The Apothecary Diaries - Vol. 8 Ch. 40 - Sending Off

Dex-chan lover
Mao Mao with that crop top... many words come to mind but i will say only this one... D E L I C I O U S.

Seeing Jinshi patting Mao Mao head made me more aware of how petite she really is.

Page 28... come one Jinshi dont act like you can say no to that face.

@Bayaya at the bakery I worked at as a kid, half the senior workers had the tips of their fingers or more missing from accidents with the machinery.

The ones that lost flesh right down to the bone got a bit of a stumpy flat layer of skin grow back over it that looks obviously off compared to normal fingers, but surprisingly better than I expected it to.

Obviously they ain't regrowing any bones.

Her injury looks different to those though, kinda more like they reattached her finger - or her mother screwed up and only half cut it off - and it healed back crooked sort of? I dunno. I've pre-ordered the novel that is meant to come out in about 12hrs (J-Nov premium) and this is one of the things I hope there's more detail covered seeing as the manga really doesn't make it clear - what she's saying and the pics don't match, unless this world has supernatural shit going on?

Edit: @KABA ah, I totally missed the tip of the finger back then. So she does just have the tip flat thing like the bakers I know have then? I guess the healed fingertip would be more sensitive being thinner, so she probs holds it all gump like that to avoid it hurting like shit - like as a kid it was ingrained in her that it hurt so now she's grown up subconsciously holding the finger away from danger all crooked making it look like a bigger injury than it really is?

Reactions: le3
oh my god... simply screaming my way through this entire chapter bouncing between serious and comedic, what is this gintama?? ty for the chapter!

Oww i really like this chapter ☺️ and Meimei got solded much faster than in the novel. Im glad for Maomao mother and Rakan even thought Maomao mother running out of time and didnt remembered Rakan.
I had just realize that Maomao pinky nail are a bit bend (i dont know if this the correct english to use) since before i thought its her whole pinky that got cutted so im confused everytime Maomao tell story about the regrow pinky 😅.

Dex-chan lover
Jinshi have it hard doesn't he? It wouldn't be Maomao if she didn't put more thoughts into the ox bezoar than being princess carried though.

It's not even a week since I discovered this manga and I could catch up the translation, Thank you for the update.

I've only read the LN halfway so I've read enough to know about Jinshi's secret but I don't know yet if there's actually any romance development between them, especially on Maomao's part... well, seeing Maomao's personality and social status I highly doubt it, but boy, do I ship them SO HARD.

Aggregator gang
@denzith because it was Mao Mao who gave the clue for him to redeem her. As well as some nudging from Mei Mei (although she was extremely saddened by it, she didn't regret it)

Dex-chan lover
I don't know what Jinshi's secret could be at this point because we already know for a fact he's not a eunuch unless we know exactly how he's related to the royal family. Which I feel like we were already told that as well. But they need to get together asap. bls

Dex-chan lover
@Ai9964 Manhwa? This is genuine manga, published in Big Gangan. Not to mention it's based on a Japanese light novel.

Jinshi's suffering never ends, does it?
Poor guy really thought "it" was finally going to happen.
Also, great ending for the arc, though I hope Mei Mei will get some sweetness in her life in the future.

Double-page supporter
The prayers for those who ship a maomao and jinshi have been kinda answered, they just added a few years to maomao so that jinshi wouldn't be a pedophile https://mangadex.org/title/26640/kusuriya-no-hitorigoto-maomao-no-koukyuu-nazotoki-techou

Users who are viewing this thread