Tensei Shite Inaka de Slowlife wo Okuritai - Vol. 5 Ch. 28 - The Demon Lord, the Hero, and the Lost Shield

@cor3zone
• His sister obviously loves him a lot(sibling love, obviously), and wants to bring him him everywhere to play with him. She does not quite understand that he is not fully capable of keeping pace with her, but that is something pretty common for a child, and she is, in fact, a child.
He's even pretty clearly her favorite, and she cares more for him than for Silvio.

Dex-chan lover
@Rafaelrgm She also thinks it's fun and absolutely her right to beat him up whenever she feels like it. She's an arrogant, stuck up bitch, no matter how hard you cling to your 'tough love' argument. It's fine for her to act on her every whim, but MC has to get beaten down whenever he shows any free will? Fuck off.

Edit: I fucked up. "how hard how" indeed...

@cor3zone
It's okayI have fucked up as well. I was writing a reply and closed the tab, now I have to start all over again.

Btw, I went back through the chapters, and the times she hit him so far was:
• When he was planning to put ice inside her clothes, and he got his revenge just a few minutes later;
• When he deceived her to eat spicy food, and she didn't even hit him. She just made him eat the same thing as her;
• There was a false positive when he compared her chest to the chest of one of her friends. It may look she hit him, but when you look at the chapter, she only got angry, but did nothing;
• When she made her bath in freezing cold water in the middle of winter;
• When he was mocking her in his mind;
• When he was pretending sleep to skip training. And again, said training is important so he can learn how to protect himself in this world.;

So, about 5 times in the whole series, only 2 of those could be considered "unprovoked", and even so, he did not take it silently like many of the people keep talking. And the others, he actually deserve it.
If want to talk about "abuse", his prank of a fake warm bath that's actually freezing cold int the middle of winter is way more abusive, specially when you consider the medieval times they live in. That could prove fatal to the victim.

On the other hand, she:
• Is always looking out him and trying to find ways to play with him;
• Even when she is tired, she is always trying to spend time if him;
• The same when she has some something she is busy with, she tries to finish it quickly just to spend time with him;
• When got got too exhausted from a tough training session and blacked out(his punishment for disrespecting his father), it was her taking care of him until he woke up;
• Praise him to the heavens whenever he does something;
• Always try to take care of him, as an example, the picnic chapter where she was always stopping to see if he was fine;
• Whenever he does something good, she's the one to praise him to the heavens and trying to show to others how good he is;
• She's also always up to anything he proposes, even with the pranks he pulls on her;

So in the end we have a few isolated instances of her hitting him, most of them being fully justified(and knowing that he really up to something the other times, all of them) or within the limits of family banter, against a consistent pattern of behavior where she shows friendliness, care, protection, affection, and so on...

He may paint her a little negatively, but that's because usually he is lazy as F and always looking for ways of slacking off, while she is almost like a bottomless pit of energy and wants to use that energy spending time with him.

She does not not "beat him up whenever she feels like it", and was never shown to think that "it's fun and absolutely her right" to do so. On the contrary, the few instances where she did hit him were pretty much justified, and she always show care and love for him, even favoritism.

Dex-chan lover
@Rafaelrgm Ok. Now do the same for every instance when his other family members cause harm to him. Then all the times MC causes actual harm on the same level on someone else. Compare the two lists. Paints an interesting picture.

jesus ******* Christ... I just realized i really hate this comic. what I like about it is just really being outweighed by the abuse. its like I have this sliver of hope that it will get better, but it just never gets better and only gets worse and his sister is just a monster along with the rest of his family. IF this kid had any backbone at all he would use magic to stand up to them. If the abuse stopped this would be so much better, if the family was deleted from the story, it would be so much better, heck, if he straight up murdered them all I would cheer. ive never loved and hated a comic so much before... ill probably keep complaining for another dozen chapters and then drop it at this rate. Maybe a few non abuse chapters will get me to stick around for awhile longer. I wonder if the author gets complaints about this from the Japanese audience or is there just a huge audience that has a fetish for being abused by their sister and family?

Dex-chan lover
@Rafaelrgm
What are his real accomplishments? Some food and a board game. It may look amazing for us because we know the effect of those things in our world, but honestly, how many of the our hometown dishes and games, keep being just that?
See? Even you belittles his achievement.
He made an event so intriguing that two nobles, one of them from the duke family, came to the countryside just to attend. Kind of a big deal, don't you think?

Sure, it might not be good to praise a child to the heavens, but you know what's also not good? Never praising a child for its achievement.
• His Father is a bit strict and forces him to learn swordsmanship... So what? This is a world where this skill is a necessity to survive in this world and is his duty as a father to teach him that, even if doesn't want to. And not to mention, that the MC's magical abilities are not offensive.
Well, if it's about survival, then why insist on sword instead of something he has the talent for?
If it ain't offensive, then why prohibit its usage during the incoming spar? Ignoring this instance obviously.
It's really feels like forcing a fish to learn how to climb a tree, and then made fun of it since it can't climb a tree as fast as the monkey it trained with.

