Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken - Vol. 18 Ch. 80 - Return of the Great Beast

So, I'm not sure if the manga is going to go over this stuff or not, but I'd like to explain a few things that were skipped over here since I see some questions/complains here in the comments.

First off, Gobuta didn't actually dodge those attacks at all. He "accidentally" dodged them although it looks like he is being treated as less of a comedic character here. His part in the LN broke up the tension of the moment for a bit but I guess it wasn't needed in the manga.

Second, the revival of Charybdis isn't exactly what is happening here. Rather, these are poorly made copies of Charybdis made from the magicules Clayman was able to retrieve and fuse into an artificial soul core. When the core is fused with a living body the magicules explode out and corrupt the body turning it into a cheap knockoff of Charybdis but with notably the same magic dispersion skill and hyper regeneration.

Finally, to explain Benimaru's seemingly ease of killing the Charybdis clones. First off, they hadn't been fully formed so their magicule count (and thus their magicule defense) wasn't at max yet. And their max is around 30% of the real Charybdis so Benimaru hit them when they were at about 10% of the original's power. Next you have to remember that by this point Benimaru is actually stronger than Rimiru was when they fought Charybdis originally. Keep in mind that Benimaru was able to beat Phobio, the third strongest majin in all of Yuurazania, in a straight up fight. Also, Black Flame (and by extension Black Lightning) are derivatives of Veldora's magicule based skills and thus are more easily able to overcome magicule resistance. And finally, Benimaru's Black Flame isn't completely a direct attack as he using a combination of Black Flame and a Barrier skill to encapsulate the Black Flame into a small sphere concentrating the heat. Without heat or flame resistance it is a devastating skill that punches far above it's weight in Magicules.

Edit: Oh, right I forgot another big thing. At this point Rimiru has gone through the Harvest Festival and the True Demon Lord Awakening so all of his named followers got a secondary power-up at well. There are other explanations too but I think that'd be spoilery for things I'm sure they'll put into the manga.

Dex-chan lover
@Werebearguy: Not really.
Benimaru is actually at the same power level as Carrion, without being a Demon Lord (Milim is the strongest Demon Lord, as far as raw power output is concerned).
As for Yamza-Charybdis, technically it didn't really complete its transformation, so defeating it was far much easier.
Also even Carrion should have been able to defeat the original Charybdis (its just that it would have been a bit more work for him than what Milim did), so its not surprising that the current Benimaru could also do the same thing.

ohh man 2 chapters in a day and awesome chapters too. big thanks for your work

@knightnin Thank you for that explanation, Some things in this chapter didn't feel right to me but you managed to clear a lot of my doubts on this.

That dude didn't have a chance first he got screwed by Clayman then he got ended by Grandmaster B.
He really didn't want that dude leaking any secrets.

Dex-chan lover
This isekai is turning too shounen-esque. Way too much chapters focused on side characters.

As awesome as it is to see Clay man's army get wrecked I can't wait to see Walpurgis. So many scenes that should look amazing in manga format.

@knightnin I'm sure that should help a lot. They can't possibly fit all the info from the novel into the manga but sometimes they forget one or two things that would really help. Not seeing Rimuru's strongest go all out since the Orcs makes it hard for people to know how strong they should be at this point.

Dex-chan lover
since when is weeb oni strong
has he ever even fought since the start when he got his shit kicked in by rimuru? i can only remember him standing around

Users who are viewing this thread