The Day I Decided to Make My Cheeky Gyaru Sister Understand in My Own Way - Ch. 2 - 1st Day

Dex-chan lover
I don't understand why people who MTL or are ESL won't even get someone to proof-read before publishing.

When you see niche manga dropped for months, years without anyone giving a damn, you appreciate anyone who tries to make it accessible. So I'm thankful to the first one just for bringing awareness.

They probably dont know where to ask, or ask to empty replies. It's the same metaphor as asking for help on the side of the road vs. Pushing a car yourself. There's just something about seeing effort that makes people come up to help. Or to nitpick lol.

Dex-chan lover
dude ive seen multiple people on this website say weird shit. this one tl in the credits page said "fuck your sister," or something of that manner. Do you think that these types of people are voluntarily celibate ?
I don’t think that sexual fetishes, even the strangest ones, make a person an incel. It doesn't work that way.
I can't agree. If you are a lurker who just wants to grab shit and dip without caring about who or what you read comes from, then sure it works. You don't care anyway.

If you like discussing stuff or figuring out how to support the author it just adds a bunch of drama that has nothing to do with the story itself. Now we have 2 translations, one dropped, and the other causing a bunch of shit to go on in comments. On top of the whole split timeline thing that no one explained so misinformation is spreading about.

Like the art but I'm out. Plenty of fish in the sea so I don't need to stay around this drama.
The older I get, the more I understand the value of walking away from a controversial or potentially controversial discussion to save my nerves and emotional state. If I had realized and been able to do this 5-10 years ago, my youth would have been much happier.

Re: the translation. Every 'lol' included in a bubble has an equivalent 'w' in the raw, which the author put in purposefully. The excessive amount and context point to it being 'lol' and not 'haha'.
Yes, it looks weird. Yes, it's meant to look weird.
Deciding not to translate it could be a legitimate choice, but you should understand that it is YOUR creative decision, one which is NOT reflective of the author's original intention.

The 'lol's are more true to source, and this translation was not a shitpost.
As always with translations, there's always the fight between accurate translation and cultural translation (and also 4kids/Crunchyroll/Yen Press "sensitivity" translations, bleh). I am thankful for this translation over the more accurate translation because lol, lmao, and such are barely used at all in American culture now. Anyone using lol in a public forum unironically just seems odd.

Just go to any English youtube video and look in the comments, barely any lols. Go over to a Japanese video and it seems like half the comments are along the lines of "Cool video wwwwwwwwwww".

Dex-chan lover
The older I get, the more I understand the value of walking away from a controversial or potentially controversial discussion to save my nerves and emotional state. If I had realized and been able to do this 5-10 years ago, my youth would have been much happier.
It comes with age. I'm still not perfect but I was very much that angry redditor 10 years ago ranting about all kinds of stuff that ultimately didn't really matter to me.

Dex-chan lover
As always with translations, there's always the fight between accurate translation and cultural translation (and also 4kids/Crunchyroll/Yen Press "sensitivity" translations, bleh). I am thankful for this translation over the more accurate translation because lol, lmao, and such are barely used at all in American culture now. Anyone using lol in a public forum unironically just seems odd.

The scene is not online, but in person, so online culture means nothing. There are also till a ton of English speaking people who use lol in everyday life. Pictured are people who will use w in real life, excessively, unironically - they are deliberately portrayed as weird and creepy. We need to express that in some way, and the in-person use of lol is not a bad way of doing so. 'haha' is not bad either, as noting it deliberately gives off the same effect.

However, to NOT have anything is not good. It is neither more accurate, nor a more cultural translation. It is just ignoring a deliberate creative decision by the author.

It should be noted that this is a creative decision by the translator, not reflective of the creative decisions of the author and certainly NOT accurate or good cultural translation.

My personal view is the more accurate translation is better. Reaching too far culturally is 'rice balls = donuts' territory. We are reading Japanese media, it is FAR more interesting to begin feeling and learning the nuances. Part of the reason I have learnt Japanese is that the raws have so much more nuance than is possible from most translations.

Group Leader
Not blood related hmm...
I know what going on in future 😁

Dex-chan lover
As always with translations, there's always the fight between accurate translation and cultural translation (and also 4kids/Crunchyroll/Yen Press "sensitivity" translations, bleh)
Wait, Yen Press does this junk, too? You sure you're not thinking about Seven Seas? Because I've seen many a Yen Press-translated tankoubon with translation notes, which-- at the least-- you absolutely won't get from translators and adapters who alter the work to fit some sociopolitical sensibility.

Banned
dude ive seen multiple people on this website say weird shit. this one tl in the credits page said "fuck your sister," or something of that manner. Do you think that these types of people are voluntarily celibate ?
JmS3WzD.gif

the funny part is that, this series already have r-18 variant already with the brother, not sure why people would make things up

even now, i'm still confused why this title got the Sexual Violence tag when there's nothing hinting about it to be that kind of story at all
I know already, those desperate people will do anything to see a naked body

Just read the hentai version of this, the sister got raped and gangbanged at the end

That's honestly the only way things would make sense. The sister shows no signs she was sexually assaulted, and if she was really drinking with a bunch of shady dudebros to the point she blacked out, there's no way they wouldn't have a ran a train on her. And there's no way she would've been waking up inside her home on the front step(with all her clothes completely intact as well). Couple that with the whole theme of the story making the sister "understand" and the text bubble on the last page, then yea seems like the brother is fully aware and setting her up to scare her away from being a rebellious gyaru.
MAN did this post age poorly.

Just read the hentai version of this, the sister got raped and gangbanged at the end
You literally can't rape the willing. I don't know how you got "Rape" when she's participating, loving every second, and begging for more. This is an NTR story.

You literally can't rape the willing. I don't know how you got "Rape" when she's participating, loving every second, and begging for more. This is an NTR story.

rape​

1 of 4

noun (1)

ˈrāp

Synonyms of rape
: unlawful sexual activity and usually sexual intercourse carried out forcibly or under threat of injury against a person's will or with a person who is beneath a certain age or incapable of valid consent because of mental illness, mental deficiency, intoxication, unconsciousness, or deception.

It was rape.

Users who are viewing this thread