The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Love You - Ch. 160 - Give a Taste to Me Yakisoba

Dex-chan lover
Wow, I can't believe there is still people complaining about the accent. Sorry to say, this is probably the best solution they could take. Translation is hard and English language being limited as it is it's hard to do whatever you are demanding.

Take "you" for example. In Japanese it could be anata, kimi, omae, kisama etc. In Malay it could be anda, awak, kau, kamu, ko, lu etc. Any other language would have more variations and it just can't be ported easily. English just sucks like that, that's why it is known as a language that steals words😂 If you are so good go give them a hand or since you are much superior as you claimed, snipe it from them and keep at it for 100+ chapters. Especially this manga when mangaka and author pull weird bullshit like the legendary two pages praising.

Though it is yet to see, should the author decide to do Japanese joke and it clashes with her translated style, English readers who have read this translation already associated her speech to British would be in for a whiplash when in actuality it is a very Japanese old man-ish style, so if they play around with that, it would be very bad indeed. Especially if it's a clash of Naddy terrible English and Dey's much thicker Japanese accent, which will turn into totally different context when translated. Anyway, people should keep this in mind. I think Xun's adaptation is brilliant but the snag is yet to be seen.

Aaaanyway, glad Dei could make it fine into the group and it is interesting she already know inchou from class, making her a bit more established than some girls that just appeared literally on the street (that they actually already did with the cat girl😂)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I like how in the beginning, there was drama surrounding him getting 2 girlfriends and him having to choose, but now every subsequent girlfriend all just casually accept that the guy they just met an hour ago and started dating has 20+ other girlfriends and have little to no problem with it whatsoever.

Dex-chan lover
I like how in the beginning, there was drama surrounding him getting 2 girlfriends and him having to choose, but now every subsequent girlfriend all just casually accept that the guy they just met an hour ago and started dating has 20+ other girlfriends and have little to no problem with it whatsoever.
His power is getting stronger

Dex-chan lover
if
Screen_Shot_2020-10-05_at_11.51.58_AM.png

was a chapter

Dex-chan lover
IN WHAT UNIVERSE IS HAKARI CONSIDERED A "PROPER LADY"?! lmao
author must be on fentanyl or some shit

ps- keep translating Osakaben as bri'ish pls, i love seeing people mad

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Though it is yet to see, should the author decide to do Japanese joke and it clashes with her translated style, English readers who have read this translation already associated her speech to British would be in for a whiplash when in actuality it is a very Japanese old man-ish style, so if they play around with that, it would be very bad indeed.
I dunno about "very bad indeed", but yeah with a series like this, with every translation decision you make there's always a risk that some pun down the line becomes a little less effective. Whether it's someone's accent or something as innocuous as "pear halves" that you'd never think would pop up again. You just have to be practical about it: it's obviously not worth intentionally hampering the quality of your translation in the now for the sake of a hypothetical, likely one-off joke that you can probably write around and get a similar enough effect anyway.

We've been translating this series for over three years and 130 chapters, I'd like to think we have a decent idea what kind of problems to expect.

Dex-chan lover
Currently watching the final arc of the show and it's almost scary how hahari went from this cold antagonist who wanted to protect hakari even against her will to... Well... Hahari

Please stop with the "bri'ish" accent, don't be that lazy anime dubber than localizes osaka-ben to sound like a hick from alabama.
I don't know, I actually kinda like that accent, sounds a bit like her original Osakan dialect, not to mention that Osaka is kinda like a country thing or something, I don't know🙂

Wow, I can't believe there is still people complaining about the accent. Sorry to say, this is probably the best solution they could take. Translation is hard and English language being limited as it is it's hard to do whatever you are demanding.

Take "you" for example. In Japanese it could be anata, kimi, omae, kisama etc. In Malay it could be anda, awak, kau, kamu, ko, lu etc. Any other language would have more variations and it just can't be ported easily. English just sucks like that, that's why it is known as a language that steals words😂 If you are so good go give them a hand or since you are much superior as you claimed, snipe it from them and keep at it for 100+ chapters. Especially this manga when mangaka and author pull weird bullshit like the legendary two pages praising.

Though it is yet to see, should the author decide to do Japanese joke and it clashes with her translated style, English readers who have read this translation already associated her speech to British would be in for a whiplash when in actuality it is a very Japanese old man-ish style, so if they play around with that, it would be very bad indeed. Especially if it's a clash of Naddy terrible English and Dey's much thicker Japanese accent, which will turn into totally different context when translated. Anyway, people should keep this in mind. I think Xun's adaptation is brilliant but the snag is yet to be seen.

Aaaanyway, glad Dei could make it fine into the group and it is interesting she already know inchou from class, making her a bit more established than some girls that just appeared literally on the street (that they actually already did with the cat girl😂)
I think you need to reply to them to get their attention before you write all that😶

Dex-chan lover
In that interview Akasaka sensei is right about one thing for sure, Rikito sensei is an absolute madman.

Currently watching the final arc of the show and it's almost scary how hahari went from this cold antagonist who wanted to protect hakari even against her will to... Well... Hahari
Thats what makes her great.

Users who are viewing this thread