The Demon King Who Lost His Job

Fed-Kun's army
@djasindra OK?

@hotgirlshi A wise man once said, opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one. In my opinion, this is garbage. Of course, as sero_in_hiragana had mentioned above, that may simply be due to a horrible translator getting their hands on this. If someone actually did a good job of translating it I'd be more than happy to change my opinion if it deserves it.
Anyway, I'm not going to poo poo on you because you like it. You have your opinion. I have mine.

@Gravewind No shit shirlock. Yes, we have our own opinions. I just wanted to say I disagree with you. I didn't expect you to "poo poo" on me because I like it, otherwise that would be childish. I just didn't want anyone to judge this based on how you judged it because you said it like it was a fact.

Dex-chan lover
@Gravewind Might as well stick to Korean/Japanese stories because most of the Chinese stuff is atrocious. This is one of the okay-ish ones.

Fed-Kun's army
@rin2k That's actually what I mostly read. There are a few Chinese stories I really like so I've been trying more and more of them. This one was one of the stinkers for me. If the genius above that uses terms like "no shit sherlock" likes it that's fine. You do you.

I really don't understand why people get stuck and nitpick. I literally couldn't care less about the translator's fuck ups. Last time around I read it, the only thing that stuck with me about this one, was that it was a very sweet adventure rom/com. As long as there is some semblance of reason and flow, why bust your own balls and break your own immersion by focusing on pointless and fairly obvious stuff like translation fuck ups. If you, by context, get what it was supposed to say there, w/e, in most cases it won't even register in your own brain.

Now this is everything bad about Chinese manhua exemplified. The characters are one dimensional and very unlikable, just like most Chinese manhua characters. The writing is lazy and uninspired, taking tropes from other works and just shoving them in without much thought. And the "humor" this thing has is just reusing old anime jokes such as making fun of a girl's lack of breasts. It's not funny and it never was funny. This whole thing feels like someone who read Japanese and Korean works from 8 years ago and tried to make a story using bad jokes borrowed from them. This isn't unique to this work, but i just happened to read this because the rating wasn't as bad as the others. That turned out to be a mistake. I'm irrationally annoyed and I might occasionally open this up as a form of self flagellation.

Also I can be as harsh as I want to Chinese works because I'm Chinese. Fuck off. Make better shit

@spookyblast I have the exact same sentiments as you. I couldn't quite pinpoint why I was so consistently disappointed in Chinese manhwas and you've pointed it out perfectly. I keep hoping to find a decent one for the same reasons as you, but smh they are so garbage!

Although this may be utter trash by normal standards, I consider one of the upper echelons of Chinese manhua-not TODG, Martial Peak, or Apotheosis but definitely above RUIC or most post-apocalyptic manhua(save for a few). I mean, I honestly can't find any good comedy Chinese manhuas, because for instance most of them are cultivation with 45% jokes about sex and a cock being....the cock, cultivation with 65% facefaulting and of the like. Most of them the author just goes fuck it and there is no visible plot-for example some comedy 'cultivation' turns into super tech war that's not actually war but the normie protagonist turns out be a military genius that does nothing and still somehow curbstomps the other technologically superior political opponents with thousands of times more battle experience than the protagonist, what the fuck? I can't even tell what the hell that was going, but at least I can tell this manhua is about overpowered blond dipshit eventually getting together with what a hot chick would be if she had tits. No tits. I don't give a fuck about overused jokes, because to me they still have a tad part of humor in them, albeit miniscule, they actually still have it. Oh, and did I mention some zombie apocalypse chinese manhua where the MC is some siscon that actually from another world and just happened to save her because 'she was in phone and phone said she is sister'? No shit, he sisconned the entire story. Pretty sure either all translators dropped it, or the author just looked at his work and was so ashamed he stuffed the story up his ass and continuing chapters disappeared for all eternity.

Also I can be as harsh as I want to Chinese works because I'm Taiwanese. Fuck off. Make better shit

Users who are viewing this thread