Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken - Vol. 12 Ch. 56 - Intertwining Thoughts

Group Leader
I hope those jerks just die off. Edit: Thanks for the scanlations, jesterly!

Double-page supporter
I'm as vindictive and intolerant as the next atheist/s, but the religion == comic book evil, is getting old. Japan needs some new tropes.

"Do you have evidence that neither Dwargon or Brumund were deceived?"

I'll never understand how this stupid negative evidence shit flies in manga. That's not how logic, science, politics or law works.

"Can you prove you didn't murder and sodomize a goat?"

No fucking shit I can't, it's almost impossible to prove a negative and it's your fucking job to prove a positive. You don't get to make a ridiculous accusation and act like the other person has to disprove or contradict it just because you worded it like an asshole and pretended like they're the ones with no proof or backing.

That shit always makes me twitch. It makes no sense and is always such a ridiculous "gotcha" moment the author has the villains use.

It's almost like religion is commonly used to excuse deeper desires in real life as well.

Dex-chan lover
I spoiled the whole series because i couldn't wait xD
The lore this series is set on is larger than it appears in the chapters released so far.

while It was true that Rimuru told his fellow monster to not attack(offending) humans,
He did not clarify to not attack human in self defense.

Dex-chan lover
@Kyrieo When you are told not to attack humans without any further clarification, it means it is in general, under any circumstance. And when Rimuru speaks, is their lord speaking, his underlings don't even imagine going against his will.

Dex-chan lover
@Yautja I don't see any other way to easily and cheaply justify that kind of behavior other than religion, that trope has been going on irl for over 2000 years now, it never gets old.

@Yautja It is a weak argument but it still works."Do you have evidence that neither Dwargon or Brumund were deceived?" is an argument base on emotions instead of logic. They fear that the monsters are planning something, so even if the accusation is unfounded it still works as a way to motivate them to attack the monsters out of fear that something bad will happen if they do not. Plus, this was more of just an accuse for the King to justify attacking the monsters than his actual reason, and ultimately the King has the last say.

The only respectable Noble I saw there was the old chunky guy???? Breaking stereotypes with him not wanting to attack innocents

Man those watermarks need to kindly GTFO. Not the translator's fault, looks like it was grabbed off a korean site.

Double-page supporter
@Aureliano
Maybe good writing and convincing and logical lies. It's gotten old.

@lyme
It's not even an argument. It's a simple fallacy. But anyways, even though it is working, characters shouldn't act like it's an intelligent "gotcha" moment. When you see this shit in real life everyone immediately calls bullshit. The character calling bullshit doesn't have to actually do anything, just as is the case irl, unfortunately, but pretending like it's an intelligent moment is stupid. And even though it is an excuse, I'd like it if authors came up with more convincing justifications instead of assuming the readers are fucking idiots and half-assing a bullshit justification like this.

Fed-Kun's army
@Yautja

The LN goes into more detail to what led to this decision and how it was done.

Most of the main chair people present WANT to invade Tempest and get rid of their upstart competition and maybe score some loot, but no one wants to BE the one to say since then they'll have to be the ones to own that event and no one wants that kind of responsibility since they'd still need to get approval from the nobles to mobilize certain units and they can't risk the ire of the Western Nations Council. The whole monster thing is also played WAY more racially with the king straight up saying that they're unworthy of trust, compassion, and basic decency just on the grounds that they're monsters so the whole "They're monsters and thus still dangerous" and "can you prove Blumund and Dwargon were not deceived?" ARE clever "gotcha" moments in that it gave the people present a justifiable excuse and plausible deniability to invade Tempest. The religion has its OWN complex thing going on with how their whole doctrine against monsters works that gets explained way later.

It's all a bit hard to put into words, but that's the overall just of it all.

Double-page supporter
@doomrider7
I read the LN, I know. I'm speaking on this specific instance and the general trope used in the anime/manga sphere, not TSSDK as a whole.

And no, they're not clever.

Group Leader
Hey everyone!
Now that the Japanese raw for both chapter 56 & 57 are available online, I've re-scanlated chapter 56. I'm currently working on chapter 57.
That means, so more watermarks! \o/
I've also cleaned up the pages and translated the sound effects, so it should look much better compared to my original upload.

Thanks for your support!

Users who are viewing this thread