The Dangers in My Heart - Vol. 4 Ch. 48 - We Walked Slowly

Dex-chan lover
The pacing is good, everything feels natural and not forced, will things keep getting better and better?

She is such a chad.

"Everyone catches his eye. Make him only look at you."

Oh. Yamada is wearing the outfit she bought at the store (prob cuz she wants to look cute for Ishikawa)

Also Ichikawa is walking home with Yamada's scarf. Is that an early Christmas present? Will Ichikawa get a scarf for Yamada then?

Dex-chan lover
I must say, that "Merry Kurismasu" in other version translation is way cuter and more suitable for Japanese people, who are very bad in English, and all the few things they can say - the say it with very bad accent (if you ever go to japan and know english - you can easily get a job as english teacher, bcs situation with english in japan is HORRIBLE). So, I really think, that if Yamada spoke there like Santa, it's way more logical, if she's saying it in English with hell of a accent (but cute). 🤷🏻‍♂️

Aggregator gang
as far as I remember, it's the third time that kyoutarou admits he likes yamada: nurse scene, chocolate scene and this.

Dex-chan lover
How indecent! how scandalous! they are not even married and they are doing the unprotected hand holding!

Sweaty unprotected hand holding!!! in a public train of all places!

@Jmann Kurisumasu is literally what Christmas means in Japanese, not because Yamada was trying to speak English. There are loanwords in Japanese, most of them will have a transcription to make it easier to pronounce for Japanese people. You need to be able to distinguish when people trying to speak English from when people using a loanwords in their own language. In this case, it’s the latter, so it makes perfect sense to translate it as “Christmas”. Translating it as “Kurisumasu” does not make it cuter. It’s an incomplete translation.

Also, saying Japanese people having bad English accent is a very bold statement. There are a lot of Asian country where English is not really a necessary thing in their life. Because of that, people don’t take it seriously even if it’s a mandatory subjects in their schools, and focus more on subjects that allow them to get into a good university. This is why you feel that a lot of Japanese are bad at English and have bad accent, because they didn’t even learn or practice how to pronounce it correctly. However, this is very different for students who want to study abroad and spend their times to study English. I myself am a international student studying in a U.S. university, and I have meet a bunch of Japanese there (not just students, but also lecturers). Their English are extremely good and easy to hear.

Dex-chan lover
@Jmann I'm also of the same opinion, but that's how merry christmas is said in Japan by everyone I think (katakana メリークリスマス), so technically it's correct lol :b

Dex-chan lover
@piporono it's too long to explain, so il try shorten it - obviously japanese who want to study abroad/work in international company - studying english ant can speak well enough. But - and that's what I'm talking about - their english lessons in school (for other 99% population) is so bad, that for you to learn language at the decent lvl - you must search for personal teachers. Basically you can say that almost all of the population dont know english. And that's why easier way to foreigner to earn money there - work as english teacher. And this is not only japan problem - as far as I know - Korean as well - my ex gf was english teacher there. Russian girl at her 21 is teaching students english in korea UNIVERSITY - how does it sounds?) And yeah, i never visited Japan (though I live in the same region) myself (I little bit expensive trip for me for now), but - a lot of my friends was there, few of them are working there for years, and some of them even brought their Japanese friends over my town and I spoke with them a lot. Not SPOKE spoke, bcs they dont know english at all, but through my friend as translator.
And - what I was gonna say - I'm pretty sure when im saying this - they cant speak english and what they can - they speak it with awful accent (cmon, you can even see it in every anime, they cant pronounce "good morning" or something like that, saying "gutta moninga", for christ sake).
Anyway. Just speaking from some experience and my friends experience visited/living in Japan. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Aggregator gang
She might not get to hear him saying the "cute" word, but at least her sneaky plan of a date had gone quite well!

@Jmann Well, what you described is basically what is happening in my country so I understand that perfectly 😂 (I’m from Vietnam btw). And also it’s pretty much overlapping with what I said about Japanese, or even Asian in general.

What I’m trying to say that their accent are fine if they learn it probably. If you want to talk about weird accent in general, I would say something like Indian English speakers. Even though they are fluent in English, it’s still hard for us to understand them due to their accent. Something like that. If you said about people in the country in general, then yes, they are bad because they don’t know how to pronounce, not because of their natural accent.

Still, Kurisumasu is a borrowed word from English, just like terebi (tv), chiketto (ticket), ..., so translating it as Christmas is the way to go.

Dex-chan lover
@piporono
Still, Kurisumasu is a borrowed word from English, just like terebi (tv), chiketto (ticket), ..., so translating it as Christmas is the way to go.
yeah, i know, but the way they pronounce it IRL/anime/movies is exactly like "Kurisumasu". IDK, i know thats nothing wrong with translating it, BUT - imho - Kurisumasu is way more, khm, realistic and atmospheric for me, its like... its like real Japanese girl said it to a Japanese boy 😅👍
Well, what you described is basically what is happening in my country so I understand that perfectly 😂 (I’m from Vietnam btw). And also it’s pretty much overlapping with what I said about Japanese, or even Asian in general.
well yeah, i heard about it, basically about whole Asian region you could say that, but i just described something that im personally aware myself or from people i can trust, not some internet rumors 😅
its pretty sad, when in this time and age there is a lot of countries who are... idk, stagnate in 19 century? it really surprised me, when i learn, that the problem is so big, that they accept anyone, who know english, as a teacher, even if you dont have linguistic degree 😲

Users who are viewing this thread