• His sister obviously loves him a lot(sibling love, obviously), and wants to bring him him everywhere to play with him. She does not quite understand that he is not fully capable of keeping pace with her, but that is something pretty common for a child, and she is, in fact, a child.
Oh, but she does seems to understand his (physical) limit. She's perfectly capable of being kind, but she just doesn't want to.
And since you kindly list all her aggression to try to justify her action, I'm gonna say that recently is the keyword.
Here's her list of violence against him after the namec tournament arc.
- Hit 'cause he made fun of her in his mind.
- Iron claw due to... trying to deceive her by pretending to sleep? trying to skip the morning training that the father arbitrarily decided to do just this morning?
- Hit 'cause again, he made fun of her in his mind.
All can't exactly be said as reasonable.
Sure, previously, there's a balanced banter between the two of them, but recently? Hardly the case.

his mom and his brother's ok tho

@mage_goo
See? Even you belittles his achievement.
Because it's not normally that great, it was a new game and new foods, these kind of things are not that great. New games and foods are made everyday by common people. One time or another some food becomes popular, but it's not nothing that demands great skills.
The only reason the game and dishes got popular and even the reason the merchant gave him the time of the day should be pretty obvious, because he's a noble. Not because he's personally special.

He made an event so intriguing that two nobles, one of them from the duke family, came to the countryside just to attend. Kind of a big deal, don't you think?
They didn't come to the countryside to attend the event, they went there to check the village and visit the MC's father who is a friend of theirs, the person from a duke family came because she's the wife and is accompanying her husband.

Well, if it's about survival, then why insist on sword instead of something he has the talent for?

His mother is responsible for magical training, his father is responsible for the sword training. He needs to learn both, but it's only the sword that he doesn't like, so that's what he will complain about, obviously.

If it ain't offensive, then why prohibit its usage during the incoming spar? Ignoring this instance obviously.
It's really feels like forcing a fish to learn how to climb a tree, and then made fun of it since it can't climb a tree as fast as the monkey it trained with.
Because it's sword training so he needs to focus on the sword and in his physical state. The training would lose all meaning if he used magic to go through with brute force.
Also, as he said before, daily life magic can be altered to be used offensively, it's not that he is really using magic designed for combat, he's altering his normal magic to attack.
------------------
About his sister, I already went through it.
Btw, in those few times where he was actually hit, was he ever hit to the point of crying of feeling that it was abuse?
------------------

I'll stop here, this discussions isn't going anywhere and I still believe my main point stands.
8 months since the manga began being released and the people complaining still keep coming back religiously to read it and complain right after.

• Expecting a 6 years old with too much time in his hand to be treated like a king or god for creating a few dishes and a board game.
• Expecting focusing on all the bad points of his sister, that's also a kid, while also ignoring all the positive ones.
• Expecting he be given special treatment and be exempt of the same training all his siblings have to take part in just because he can use magic. Like if that would ever backfire having a chance of creating resentment with the other siblings. Not to mention the fact that is an essential skill in the world.
• Expecting the family to neglect his education just he doesn't want to.
• Finding every possible way to cherry pick some parts and make it so that he is being abused, tortured and mocked at every turn, like he is some kind of Harry Potter living with the Dursleys.
• ...and more

And even after complaining nonstop, coming back every single chapter to complain more instead of simply dropping it and go on with life.
Again, trigger warning:
Like I said in the original comment, this really look like sad cries of envy and jealously from people with sad or unfulfilled childhoods.

Dex-chan lover
@Rafaelrgm
Because it's not normally that great, it was a new game and new foods, these kind of things are not that great. New games and foods are made everyday by common people. One time or another some food becomes popular, but it's not nothing that demands great skills.
The only reason the game and dishes got popular and even the reason the merchant gave him the time of the day should be pretty obvious, because he's a noble. Not because he's personally special.
really amazing how you flip-flopped between treating him as an adult and as a kid when convenient
in any other world, even a child sloppy drawing deserves a praise, but mc developing a game and dishes from scratch doesn't deserves any apparently
They didn't come to the countryside to attend the event, they went there to check the village and visit the MC's father who is a friend of theirs, the person from a duke family came because she's the wife and is accompanying her husband.
they still attended the event, that's originally intended for the common pleb, mind you
and spouses of the duke family is the duke's family
His mother is responsible for magical training, his father is responsible for the sword training. He needs to learn both, but it's only the sword that he doesn't like, so that's what he will complain about, obviously.
his mother stopped his magic training since what, ch. 5?
have we ever shown a scene of the siblings in a proper magic training for combat-use? where they all told not to stop until all their mana depleted?
where mc for once get to defeat her sister in combat (training) and put her in her place so that she won't be so arrogant?
no?
there you go
Because it's sword training so he needs to focus on the sword and in his physical state. The training would lose all meaning if he used magic to go through with brute force.
i'll say it again
It's really feels like forcing a fish to learn how to climb a tree, and then made fun of it since it can't climb a tree as fast as the monkey it trained with
Also, as he said before, daily life magic can be altered to be used offensively, it's not that he is really using magic designed for combat, he's altering his normal magic to attack.
you misunderstand something
there ain't no daily-life magic in that world, as stated by mc on earlier chapter
rather than altering his normal magic to attack, he's actually altering an attack magic to use in daily life
Btw, in those few times where he was actually hit, was he ever hit to the point of crying of feeling that it was abuse?
truly, the mindset of a bully
dunno man, do you really think all that "respect" he has for his sister actually came from her charisma or something

