The Dangers in My Heart

and all the times she softly doms Ichikawa? stuff like that. small things but they've added up

Came here after someone in Komi-san comments suggested this for similar tastes, but rather this Komi-san, this reminds me way more of Dignified Asleep Saeki.

If you're interested, it's finished but still not totally translated in English: https://mangadex.org/title/28834/saeki-san-wa-nemutteru

The extras are canon, some are related to the chapter they came after, others are a "event" said event that happens around the week the normal chapter that is released but there are some not directly connected (Every normal chapter is 1 or 2 days in the week of their life, extras are other moments of days of the same week after that chapter), there are even chapters that seems set more "far" in the continuity of the manga (like months later) were they look more closer, but all are set in the same year of their life.

(The chapters where they're so closed seems to be set around chapters like 43 and later... People in twitter theorized a lot with this, but yeah, same year at least).

@ArisenDresdan Well if you dont like the female MC then there's no point in reading .Everybody have things they enjoy and cant enjoy

My first thoughts of this series is bad because the mc is being shit, but in the following chapters I now enjoy his personality and the romance scenarios

This is beautiful

Dex-chan lover
Someone made a doujin of this cute comic and you can guess what it's theme is.
Fuck Itou Eight, hope that cunt gets ass cancer.

This manga starts off really weird. The girl (Yamada) gave off a really bitchy impression for giving Ichikawa, someone she didn't know that much, her trash. (Chapter 1)

Who the hell just gives an empty bag of chips to someone they're kinda strangers with?

It seemed like the author twisted her to just an awkward and lovable girl but that wasn't the initial plan.

The romance part where the girl starts liking him starts from chapter 25 but before all that, it felt like Yamada was a weird gyaru. If a stranger randomly gives u trash to make you throw it, it'll piss you off. The author though, then decided in the end to just make her an awkward pretty girl.

Just gonna say as well. The simp energy from some manga are weird. Like how they were talking about getting the tissue with Yamada's blood, when she was hit by the basketball.

Or how he sniffer her tracksuit or packaged the candy the girl gave to her.

It's like every single thing a pretty girl used is somehow "magical"

We're horny when we're teenagers but no one's ever that horny and desperate unless it's someone devoid of all female contact for most his life

Dex-chan lover
Man, the first chapter sure leaves a big impression on people, so much that they forget the second chapter or the majority of all other chapters after that.

@tae_ka_pre Way before chapter 25. It's of course become more obvious as the series go on but there are a ton of subtle hints in the early chapters about how Yamada feels toward Ichikawa.

@tae_ka_pre Read carefully.
Yamada gave Ichikawa her trash, simply because she was a simpleton. She didn’t have any malicious intention. “I gave you this, throw it in the bin for me”. Simple as that. Ichikawa literally told the teacher “Yamada is too dumb to understand what you said”, right in front of her nose, without her knowing. And even when they got closer, she still gave him her trash. That’s... just her kind of humor.
Yamada was always an awkward pretty girl, right from the start. Like when Nanpai asked for her Line, or when she PR her mag, or when she gave Ichikawa medicine. Even in the first chapter, she got flustered when Ichikawa saw her eating. It’s just much more obvious later, when they are closer.
Also, he got the tissue with blood because that “was” his fetish. And after sniffing her tracksuit, he realized that “it’s just the smell of sweat”, he just forced himself to think it’s like flower (lol). It’s not magical or anything to him.
He was real desparated tho. Pretty obvious that the only contact with female he had was with his family. He didn’t even have a single actual MALE friend, mind you.

Reading the comment section from the first chapters and comments like @tae_ka_pre has got me thinking:
Has there ever been manga like bokuyaba where the beginning turned people off so hard?

People can't seem to let go of their first impressions of the MCs, which is a shame because Ichikawa and Yamada's character growth from total strangers to being a couple is the strongest part of the manga for me.

@coolcheesedwhiz You might not believe this, but Berserk was (lol). Many people think that the Black Swordman Arc was “too edgy”.
Same applied to your avatar. “Too dark”, “Too edgy”.
People can judge real quick kek.

@coolcheesedwhiz
@DRANTO
@piporono the problem is that if YOU were given trash by some stranger, even if she was pretty, what do you think?

You'd think 'what the hell?' Why is this douche trying to make me throw it to the trash for her ESPECIALLY since we're not even close?

I agree you shouldn't judge from the first chapter. There are many manga like that. Ueno-san was one of those mangas that turned me away because of the first chapter, but I realized it was kinda funny so I stuck with it.

The way she kinda glared at MC from the start already gave people a bad impression of this. I get it though, she doesn't like boys that much.

Throughout the series as well, it wasn't hinted before chapter 24 that she was starting to like him, she just thought he was 'funny'. He wasn't directly helping her anyways, just subtle helping. I think that was fine, since he's just basically a small, weak loner.

I really thought this series would end up with a little dude having a crush on that really pretty girl for no reason but the fact that she was pretty, then she'll just think he's funny while he chases after her.

Because that was her 'humor'? I get i, I read through the series, but her humor should be done NOT to people she's NOT close with.

I thought this was some masochist fantasy like that manga about living next to the idol she likes, or Nagatoro

Right now, the series is kinda fine, but again, the start really dictated that she was kind of a bitch.

It would be fine if it started somehow like the MC helping her and her thinking he's 'funny' somehow like that.

I am sorry if I sounded rude, but the first few chapters reminded me of anime like Naruto where he kept chasing after Sakura while she was madly in love with Sasuke, or that manga where the MC's love fell in love with his bestfriend and he had to help her. One-sided love is kinda melancholic and hurtful, and seeing that he was in love with a girl who messed with him was kinda irritating.

I did learn that she wasn't a bad person the next few chapters, but the thing she did is not something you should ever do to someone you're not close with

@tae_ka_pre
haha bro relax, I'm not attacking you for your opinion. I'm only saying that people really overemphasize how important the first chapter was, which you've clearly demonstrated. I do agree Yamada and Ichikawa can be off-putting in the first chapter tho.

@tae_ka_pre “ if YOU were given trash by some stranger, even if she was pretty, what do you think?”
The point is, they are not strangers. They are classmates, even if they are not close. And they did have interaction right before that. You said it like they were meeting for the first time, and she just throw her trash into his face.
And classmates asking me to do thing like taking trash out is pretty normal. The unfamiliar one, I meant. No need to put me in that situation lol.
You took the whole trashy thing way too seriously. The author probably meant “after their first interaction, now Yamada is comfortable enough to ask Ichikawa to do things”. And that’s it. Don’t forget after this, she’s still very reluctant to boys. Which means she actually acknowledged Ichikawa as someone she can rely on.
Overthinking isn’t good, please don’t do that.

Users who are viewing this thread