Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken - Vol. 14 Ch. 66 - Merciless

@Sancturil ok nerd it was speculation based on common tropes that happen and forshadowing with the chapter were he was like KILL ME IF I DONT HAVE SECRET CODE PHRASE because yea that totaly works when a being is currupted.

@Sancturil
if i remember correctly in the LN razen killed off screen before rimuru even come down to see the king and then revive himself, not killed when rimuru come down to see the king
. You forgot to mention about some unique skills is basically have the same basic concept like "eating stuff" but with different pros and cons like rimuru's past unique skill "predator" and orc disaster's "starved"

@fardhik39 ln volume 5
@mammon you are completely wrong about that

Fed-Kun's army
@Meybi What of it? I still don't see how "feeling sleepy" means "losing control and going berserk." You're still reaching.

Fed-Kun's army
@Andiza That is indeed another good example of Unique Skills about the same concept existing with only slight differences.
Going further, an additional example would be how Veldora's "Investigator" Unique Skill,
Hinata's "Mathematician/Measurer" Unique Skill
and
Noir/Diablo's "Great Wiseman" Unique Skill
are similar yet different to Rimuru's "Great Sage".
These are the ones I can think of off the top of my head, can you think of any other? (and obviously mark them as spoilers so that our discussion doesn't spoil others)

Ah, also, concerning Noir/Diablo's other Unique Skill that I talked about in the comment you replied to, I forgot to mention something.
Noir/Diablo's "Tempter" isn't just a strictly better version of Rimuru's "Merciless" Unique Skill, but it also possesses additional powers such as exchanging reality and illusions.

So this brings a further point, that of a certain power hierarchy existing when it comes to skills of the same concepts. Like how while Great Sage is better than the all of the other Unique Skills of the same concept, and how while it cannot do some of the things the other ones can do, Great Sage can still find a way around to achieve stuff in plus of having outright better computing power (
and in plus of being capable of modifying and upgrading skills, something which none of the other mental computing Unique Skills can do, thus making truly making it a case similar to Noir/Diablo's "Tempter", and that's without taking into consideration that Great Sage can function on its own in plus of improving the mental processing speed of its holder
). Similarly, Gluttony is another example of a Unique Skill that's outright better and superior to Predator and Starved.

Dex-chan lover
From my perspective as a WN reader the scene of carnage felt underwhelming. I recall the WN description as much more brutal, with body parts getting scattered and the screams of anguish getting louder every second. The manga makes it seem like rimuru was much more benevolent giving them one shot deaths.

However, I am glad the manga only readers seem satisfied with it judging from the comments. I hope it lived up to your expectations since we WN readers hyped it up since day 1 lol.

Well, just a guess but, seeing as the one armed idiot fainted he'll get captured regardless of Rimuru going to sleep, now the bald fucker did not as far as I saw, so probably the church will continue being a considerable issue, even bigger than what it could have been had they caught both. Just a guess though. . .
Great chapter, while I did expect more carnage I'd say this is more coherent to Rimuru's character and the fact that he didn't want to do this. But maybe the explicitly bloody massacre in the WN was a prelude to some further development of Rimuru's psique? Dunno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@Meybi First of all, I'm more amazed at the fact you called someone a nerd as an insult. I mean seriously.

Also the whole secret passcode phrase is a trope in on it's own. Basically whats going to happen is he's going to stand there, super menacingly and then he'll turn around and say 'I'm not an enemy slime, ya know?' because that's for sure what the phrase is and I'm willing to bet a grand total of 20 cents on it.

I f*cking love this manga soooo much, can barely hold my excitement till next chapter!

Dex-chan lover
@GreyZone i see, but i still wonder why a monster needs to kill atleast 10k Humans for their souls...why humans specifically? Why cant any other species work? Is it because humans are in general the same and is around average of all lifeforms in that world? I wonder hahaha.

@Chucholain It could be 10,000 Elves or Dwarves it just so happened that 10k Humans were in the Army and the only way to save everyone is to become a demon lord.

@Sancturil unique skills with different hierarchies?
like parallel existence and multiple existence (i forgot the name of this skill) ? you can also kinda count predator and vega's skill too, where rimuru says his predator can only get lesser version, while vega can totally absorb the entirety of the skill, and the difference lies in how predator can combine the lesser skill to morph into an ultimate one. This difference is probably what made a hierarchy in even ultimate skills, aside from the default hierarchy like sins and virtue series. User's and target's compatibility also affect skills performance too, Like how certain unique skill can hold on its own against some ultimate skill holder.

Users who are viewing this thread