The Apothecary Diaries - Vol. 8 Ch. 40 - Sending Off

Thanks for the chapter, it feels like it's been ages since I last read it *-*

Dex-chan lover
Her dancing on the top of the wall for her biological mother who got redeemed was so powerful. I agree with her, I hope Meimei and the rest of the ladies at the brothel are able to find someone good to get redeemed by, preferably a wealthy husband who gives them freedom and treats them well

@Bayaya apparently! From an NPR article: "Since the 1970s, doctors around the world have reported similar cases in young kids: Chopped off fingertips regrow if the slice occurs before the edge of the nail. Any farther down the digit, and you're probably out of luck." Maomao mentions her nailbed is warped, so I'm guessing she got her pinky cut off before the nailbed.

@Xianoaaaaa not quite.
He's biologically the Emperor's eldest son, but is (when not pretending to be a Eunuch) treated as the Emperor's younger brother. (first ref to this is chap 7 page 7)

So can someone help me understand the last page?

"A noble man looking for the miracle medicine" - is that referring to Jinshi-sama looking for her Ox Benzoar? And "The office being flooded with get well flowers" is that because people think Jinshi-sama is sick since he's looking for the medicine? XD

Dex-chan lover
Is it just me or there is absolutely no progress in their love story ? Like I don't think Mao Mao is in love with him or is there a single premise of that so far that I missed ?

@BlueCatMage I think the noble man is Mao Mao father. He probably went to find medicine for Mao Mao's mother. And it implies that Mao Mao's father redeemed her mother and not Mei Mei.

lol poor Jinshi, he was faked out so many times in this chapter. He totally thought he was about to receive a confession at the end there

Also, love that the guards basically know that Maomao is a problem child and she's Jinshi's problem at this point

Maomao looks so beautiful when she's explaining that bodies can heal... from pinkies getting cut off? Or the skin part?

Users who are viewing this thread