The Dangers in My Heart

@pandas2017 They aren't really dating and there hasn't been a confession yet. There isn't really an official label but they both have some understanding that there's something between them

This manga is so sweet, but it gets a little weird when they’re supposed to be in middle school?

Compared to the 65 main chapters of this manga, there are literally double the number of extra chapters.

Jesus fucking christ.

Dex-chan lover
I hope we get the story up till they are in high school, college and then marriage.... instead of immediately ending when they get together.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like Ichikawa's favorite game series is probably DOOM.

The Japanese is more ambiguous here, it could be interpreted as "they will?" or "you will?".
The translators have a tough job.

Dex-chan lover
Genuine question for anybody interested in sharing their opinion:
How do you feel about a mangaka changing their artstyle in the frame between releasing their first and their most recent chapter of the same series?

Like, in this one if you go back to the first chapter the art feels very different from how it looks now. I know there are people who have difficulties with such changes, but I've never felt like that myself. Usually the change in art comes along with the feeling of the art becoming more 'natural'. Like the mangaka is getting more accustomed to drawing the series and realizes all the small details they can simplify to draw quicker and more efficiently. So far I've mostly enjoyed that process and wasn't too bothered by it.

Even the 'sektch'-like chapters of HunterxHunter have never bothered me too much.

How do you feel when it comes to this series? Have there been any other especially good/bad expireinces you've had with artstyle changes in any other series?

@Frozeneye
The mangaka is a woman, there's no need for gender neutral pronouns.
So far, the change in artstyle doesn't bother me in the slightest. The earlier art was reminiscent of Mitsudomoe and Rororo being that it fitted more the comedy side of the manga. It has evolved now into a more elegant artstyle which highlights the romance aspect of the story and the characters' inner feelings.

Dex-chan lover
@Ataru
Yeah, I know the mangaka of this series is a woman. I used gender neutral pronouns while talking about mangakas in general.

I can mostly agree with that assessment. I also feel like the simplified versions of the characters have become more streamlined. Like when they're drawn in smaller panels or from far away. I really love that process when mangakas iterate on how they draw their characters from different angles and in different sizes.

On Komi-san some people mentioned that they felt like the art has dropped in quality since the first chapters. I can understand that the characters became less detailed and more stylized, but I can't feel like that's the same as loosing quality.

I really never thought a style change going hand in hand with the tone or genre of a manga shifting. I guess it makes sense as different art styles can help with supporting the most prominent theme of the manga. The most prominent example I can think of is probably the art style change in Ketekyo Hitman Reborn from early comedy to later shounen.

this is probably one of the best slow-burn romance manga I've ever read and I wish I could erase my memory to read it again

I dropped this because it skeeved me out at a certain point (it’s pretty explicitly horny what with the underwear scenes and stuff and they’re _children_... I know they’re human, but sometimes it’s ok to put stuff off-screen. I have a kid).
But it’s really confusing to see almost entirely bonus chapters in the Updates feed, it seems.
It’s like it has 2 chapters a volume, or something.

I did like the story itself.

Who was that guy in the latest non extra chapter? The one who said go for it? I’ve forgotten. Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread