Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken - Vol. 15 Ch. 68 - Birth of a Demon Lord

Web Novel : https://readwebnovels.net/.../tensei-shitara-slime-datta.../ someone said 67 manga is 71/72 in the novel, not sure about it but i know they are not 100% same so maybe read if you wanna see will those two demons return :)

Aggregator gang
It still amuses me that the chance of success was pi for the revival to succeed.

Dex-chan lover
@NamelessSoldier Not really "obtained", more like "regained" its, or should I say, her, ego.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

COULD IT REALLY BE ONLY 6 DAYS SINCE IVE RESTARTED?!?!? NOOOO!!!! I GOT 3 MORE WEEKS TO WAIT!!! AHHHHH!!!!!!!

BTW does anyone have any recommendation? Ive read solo leveling, second life ranker, the descent of demonic master, etc. anyone have any recommendation like this??

@jimmyclear @Scorpion7373 @Nyaaa

Stop spreading Web Novel fan theories as if they were facts. Not only that, but the Web Novel is also not even canon to the LN/manga/anime canon. Specifically...
Rimuru's Wisdom King Raphael =/= Lucia's Knowledge King Raphael - not to mention Velda =/= Veldanava. Heck, Veldanava might not even be the creator of the multiverse in the LN version anymore, so hold your horses with those false "spoilers".

You 3 almost remind of that capslock troll who was spouting his headcanon BS everywhere.

Dex-chan lover
@GreyZone it was quite literally what happened to the skill on the WN though. No theories or made up info at all. I don't know about the LN. Can't read em.

@Nyaaa No, it's not. There is no mention anywhere in the WN that Raphael's "spark of consciousness" is anything other than Great Sage, a Skill born from Rimuru's own soul, developing its own ego, so what you said earlier about Raphael "regaining" anything is just your own imagination or "headcanon" based on a fan-theory.

@selemene31 Right, I guess that means all images of Milim we saw so far are non-canon then? All depictions of Milim in LN, manga, anime, merch, figurines, etc. are just fanfiction, right? After all, according to you, her WN appearance of some generic goth loli with blonde hair is the "canon" version, right? /s

Nah but seriously, it didn't really happen so far in this manga adaptation yet, but later on there will be plot divergences that are mutually exclusive between WN and LN. Take a certain "Ice Coffin" for example...
While in the WN it gets successfully stolen resulting in a certain someone controlling a certain other someone for a period of 3 wishes, the theft gets prevented in the LN instead and the plotline gets completely scrapped.

I mean Razen and Charybdis didn't even exist in the WN... they were added in the LN.

@GreyZone
u really dont know to read do u?
u said the wn isnt canon, and i said its the original and the ln is based on the wn.
ln begin different from the wn isnt anything new, ln tend to give more info and show more of the plot (like arifureta). wn is the main canon and everything is based on the wn itself. the ln can add more of plot, but it doesnt make the wn not canon.

@selemene31
You are the one who isn't reading. WN is absolutely not the "main" canon. As I just explained, the LN doesn't just "add additional stuff", it outright changes crucial main plot points that contradict the WN (the first notable one being the ice coffin change I mentioned earlier), meaning they are completely separate continuities. And manga, anime, merch, phone games, etc. all use the LN designs. Nothing aside from the WN uses the WN designs. Unless you can show me even a single official release that has Milim as a gothic lolita and with blonde hair...

Saying that the WN is canon is like saying that the discarded first draft of a story is canon... it's not. Literally every single officially released thing is based on the LN, nothing is based on the WN (the LN does follow some of the key-moments from the WN, but completely contradicts other key moments at the same time). Not sure where you got the idea that the WN is the "main canon" anyway.

But fine, if you want to consider it canon that badly, then just think of them as two seperate continuities that are each canon to themselves, one being the WN on its own, while the other inlcudes everything else in the Slime franchise like the LN, manga, anime and canon spin-offs (Travel Guide, Tensura Nikki and Trinity). Happy now?

looks like talking to u is pointless, as u dont know what count as canon and what not.
slime was first writed on wn and for far long, that makes it canon. ln changing stuff isnt anything new, look at shield hero.

@selemene31
Then let's ignore that discussion about semantics and focus at the matter at hand: The manga follows the LN, not the WN, hence the WN is completely irrelevant as far as the manga is concerned, only the LN and the manga itself matters to it. For example, in the WN the ones who played dead after Rimuru's Megiddo attack were the church's "blood shadows", but in the LN and manga versions its Razen instead. Charybdis never existed in the WN, but did exist in the LN and manga. The Beastman diplomacy and second Dwargon visit happened in both the LN and manga, but not in the WN, the one who face Gabiru when he first came to Rimuru's village was a random Tempest Wolf in the WN, but in the LN and manga it was Gobta. In the WN Rimuru met the Ogres without a fight, but in the LN and manga they fought upon their first meeting, etc., etc.

As you can see as far as the manga is concerned (for which Fuse, the author of the WN and LN, holds regular meetings with the artist for, and even personally writes the "Veldora's Slime Observation Journal" full-volume extra content for, which I wholly recommend to read, by the way), it follows the LN in 100% of cases and while it follows the WN in 0% of cases, for anything where the LN and WN handle things differently. Hence as far as the manga is concerned the LN is canon and the WN is irrelevant.

So my initial claim that the WN is not canon to the LN/manga/anime is still true. Period.
So to bring up the example I used earlier, the Ice Coffin, the "canon" version of
its theft is that the theft is a failure and the Hero is therefore NOT forced to fulfill 3 wishes. At least in any version other than the WN itself. Likewise the canon version is that Rimuru is smart enough not to send his spy master into a public tournement full of international spies and only in the WN he is a fool who exposes his executives' abilities in front of the world instead.
Many times the author even writes scenes in the LN version where Rimuru basically mocks his own WN-version's self's stupid decisions. Just based on that the LN is absolutely the canon version.

At this point you'd even have more of a point if you argued that the manga is "more canon" than the LN instead, but definitly not the WN. You'd have a point if the author changed between WN and LN, but that didn't happen, it was Fuse then, and it's still Fuse now, but the WN is basically dead at this point. Any new material for the last few 3-4 years have been for the LN, manga and spin-offs of either of those, as well as the anime. We'll likely never get the abandoned designs for blonde goth loli Milim, or the "Black Primordial Daemon" that Rimuru summoned last chapter with red hair instead. Right, in the WN he wasn't even the black primordial daemon, but rather just a random "unusually strong Arch Daemon" instead.

Long time fans/WN readers like me dont consider WN "canon" anymore... its just a "rough" draft create by author BEFORE the series got serialized for real..... The author publish the WN simply out of hobby before and the LN is published professionally FOR SALE.... You can read the LN up to vol 15 if u want to understand what im saying as the story details is different from WN... The author basically took the core story of the series and massively improve it, removing most plotholes, introducing more characters for the story to make more sense ,in example
LN introduces mariabelle having the "greed" skill and yuuki taking it, making him get greed king mammom skill where as in the WN he gets it out of nothing
... Also, we can say the author "indirectly" call the WN a "rough" draft only if u read the author's notes after each volume of LN, stating the conversation between FUSE and his editor and the massive changes he did to improve it.

In short, you can call WN "canon" just because its the rough draft of the series but calling it "more canon" than LN is nonsense.... Even Fuse's editor dont accept his WN version.

Users who are viewing this thread