The Ancient Magus' Bride - Vol. 15 Ch. 75 - Needs must when the devil drives. I

@AvidWebFan @alacaelum They also released a new PV of the college arc, but season 2 is unlikely until after the OAD series finishes fall 2022. There aren't currently enough chapters out for a second season and the current arc doesn't have a good stopping point at the moment.

@D4N43 so are you saying that Chise and Elias coming out of their comfort zone, making new friends and relationship is uneccessary? This college is a very important part of Chise and Elias's growth, both about knowledge and emotional.
No matter how nice and vast of knowledge a person is, there is only so much one can learn from just 2 people. Just like how there is just so much Chise can teach Elias about human (and she doesn't understand them that much at that), there is just so much Elias can tell Chise about this underground world. Like these families' affairs, even if Elias knew about them, hearing the stories from people inside makes a huge difference.

Also, let me remind you that before the college arc, Chise only had 2 female friends around her age, and no male friends. All the male she has known until that point are, despite their appearance, a bunch of old men. But here, for the first time ever, Chise has both male and female friends, a group of close friends, and she made these relationship on her own effort at that. And let's not forget this is her first proper experience as a student, something she didn't have before.

The same goes for Elias. Not just his circle of, well, people he knows, expands, he also made a friend, by himself, for the very first time in his life. Up until now, all the "friends" Elias has are people who approached him first, not vice versa, and he was pretty reluctant, too, despite his interests in human and their relationship. But now, we see that he has been more active in approaching others, making connections and learning from them.

And it's not like this does not affect Elias and Chise's relationship. By getting to know more people, they, in return, also learn more about themselves and are growing, which in turn give them a chance to have a look to their relationship from a different perspective and improve it.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you oh so much for the translation(s). You have done an amazing amount of work and in such a shirt time!
I'm exited about the OVA!

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter ! Next chapter will be about Veronica I guess, that's nice because as Chise said, she can't be read easily...

Dex-chan lover
Anyone else feel like these kids kinda deserve to die? There is actually a dangerous entity out there and they’ve decided to split up (bad idea) and check out places where people have actually died on campus in a magical school where ghosts and spirits are a real thing. It’s like they’ve never seen a horror movie

Also, Isaac s face is apparently never been shown. Anyone else think he’s Chise s younger brother?

@Justking14 It would definitely be interesting / satisfying to get to come back to Chise's whole family past with regards to her runaway father and brother but I don't actually think Isaac is her younger brother. Isaac has obviously been raised in the blacksmith family, and there doesn't seem to be any indication he was a kid brought in from the outside (other than his skills are mediocure for the family business). His face being covered is likely a result of an incident at the forge (indicated by the flashback with bandages and his mention of working with fire).

Users who are viewing this thread