The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Love You - Vol. 7 Ch. 51 - Chiyo-chan

Just remember.
Before ANYONE STARTS WHINING OR COMPLAINING ABOUT THEM BEING COUSINS OR HER BEING 'TOO YOUNG'.

....Hahari. just remember Hahari.
If you cant understand the significance of why I bring her up, then stop reading this manga and leave.

Also, I'm gonna have fun adding her to the Heroine List.

@Crevanille
The age difference between Rentaro and Hahari is relatively trivial, since both are matured people and both share a roughly analogous mental age. Not to mention how Hahari is still inexperienced.

Also, Hahari is one of the most entertaining characters in the manga, and the gags associated to her couldn't really be done by another age group. Is Chiyo capable of expanding the number of gags in the same way? I cant even imagine it.

Not to mention, age is only one of several issues with Chiyo.

Fed-Kun's army
Chad uncle of Chad rentarou. does chadness runs in their family or what?

What a great introduction to 2 new characters lol.

Fed-Kun's army
a little step closer to my dream of hooking him up with his own mother

All this whining about girl bein too young in a manga with 29y.o. Hahari is just baffling. So much hypocrisy.

@MemeBear
But they did have a "love at first sight" moment at page 3, didn't they?

@SuperOniichan
You mean age gap or cousins? Both?
It has to be both, since Rentaro is a minor himsef and Japan has incest legal. But if there more to it, explanation would be appreciated, especially for tradition part.

@FoeJusty I bet whoever wrote that song would be "rolling in their grave" if they knew a song meant to celebrate their home state was bastardized to be synonymous with incest.

@Umeyashi One word ... NO. Seriously how the hell did it get THIS BAD!?! I remember when I was young there was the vague idea that "red necks" did incest and happened to be down south but that was it. When and why did it the entirety of Alabama become synonymous with it!?!

As someone who grew up in Alabama I can say ... no one considered dating your cousin acceptable. I THINK it's considered Legal but Alabama's not even the only state that's considered Legal. It's really just a matter of if the state decided to cosnider it incest or not as it's debated if cousins have enough genetic separation or not. Most say no but apparently it's enough of a grey area that it's a matter of debate.

Normally I wouldn't sweat this kind of thing. But it has gotten REALLY REALLY REALLY old that this is brought up EVERY SINGLE TIME WITHOUT FAIL! What makes it even worse is in an age where you are condemned for the slightest controversy .... somehow insulting an entire state is completely okay. Like if someone tried saying "All Mexican's do [blank]" The internet would eat them alive. But it's okay if it's Alabama.

Really I'm not trying to exaggerate outrage or start a fight. I am just sick to death of this being treated like some kind of hard fact EVERY SINGLE TIME IINCEST IS BROUGHT UP! Like seriously it's every damn time!

@Metazoxan this is the entire state of modern culture, double standards and hypocrisy, I can't say anything to change it since I don't have answers to this shit, however these kinds of things only become normal once people stop thinking they are different and stop bringing it up, Alabama has been brought up so much it is perceived as normal and so nobody mentions it, the south is also synonymous with the opposite of social justice so you won't find anyone in that group jumping to defend you.

@Gnomishness
No. You're missing the point.
The age difference is a moot point.
There's like, a 2 - 3 year difference between them and BOTH LEGALLY MINORS.
It's stupid to even bring that up as a valid criticism.
Rentarou's only a 1st yr HS student who's either 15 or 16 at most.
Plus, cultural norms over there aren't the same here, on top of this being fiction.

Hahari being funny doesn't make her 'more' acceptable and Chiyo any 'less' acceptable when she's objectively the kinda person who wants to bang her own daughter.

No, seriously.
Any complaint you could level against Chiyo could, without a doubt, be justifiably leveled more against Hahari is a walking sex crime waiting to happen. It's only funny bc Hahari is supposed to be seen that way.

Personally, him adding Chiyo is fine seeing as this series already crossed the oyak9don line and it's not even like there's anything 18+ even happening here.

Nah, I'm gonna have to agree to disagree.

Users who are viewing this thread