and you really don't get it, huh, mr. bully-and-thus-have-a-good-childhood
envy and jealousy can't exist in a self-insert manga
it's empathy
someone with a sad or unfulfilled childhood is quick to recognize a sad childhood

and it's not like people complains 'cause the story is bad
just like usagi drop, people complains because the story used to be good

Contributor
Use magic and beat them all, they are allowed to use their talents but you aren't? Because they say so, bullshit? Use magic and make them grovel before you. The abuse will never stop if you don't make them stop.

There are a lot of idiots here keep saying this manga is bad but still read it until now. A whole bunch of tsundere asshole.

I love this manga! All this monologues esp with his sister is hilarious! Having sisters myself, for some reason i can totally relate. And he's really living a fun life and acting his physical kid self which is adorable. I love the pacing too!

Double-page supporter
I think a lot of the tension here is that MC is an introvert. But everyone around him insists on dragging him out of his shell.
Which is not a completely bad thing to do since left alone, MC will probably just wander off into his own space. But there's a sense that they're constantly pushing MC outside of his comfort zone and we don't see enough times that he spends alone or doing his own thing to offset the discomfort.

So it might just be a question of scene choices. If every time when his family bothers him was spaced out with an additional chapter of MC doing his own thing (eg. reinventing some food or exploring mountains or making interesting magic items), the pacing would be much more tolerable.

He's perfectly happy being by himself and if his family weren't so pushy (or if he came clean and had a talk to re-negotiate their relationship to a more standoff-ish one), I could see MC becoming something like the family cat. Just come in for meals, advice and maybe occasionally comfort, who will help out his family, but is mostly absent wandering the countryside seeking his own goals.

EDIT: also, skipping ahead a lot, there's a magic lesson in the webnovel chapter 279 and a magic mock battle at 284

@Rafaelrgm
dude holy moly you are literally the definition of a bully , ''it aint bullying if the one being bullied didn't saay so'' or like ''we were just joking with him it is just pranks and some rough love'', also ppl are jealous of the mc family? xD gtfo from you delusions kid , ppl are simply upset about the abusive behavior of the family and like normal ppl DONT agree with it , if you have a fetish like most ppl reading manga thats fine , some people like harem some people like loli or shota , some like feet or w/e and some are into incest and abuse like our dear author here , what i am trying to say it is not normal behavior , but you can fantasize about your fetishes as much as you like here but please dont force this shit on others as normal :)

also you said something about him not doing something great? imagine your 6 YEARS OLD son being capable of creating strategy board games and food from scratch and help in developing land , this is beyond a genius and more of a prodigy , what were you doing when you were that age ? , also imagine if you have a kid who is really good in studying and you force him to become a professional football player , instead of getting to college , thats exactly what the family is doing rn .

also for the people who keeps saying why you coming back I read it just because I read the comments and wanted to join the heat xD , and lol I wasn't desappointed by this retarded manga

@hasandodan Look man, it's been months since the discussion here comes you to call me a bully and twisting what I said to fit your twisted logic.
I already addressed most of the points raised in the discussion and in what you said, go read it cause I'll not repeat myself for the Xth time. My main points still stands.
Don't go calling me a bully when you are part of the crowd that just comes to hate the work, and resurrected a discussion from months ago just to offend someone as your first sentence. Look at the mirror before you start pointing fingers.
And before saying I did the same thing, I'm pretty sure I didn't attack anyone in particular, at least not as the one delivering the first blow. If I did so I apologize.
This is the internet and not real life, when you don't like something you can simply leave. An advice that most haters of this series should follow in my humble opinion.
And taking heed to my own advice, now I'm really putting an end to this discussion on my part before I really start doing one of the things I was complaining about.
Good bye. And good bye to all who try drag me back to this shithole of unending hatred.
That's it, the end.

MD@Home
@alphamine @Sonic Pinging you as you upload a lot for this group.
@tungwhatup Pinging you as you are one of the leaders.

It seems like up to Ch 34 is available in raws.
Or has LHTranslation abandoned another series?

If ye havent "abandoned" this series I am pretty sure @Bl33d can light a fire under ye.

MD@Home
@Bl33d lovely thanks.

I had did a [ctrl]+[f] on that sheet for the name but it didnt show up, which is wierd as it show sup now.

Users who are viewing this thread