Tensei Shite High Elf ni Narimashitaga, Slow Life wa 120-nen de Akimashita - Ch. 27

Dex-chan lover
I thought he was a reincarnator from Japan, why does he still seem surprised with all of these clearly-Asian-influenced culture?

Dex-chan lover
QugNEV0.jpg

I initially read that first panel as "take weed" instead of "take heed," and it made perfect sense given the look on her face.

Dex-chan lover
Yet you not complain when most of time the initial setting is European? He's totally journeying from not-Europe to not-Central Asia to not-China. Maybe in the next century he'll be stranded in not-Hawaii.
Problem is, this trope is all overused.
You say european setting, but what kind of european? We can't even define the initial setting because it is just a generic euroguild society. Not-Central Asia is actually really cool because there's not much world building in this type of nomad societies in manga overall (Otoyomegatari is nice though). Why bother making this a "Tensei-Adventure" story if the isekai has nothing different in its societal-architectural-cultural aspects? I'm just grumbling because I'm just keep getting disappointed in this genre. I think I should stuck with some good novels and western fantasy books.
Only Miura and Togashi can/could make believable worlds

Dex-chan lover
How would that be different from real world history, though?
Sakoku/Japanese isolationist cultural aspect
In Indonesia/Thailand/Malasia nobody speaks japanese, but imagine for example, how cool would be a notWa with Japonic southern asian architecture and folklore. Authors are in a creative industry, they could explore and gamble more in the market
I can count literally 3 more immortal elf adventure series and every single one is the freaking same setting.
At least try to copy Morrowind or PS1/PS2 obscure RPG games settings, GODDAMMIT
Thai_palaces_murals.jpg

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
We are the Sprite. Lower your armss and surrender. We will add your biological and magical distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.

Double-page supporter
Hmm, China huh. It'll be interesting to see how the author plays with the usual Wuxia/Xianxia tropes.
Also, Suu is cute. 10/10.

Dex-chan lover
"Maybe I should leave before trouble finds me, huh?"
Trouble finds him
"Well well. Maybe I should stay for longer, to see how this trouble plays out."

Dex-chan lover
Our sweet elf boy has been negatively influenced by the dwarves. Now he has become quite the thrill seeker

Dex-chan lover
And just like that Aesir gonna stay for another 5 years in this place.

So next country is a version of China, eh?! :huh:
And you would use the usual, maritime or sea conflict we get IRL in this fictional story...?:bleh:

No originality.:worry:

P.S. I dunno if MC makes Suu love him as Kueha loved him. Another NTR perhaps?! :aquadrink:

Dex-chan lover
Our sweet elf boy has been negatively influenced by the dwarves. Now he has become quite the thrill seeker
Not sure if it's thrillseeking for Aesir... More like idle curiosity, as far as I can tell.

Don't forget that between his own not inconsiderable combat prowess, he's also got his spirit magic.
And is capable of single-handedly re-arranging a mountain passage to prevent a war that would be Inconvenient to him...

Never read novels, but.. Stoneface knows , or at least accurately senses what Aesir is capable of if ticked off enough.
He's not helping out Aesir, he's actually protecting the inn from busybodies prodding and provoking the Holy Handgrenade of Antioch..

Dex-chan lover
And caught up. Liking it so far. I have some issues with how time works, but that's generally less important. Not hard to see the comparisons with Frieren, but it's distinct from it. Not sure how they line up in original release date.

While there's blue/green ao (青) there's the definitely-only-green midori (緑)
Though isn't that a more recent term? I'd be surprised if that was the term used for ancient tales.

Problem is, this trope is all overused.
But the thing is, he does go through a bunch of other cultures first. It's not like there's a straight-to-Japan-ignoring-everything-else plot. Including Japan as one of many is distinct from it being the only one. And honestly, if I got isekaied and had the opportunity to explore a new world, I'd see if there was an equivalence to my own culture as well.

You say european setting, but what kind of european? We can't even define the initial setting because it is just a generic euroguild society.
Honestly, that's as far as I trust these authors to represent Europe. They get things so sideways most of the time that it doesn't matter what European nation they claim to represent. And that's for modern-setting manga. Maybe there's a difference between southern Europe and northern (with central being more northern-like), but none east-west.

Double-page supporter
idk if someones already mentioned this, but this manga feels like an even more slice of life version of frieren

Dex-chan lover
So if he wasn't there, that guy really was gonna "Outta mah way kid!" punts kid off dock

Users who are viewing this thread