Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken - Vol. 16 Ch. 73 - The Majins' Scheme

Double-page supporter
@can_zero
Did you read the chapter??? They literally said it was to draw out demon lord valentine out so they could investigate the inner sanctum of the holy church.

Seriously? You'd attack another nation then if you lost you'd beg for mercy? Fuck you die.

Fed-Kun's army
Im confused, when dis they captured the king? Was that idiot really in the fronlines when they attacked tempest?

Dex-chan lover
@VincentYamato
You need to reread some chapters.
They captured him after Rimuru had a little "chat" with him in the battlefield.

And he wasn't necessarily in the front lines, but he was cocky enough to think he was able to subdue the demon lord

Dex-chan lover
@VincentYamato

If you recall, he and the fat bald guy were camped in the forest along with the soldiers when Rimuru killed everyone. They were working with the mage guy who got artistically rearranged by Shion in this chapter.

Dex-chan lover
@VincentYamato Read chapter 66 again.
He was at the base command camp, not exactly on the front-lines.
Rimuru single-handedly attack them with Megiddo.

I guess the artist didn't want to draw Yuuki obscured by shadows or panel angles for the entire conversation? I'd already spoiled myself so I read the LN knowing that the "boy" had to be Yuuki, but other than some strong hinting they never explicitly mentioned who he was so this chapter came as a surprise to me in that they just straight up said it.
Can't withhold visual information in a visual medium without really going out of your way to do it.
It'd be great if they just revealed him without having his name up in a dramatically gigantic speech bubble, though. Some readers might've missed who he was (lol) that way, just like how some people don't clue in on who he is in the LN because they're thinking about other things while trying to get through the chapter or something.

ZzzZzzZzzZ chapter, only the last page is good I don't wanna know the shit villains plan I want to see the SLIME AND HE CITY NOT A BUNCH OF USELESS TRASH VILLAINS.

Fed-Kun's army
Just straight up AM'd that guy.
I have no mouth, and I must scream.

This is like playing Civ when you're just stocking up and be at peace for that culture victory, but someone attacked because you were too peacefully, and got their arse handed so hard, you start rolling to their capital and removing them completely.

Dex-chan lover
@srjoao this isn't your chapter to a volume mini stories. This is like a grand scheme . Sure laplace is a tard but that doesn't mean the boy and demon lord are stupid. Which is kind of weird because the higher the grade of monster or demi human the smarter they become and we can see how smart most of the goblins have gotten going from goblin to hobgoblin are. Even the complexity of skills goes up. specialties have some influence in it too as we seen from what gifts they got. I personally don't think the kid makes much sense as a villain unless he has been manipulated over all those long years

I would like to point out that a manga makes it hard not reveal Yuuki since it is hard to do "that boy" kinda of thing in a visual medium.

@goodhunter absolutely,
In the LN, it states that Shion uses her "Chef" skill to turn the prisoners into "meatloaf" and also states that she used it to make it so that thats the "natural form of their body" so even with full potions, they'd just return to the state they are in. Although, it does hint at Diablo working with Shion to maximize the fear from the torture.

Users who are viewing this thread