The Archmage's Daughter

@bhdf I COMPLETELY agree. someone is supporting her work to translate for us, illegally yes, but I would love to support an English version if there was one. she's getting upset, which I find understandable, she's entitled to control her work, but like you said, I'm upset because she isn't providing an official English version while simultaneously restricting our scanlations. I hope she's at least looking for an English translator. It's not our fault that we can't read Korean, we're not Korean. and since the author is preventing all scans, then her English version better come out without being restricted to certain countries. I absolutely hate it when that happens.

I was excited for the new update because I thought the author was allowing translations, but that got deleted since... ya know.

She would lose future readers of an official English version if there were illegal scans of it now, so I really do get it. but still, I'm also a fan of her work, I want to enjoy it like others, I just can't read Korean. I hope someone is willing to translate the story with Daum and her team.

this might be a solution, i'm about to try it now:
1. go to the raws on your computer and grab your phone.
2. install google translator, set it to Korean -> English
3. Go crazy

Update: as expected, google translate is garbage.

😭I'm so sad about what happened I checked the authors twitter she is justified with her anger yes but sigh The world of copywriting laws is too deep for my brain but I don't think I loved this manhwa any less than her/his, Korean readers 😔😭

Aggregator gang
I wish the Authors were a bit more understanding though, fake translators/bots/aggregators come in all sorts in the U.S. A translated work is bound to be put somewhere else. She didn’t need to go such extreme lengths and it’s not like the real translators are making $ off of her, they’re treating her story respectfully. They want it to be heard or it’ll take even slower then JPs to translate an official one.

It’s really disappointing to know that there will never be a English translation of this series... I really like this series but I can’t read Korean.. I wish the authors would understand more.. It’s kinda like you only knowing Korean and you want to watch a English show, The English show doesn’t allow Korean subtitles. So basically all you can do is watch and listen to English gibberish. It’s sad because you’ll never know what they say in the story. Same thing with the Manhwa. I hope she allows English translation again some day.

I’ll be waiting for that day.

@Slutdropjin I read the novel. Maybelle lives happily with her father, for the most part, XD.
She becomes a decent mage in the 2nd season and a better fighter in the 3rd season (the novel still ongoing atm, the 3rd season just started 2 weeks ago).

Moonseol_A and Saebyok_ae mentioned that they have an overseas project this year. hopefully Archmage Daughter will get the official english translation..

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

The webtoon already has 44 chapters. If only I could understand Korean 😭. I wish there will be an official English translation of this webtoon soon.

I miss this one, sadly it got drop 😢😢 this is what happens when readers post translates like this knowing the author doesn't know, so please stop posting translates on social media and ruin it for everyone, we can't blame the author because it's their work and all... I hope the author allow English translate soon 😢😢😢

this is why u DONT post it in social media. i understand that its her book and she doesnt want is to be translated, but i hope she understands that her book is getting popular bc of these translations. plus we dont know korean so the popularity of her book will be lower since we wont just go and by the korean version. and again DONT POST IT ON SOCIAL MEDIA smh if ur gonna have translations on social media, then translate it urself if u want to post them so badly ugh this really ruins my mood

OMG i kept thinking about this series and hoping that a new chapter will finally and now

well duh idiot me it got dropped
really people shouldn't post it on social media
i mean damn man this had such a beautiful art and the story too.......i was soooooo looking forward to this
i hope someone picks this like i mean an official translation from any site .......
or the author finally decides to do a translation
i read all the comments below and now i more or less have an idea of what happened

so now i just hope the author does an official english translation also i mean the author wanted to hire a lawyer?
wow scary i get it that she doesn't want her work translated unofficially tho we don't have an official one either
and well it must be close to their heart and all
but .......this is unfair cause we can't even read it.......why is she keeping it all to herself😭

also to the scanlation team thank you so much for the tls u did

EDIT:
i just checked the author's twitter and i mean .......what does she mean her name was replaced with someone else's and they were also demanding a certain price?..... sorry guys i just can't help it about the author ....

i mean maybe as someone who supports these tls i find it a bit hard have the team blamed bcz ik that they do it to spread it, i have met many scanlators and ik that they r passionate about sharing such series and they take time out of their lives so that we can enjoy them and i also had a look at what exactly is all this scanlation and really ....it's soooo much work ,
so many people needed it kinda hurts when the author blames them but the author is right too cause it's their work, i guess im just biased.

but to all the people who r somehow dragging the team in this, i'd like to point out that litreally all the series that get official translations get dropped like instantaneously , everyone respects the author's wishes and stops like today that series the youngest princess got dropped
nevertheless
*clap clap
im glad that the team respects what the author wants

@Aoife0605 : "i just checked the author's twitter and i mean .......what does she mean her name was replaced with someone else's and they were also demanding a certain price?..... sorry guys i just can't help it about the author ...."

It happened. iirc, someone SOLD the illegal translation in a website, and using wrong information (if I'm not mistaken, the illegal translation was in Chinese language) :(
in the end all of the fan-translators got blamed harshly...

yli

@yellow6000 Oh well, its a book she created to earn her own money. Illegal translation may have made mahuas popular,but her earns on her work is low. There is nothing she needed to understand. Her demand is legal.She has her rights.

wHy. Why is it so hard to understand that the copyright holder asked to stop this?

Users who are viewing this thread