stick to their traits and / or are clear cut but some tropes really do need to vanish. Many authors have grown lazy to the point where you can already see how the whole story will unfold and thus make it incredibly boring to read. But IMO it's worse when the most unreasonable and unlikely development gets normalized without any story elements to justify them ( aka the guy in a girls body falling for another guy within a short period of time).

Anyways, good talk mate. I am glad even among those many immature and venomous readers someone puts a little thought into their reading like you do.

Group Leader
I’ve read a hentai doujinshi with this exact plot

I wonder where they got this idea!

Dex-chan lover
theres not much going on here that would make this an award winning series, its pretty mediocre, but i wouldnt say its trash

Dex-chan lover
Isn't this exactly like that one manga where two guys get Isekai and one of them is a girl?

NGL I really hate this trope since why have genderswaped when Yuri is a thing.

Yeah ok, only need to read the title to know exactly where this story's going

Users who are viewing this thread