The Dangers in My Heart - Vol. 11 Ch. 146 - I'm Not in the Mood for a Festival

CHII NEW FROM THE START. No, but it would make sense, since she has always shown to not know about romance, it would make sense she noticed from the start, but decided to say nothing in case she was wrong. And maybe she kinda feels hurt by her best friend keeping it a secret.

Also, why does everyone hate paisen???? yes he is vain and a womanizer, but he was cool with Ichikawa and admitted defeat
Yes, I think that apart from the Yamada idol thing, the issue of how Chii feels about Yamada not telling her about her relationship with Ichikawa is an interesting plot.

paisen is a piece of shit every time he appeared he showed that he is not a good person the clearest is when he tried to intimidate ichikawa into giving him yamada's number there are other moments but it shows that he is not a good person neither is he the devil but it's obvious what kind of person he is, the own author makes fun of him xdd

Dex-chan lover
Yes, I think that apart from the Yamada idol thing, the issue of how Chii feels about Yamada not telling her about her relationship with Ichikawa is an interesting plot.

paisen is a piece of shit every time he appeared he showed that he is not a good person the clearest is when he tried to intimidate ichikawa into giving him yamada's number there are other moments but it shows that he is not a good person neither is he the devil but it's obvious what kind of person he is, the own author makes fun of him xdd
IIRC he also faked interest in Chii before just to get close to Yamada, and other girls had to explain that to her, so that's two Yamada's friends he messed with trying to get with her. He might have matured, hopefully, and he wasn't all bad, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy him being humbled, or have the same reaction Nyaa had in this chapter.

Which makes it nicely awkward that he was paired as the leftover with Chii, who treats is as unpleasant penalty. He earned his reputation in Yamada's friendship circle of "ugh, this guy, really? OK, fine, I guess, if we have to". Except for Moe, but she still ditched him anyway.

To those wondering "What's the point of this arc?", I think this is Norio-sensei's way of foreshadowing. Norio-sensei has foreshadowed a lot of times that Anna's career will be the major conflict point in this story. Anna's manager mentioned this when he and Kyo met. Nico Kouda foreshadowed this when she talked about the movie. Norio even drops hints via Kyo's introspective moments. Norio-sensei is setting everything up for that big moment when compromises and decisions have to be made. As many people laud BokuYaba as a one-of-a-kind romance story, Norio-sensei is still following the basic romance formula which usually has the following parts:

1. The Meet Cute
2. Rejecting the feelings (Nah, I'm way out of her league)
3. Starting as friends
4. Getting Closer
5. We're in love and now together
6. There are problems but we work through them
7. Something's in the way now which is bigger than both of us so we have to part ways
8. We miss each other
9. Reunion and Happy Ever After

Believe me, I'm dreading part 7 but if Norio has done her research, this arc will be inevitable. We better prepare our hearts. I do hope Norio will be able to write around that part. She has shown these in mini-arcs throughout the different chapters (such as when Kyo doubted Anna for a moment and didn't come to the library to avoid her). But this is why romance is the most popular genre in novels. Norio might be setting us up for something huge in the future. I hate the thought, honestly. But that's how we derive the most satisfaction out of a story. These two (Anna and Kyo) need to earn that most awaited time skip to their wedding.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Oooh! That's a twist! I guess she seems kinda air headed about this stuff but when you get down to it, no one knows Yamada better than her.

Dex-chan lover
When someone seems really fucking dumb, they're either just really fucking dumb or really fucking smart, no in-between.
In this case I think it's more that she's dense, but has also good instincts when it comes to Yamada. That lets her be both dense and yet sometimes figure stuff out quickly, based mostly on her gut feeling.
For example, look at that page linked from Reddit thread.

Users who are viewing this thread