The Dangers in My Heart

Double-page supporter
You know, this manga is genuinely phenomenal, but if they ever do get together I hope she never ever finds out he pictured him murdering her frequently. Or maybe she'll be into it. It is kinda cool.

Double-page supporter
@whoamiagain i mean we both know he was just thinking some edgy stuff to cover up how he feels inside, classic high school boy thought in manga

Dex-chan lover
I just binge read this after a long time to let it build up chapters and boy was i not dissapointed. Very relatable, very awkward, and very cute.

Dex-chan lover
Omg! I just re-read the earlier chapters and noticed Yamada's skirt was a lot longer than what it currently is. In each chapter to the present her skirt gradually became shorter and shorter. You can even tell by the Volume Covers 1 and 2. Yep, she is definitely trying to seduce our boy.

Contributor
@borderlines Classic case of a manga putting people off in the beginning but getting a WHOLE lot better as it goes on. Also, you're right - one month ago, the rating for this was below an 8. I wish there were charts so we can see how ratings changed over time. I think it's the best way to show how well a manga was recieved.

Dex-chan lover
This is utter trash. 30 chapters and nothing of importance has happened. It goes on forever with 0 development. Deserves a 6 rating.

@assman162 I mean, it makes sense, you know? It's not an isekai, harem manga where the heroine fell in love with the protagonist in a chapter. The progress is what makes it wholesome.

Anyway, those twitter extras are really good.

Dex-chan lover
checked the author's twitter because i took the spoiler warning lightly

holy shit my heart stopped after glancing at the 9 untranslated chapters

@assman162 0 development? I don't think so bud. Read the very first chapters then skip the middle and read the latest chapters. I'll wait until you notice it

Fed-Kun's army
Honestly, this might be one of the few stories where the slow pacing and the main characters' denseness works in the story's favour.

I just reread the entire thing (including the raws) and hoooolyyy shit there is progress. The emotional distance closes so much and to anyone reading these comments I assure you it is satisfying as all hell.

Contributor
@dureremu
I second this. The progress is also usually quite subtle and actually kinda realistic for a couple of middle schoolers. There's a reason as to why this manga's rising in rating with each new chapter. You almost don't realize when they've fallen in love because it was so gradual yet well-built up.

I want there to be an anime adaptation of this. There's quite a lot of subtle expressions and movements that can be missed while you're reading the manga, and those really help to illustrate the story of these dorks hanging out and falling in love. An anime adaptation can sort highlight this stuff and really help people get a better sense of how the characters feel.

Users who are viewing this thread