Tensei Shite Inaka de Slowlife wo Okuritai - Ch. 63 - I Want to Go to Kagura

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter!
Hooray! He gets to have a vacation to Japan to escape from all of the domestic abuse. :win:
I sure can't wait for the "This country's food is the bestest, greatest food in the world!" chapters.
I mean this one was practically the advertisement for it.

Dex-chan lover
Buying crops, or pretty much anything, before it's actually ready to be sold, is called the futures contract, or simply futures. It's a common way of trading agricultural products. Now that I checked the Wikipedia article, there's apparently a Greek legend of it happening in the classical era, but even if that wasn't true, it's a very old invention of economics, nonetheless. And yeah, it's naturally an integral part of trading rice.

This chapter seemed to weirdly suggest a setting where the MC is living on an European themed continent, but will travel to a Japanese themed continent, and is advertising it by mentioning dishes that Europeans introduced to the Japanese in our world in the past. Why does he need to do to Kagura to get those? He could probably get them from nearby cities in his own country? In addition to rice, there would have been East Asian dishes the author could have used.

Dex-chan lover
What are the odds of samurai girl showing up, 90%? 99.9999%? And ofc she'll have a KATANA the greatest (actually completely shit tier IRL) weapon ever.

They even leave sister behind so her sword doesn't have a chance of breaking that piece of joke stick known as katana as soon as it appears.

Dex-chan lover
Buying crops, or pretty much anything, before it's actually ready to be sold, is called the futures contract, or simply futures. It's a common way of trading agricultural products. Now that I checked the Wikipedia article, there's apparently a Greek legend of it happening in the classical era, but even if that wasn't true, it's a very old invention of economics, nonetheless. And yeah, it's naturally an integral part of trading rice.

This chapter seemed to weirdly suggest a setting where the MC is living on an European themed continent, but will travel to a Japanese themed continent, and is advertising it by mentioning dishes that Europeans introduced to the Japanese in our world in the past. Why does he need to do to Kagura to get those? He could probably get them from nearby cities in his own country? In addition to rice, there would have been East Asian dishes the author could have used.
think he just pretty much said anything that came to mind on the spot to get permission, doubt they'll actually have them

the main reason he is going there is to set up a teleport destination so he can get rice instantly whenever its needed

Dex-chan lover
think he just pretty much said anything that came to mind on the spot to get permission, doubt they'll actually have them

the main reason he is going there is to set up a teleport destination so he can get rice instantly whenever its needed
He has amused his folks with new dishes in the past, so I'm sure he's serious about them. We already saw the people present pay attention to the names of the dishes he mentioned. I fear this is a case of the author not even realising the origin of those dishes since they have been a part of the Japanese food scene even for centuries. At the end of the day, manga is made for the Japanese audience, with extremely few exceptions, so mangaka might often not care about such mistakes even if they were aware of the truth.

Dex-chan lover
It seems the story is quite slow pacing. I completely forgotten of what is this manga about.
It's in the title....'slow life'. Usually these kind of slow life isekai never any big story. It's just making food, playing, sometimes a "fight" scene where it's just children playing around, then back to making even more food.

Somtimes I wish they add more spice to it since after sometimes it gets really boring. Like remember the princess on a wheelchair that were able to see MC flying from a far, that looks really interesting......but nope they go back to the usual boring EVEN MOAR FOOD.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
What's that map? Mountains in the sea?

Buying crops, or pretty much anything, before it's actually ready to be sold, is called the futures contract, or simply futures.
Wasn't that pretty much the origin of paper money? Contracts that got normalised into pure value.

What are the odds of samurai girl showing up, 90%? 99.9999%? And ofc she'll have a KATANA the greatest (actually completely shit tier IRL) weapon ever.
Considering the number of female warriors, it should be reasonably likely a samurai girl shows up. And katanas aren't complete shit tier. They're more like average, although not comparable to European swords of the time since they had different purposes and thus were designed with different strengths.

It seems the story is quite slow pacing. I completely forgotten of what is this manga about.
It's one of the rare slow life isekais that's actually slow life.

It's in the title....'slow life'. Usually these kind of slow life isekai never any big story.
Nah, usually they claim to be about slow life, but there's always some world-changing drama that pops up they need to deal with as the heroes of the realm, which keeps it from being actual slow life. Or at least, that's my impression.

Dex-chan lover
Thank the holy lord that she didn't join some finally peace and quiet lets goooo

Aggregator gang
let me guess, she will run away and sneak in to the carravan/wagon cargo

Dex-chan lover
let me guess, she will run away and sneak in to the carravan/wagon cargo
That's my guess too, or maybe coincidentally the knights training group is going on a field trip.

Also why are there copy pasted mountains drawn in the ocean on the map, or are they supposed to represent unsurveyed islands or weirdly drawn waves?

Dex-chan lover
4JgpKwq.png

:ROFLMAO:

Fed-Kun's army
This arc is what lead me to drop the novel. I'm really hoping this isn't like 100 chapters of the manga. It might be a few years before we are done with it and I get to see the outcome.

Users who are viewing this thread