Tensei Shite High Elf ni Narimashitaga, Slow Life wa 120-nen de Akimashita - Ch. 33

Didn't realize it at first, but the tree has a face lol. I like the happy tree but this is funny Edit: okay im going crazy this post is borked but i got the image finally to appear
tree.png
x9kmbj4

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter.

The Titan probably could also cleave the island in two or other extreme measures to stop the fight, but he didn’t. Perhaps once Aesir got all the information from all sides he may come to the same conclusion.

Also, the mermaid and old man pair is cute. Aesir was able to withstand that third wheel feeling for a year. Kudos to him really.

Dex-chan lover
So I suppose oni's soon?
Will be interesting to learn their side of the story.
Just once again proves how hopeless of a race humankind is that without a common enemy they would just as quickly start fighting each other for no good reason Sadge
Plenty of good reasons, for example having a cat pfp vs a dog pfp. A splendid reason to shed the lubricating blood of the war machine.

Dex-chan lover
So, flashback time.

You can't stop someone like that from fighting. Unless you're stronger yourself.

Short flashback.

That writing is way too neat.

I think it's more that you have to go on with your life, despite the war. Otherwise you'll die. Mentally, at least.

You need to peel persimmon? Or is it like how Japanese people also like to peel apples?

Time skip. Just one year this time.

That's a very square throne for being made out of living wood.

Fighting isn't how people move forward. Preparing to fight, maybe, but most of all, just living and being curious about the world.

The Titan probably could also cleave the island in two or other extreme measures to stop the fight, but he didn’t.
He could, but why? It's not his fight.

Just once again proves how hopeless of a race humankind is that without a common enemy they would just as quickly start fighting each other for no good reason Sadge
A story doesn't prove anything. Real life does. Greed and fear of the unknown cause fights. To go the other way we need knowledge, communication, and empathy.

Supporter
Will be interesting to learn their side of the story.
I've definitely been wondering how this meeting is going to play out, since we only know them for their relentless warfare.

You need to peel persimmon? Or is it like how Japanese people also like to peel apples?
Apparently it's a thing more specific to kaki, the Japanese persimmon. Based solely on their outward appearance, I always figured persimmons to be similar to tomatoes, so I was thinking that peeling one would be kind of disastrous. But I was wrong, and the flesh is far more solid.
iStock-1309852563.jpg
35-2_im01.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the scanlation

Edit: recounting legends, reminiscing about the past through song, and navigating a trivial everyday fight between a married couple. that's what i love about this series...

Last edited:
Can anyone remind me what's so special about the fruit he gave them?
It's an Apua fruit, from a sacred/spirit tree. In the LN It's explained/shown a bit over the course of both this and a couple future instances that they're basically full of life energy, like without any processing of them they can fix issues such as sterility caused by excessive inbreeding, or in this instance, it can be used for the mermaid and old guy to have a kid together.

High elves literally eat them all the time cause their forests are full of them, but they super rare and valuable to everyone else, cause the only other place you can find the special spirit trees they grow on are in large forests, and non-elves can't even FIND the spirit trees.

Dex-chan lover
Can anyone remind me what's so special about the fruit he gave them?

That seems to be the Apua fruit/"Hermetic Peaches"
https://mangadex.org/chapter/60da093c-ac7a-4685-908e-ff5883bdda50/25

From digging through some earlier chapters:
https://mangadex.org/chapter/e671054d-0f08-4fae-812e-4bc7baf474ce/29
The relevant thing is it can be used for "rejuvenation elixir" wink wink

And of course it's very valuable:
https://mangadex.org/chapter/cfd94c17-7251-4fd3-900a-c08d8775d78a/19

Users who are viewing this thread