Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken - Vol. 24 Ch. 106 - Formal Audiences

Fundamentally, scanlation is illegal in every country since we aren't copyright holders nor licenced translators, but since the sheer number of people doing it is too high they can't really do shit. And from what i've heard, kodansha was lenient about teams that didn't try to make money out of their scanlation activities. But now that they do the job themselves they might change opinion
I understand the copyright thing, but it has to be claimed. And if you have a market (Europe, while most of us who are whining are from here), where not too much is avaiable I don't understand what damage you cause. But it is just my thinking.
And a last question as I am curious: If Mangadex could also do a region lock for titles (like US can't see the uploads and read it), would you have continued the tranlation?

And thank you all for your work. It was always a happy time I have read your translations!

Group Leader
I understand the copyright thing, but it has to be claimed. And if you have a market (Europe, while most of us who are whining are from here), where not too much is avaiable I don't understand what damage you cause. But it is just my thinking.
And a last question as I am curious: If Mangadex could also do a region lock for titles (like US can't see the uploads and read it), would you have continued the tranlation?

And thank you all for your work. It was always a happy time I have read your translations!
Copyright applies everywhere, no matter if there is an official licence for tl already or not, and huh, i too think the decision from k-manga is terribly stupid and that they should be able to easily get the rights for worldwide release, i really don't understand what they are doing. But that's not really the thing that makes us stop.
There will be a simultaneous release with japan, where it takes us between two and five days to deliver in most cases. we just can't compete without leakers and finding those will be both difficult and risky for them.
About your last question, no. This is not the issue.

Sexy Dryads are very welcome.
Rimuru should've added more of them in the first place, that could've been the best ARC.

Benimaru getting the harem route... :wooow: :wooow: :wooow:

It's sad to see you guys not translating this anymore but thanks for translating the chapters.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Glad to see the undying love for them hot elves still lives on in our fav slime's heart.

There will be a simultaneous release with japan, where it takes us between two and five days to deliver in most cases. we just can't compete without leakers and finding those will be both difficult and risky for them.
While I don't think most of the readers care and don't mind the wait for better quality, it's obviously very demotivating for the scanlation team, so I think your decision is reasonable.

You should've included this image in your credits page.
K91uV7n.png

I'll never understand this kind of moralizing behavior from scanlators.

Dex-chan lover
I have also asked this in other threads, but is there a legal reason the groups have to drop this?

A shame we can't see a views on Mangadex now, could have made a test how much the views drop because of simulpub.
The legal reason is that scanlations are inherently illegal, being unapproved distribution of copyrighted work. There is a general lack of enforcement as long as no one pushes for it, but a licenser may see these as eating into their profit which gives them a reason to go after it.

I don't think a region locking option would work either as it is still unapproved for the regions outside of the US and by having mangadex set up a region permission system they may be accepting even more liability for this illegal content beyond just hosting it.

Dex-chan lover
Interesting to see Gozu and Mezu here, even if they take basically no traits from the mythology beyond their animal heads and names.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the years of great work, Tempest! You and so many other translators are the unsung heroes of the manga community.

Aggregator gang
Oh hey! The Guardians of the Underworld Ox-Head and Horse-Face show up!

Dex-chan lover
K-manga is not available in my country but Ill probaly jump to the physical formant from here.

Thank you all in Tensura staff for your work until now. Without you I would probably droped this franchise after Slime anime Season one. Is tank to you Im in love with this series
I don't blame you, season 1 had a lot of chapters squished into it, while having the last episode being a seemingly, at the time, unimportant character story. This resulted in certain points being rushed, or out right cut from the anime story, even when it was plot relative, such as the journey to the academy that had him;
1. Gain his adventurer's license.
2. Learn how to summon demons during the adventurer's exam.
3. Forming trade relationship with the neighboring country.
Fortunately season 2 has better pacing, and fewer chapters squeezed into it, resulting in a better product than season 1 was.

Dex-chan lover
Let's see... U.S. exclusive, no subscription model, coin based system, probable split chapters for extra money, no mature series, potential censorship (especially on ios)... Yea this will probably crash and burn like Square Enix's global english app :kek:
Ah K-Manga, a walking joke to the Manga Reading Community. I did a very rough search for the Manga consumption of the world (and I have shit luck when it is using stuff like Google and the like for looking for things), and oddly enough France seems to be the biggest consumer of Manga in the world. The only thing I can feel regarding K-Manga is that they are either, trying to reduce the number of Manga Readers outside of the States, or kill off Manga Readers by reducing how many good Manga are available outside of Japan, and with them implementing mechanics that would alienate people, I feel it would be the latter of the two options.

Users who are viewing this thread