Kusuriya no Hitorigoto - Vol. 8 Ch. 38 - Balsam and Wood Sorrel (Part 2)

what hope was meimei talking about? Did she like rakan of sorts or hope that her freedom could be bought? I think im missing something lol

Fed-Kun's army
PAY YOUR REDEMPTION OLD MAN! YOU HAVE A CHANCE NOW! AND DONT FORGET TO SAY THANK YOU TO MAO MAO AFTER THAT

Double-page supporter
just a comment on Chinese translation:
maybe "rocking" would be a better translation than "shaking" for 摇
"rowing" would also be possible, depending on context

Fed-Kun's army
even though i've read the web novel it's like i didn't read anything bc this seems to be following the LN which is different lol. but what was mei mei talking about?? what hope?? oh no i'm concerned for her now

THIS WAS SO SAD, DAMN. but mao mao totally planned this huh... too good hehe. she strikes again. and mei mei def helped a ton!!! thanks for the translation, on to the next chapter~

For Mei Mei, I think she had a crush on Rakan long ago.

Note how Rakan says she would fidget everytime he commented her. She probably got shy from being praised by the person she likes. And with Mao Mao’s help she had the chance to end up as his mistress/concubine/wife, but she gave it up to help Fon Shen and Rakan make up for their lost time.

Basically a mixture of a broken heart and the regret she held for being an accomplice in Fon Shen’s attempt to get pregnant and lower her value so Rakan could redeem her spilled out as her tears

Wow just wow true love is true love after all..... He really loved her by his heart. The goosebumps i had were just unstoppable

Dex-chan lover
Maomao said in a previous chapter that her mother hated her but seeing this chapter (from the LN) and the corresponding WN part I don't think that was actually the case. Our MC is really intelligent but when it comes to her own feelings/relationships she has the habit to put a lid on them or "create a wall".
Yeah, logical intelligence doesn't equate to emotional intelligence, she isn't dismissive of feelings far from it, but she easily accepts the hand given to her in life, too easily even.

It is one of her strengths and weaknesses.

But there is more to it too, this is just the hard roads of life taking its toll.

Dex-chan lover
for some unknown reasons , in the past , the young ra kan wore the monocle on his left eye .
now in the present , the old ra kan wears the monocle on his right eye .

Users who are viewing this thread