Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken - Vol. 15 Ch. 68 - Birth of a Demon Lord

Aggregator gang
"If something happens, someone like Gobta can help out."

Tfw Gobta has proven himself to be the MVP at times.

Double-page supporter
Pre-evolution: Phi percentage
Post-evolution: Absolute completion

Things went from 3 to 100 real quick

@kubemg as @Scrwd said they're his family, but even then the point is moot as this isn't Rimuru, it's Wisdom King Raphael which only takes Rimuru's physical form but is a seperate entity/will

Double-page supporter
@TwEeD - which answers directly to Rimuru. Wisdom King Raphael's existence is borne from the skill wanting to help, not take over. His will is Rimuru's command, so unless Rimuru wants to kill his own family, Raphael will not lay a hand on them

It's So cool and So depressing at the same time, Rimuru just wanted to be happy and make friends and is now at war

@Scrwd That's not what I was commenting about though, it's about sacrificing the 2 demons. Rimuru's will is resurrecting his family, but he has no decision in the sacrifice (he doesn't even know about it, as he's out), that's what Wisdom King Raphael does out of it's own volition so to be able to carry out Rimuru's will. So saying that Rimuru sacrificed the demons to do the resurrection (which is what @kubemg is saying) is incorrect, that's what Wisdom King Raphael does

@Scrwd It's actually a significant detail... given as an afterthought in my original comment to the first part of the comment namely "I wish Rimuru didn't sacrifice the 2 demons". Rimuru could f.ex. have chosen not to sacrifice them and keep on using his life-force instead (resurrecting the death and keeping the demons). It's aluded later when Diablo joins, one of the reasons Rimuru feels he can't turn him down is because Raphael made that decision.

@TwEeD y'know, I couldn't tell if Rimuru wouldn't have used them if it was his choice. Through the story he has been shown to be quite the good guy, but also quite down to earth to this "world rules", that are not quite like earth rules. If the demons were open about how the sacrificing was something they wanted (meaning, the 2 greater demons), I think Rimuru might have chosen to use them if it increased his chances of success.

@ElroidTiereon Yeah that might indeed be the case yes. Probably a bit reluctantly, but he probably would've indeed (actually I'm almost certain he would've).
But he wasn't presented that choice, so he had no say in the decision. While some may argue it's semantics I find it's a subtle difference that has implications. Even if you would make the same choice (eventually) it doesn't change the fact that you weren't able to make the choice yourself. Hence not making it your decision as you had no say in it. So yeah, you can't say Rimuru sacrificed them as Raphael did without Rimuru's consent

@TwEeD yeah, thinking about that while reading yer answer, I think this was a conscious choice from the author. If Rimuru had done this, he might have looked too cold-hearted to some readers, so instead of giving him the choice, it was left to the AI (Great Sage / Rapahel). On the other hand, this also shows how Raphael works (all numbers), but we kind of already knew that, so I think it was a way to not have to deal with the "cold-hearted protagonist" theme and keep the happy go-lucky slime with more ease.

It looks like Raphael is an Angel and Rimiru is a demon then Rimuru have Spirit inside him, Trinity.

Users who are viewing this thread