The Diary of a Middle-Aged Teacher's Carefree Life in Another World - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - Ossan Becomes a Freeloader

Dex-chan lover
My first thoughts when I saw the city was how the defenses were lacking. Also, why have a large flat area right up against the city walls when you have a moat? Build the walls to the moat. Not to mention there are no machicolations on the walls and I would barely call that a gate house. And why no drawbridge? How this city was never sacked I have no idea

Dex-chan lover
@aFFi

Spas in Germany have been a tradition since Roman times and all towns starting with the title “Bad” (which mean ‘bath’ or ‘bathe’) are officially classified as a spa town or health resort. There are 350 quality-certified health resorts and spas. Spa towns can be found throughout the country and include everything from mineral spas, mud spas, seaside spas, special climate conditions, physiotherapy or rehabilitation.

Though I will grant you that the Japanese have a perplexingly picky bath etiquette. But the Japanese have a perplexingly picky etiquette for everything else, so why not baths too?

Thanks for the chapter
My first thoughts when I also saw the city was `Why do the walls look like they were either broken or just full of moss`
Also is someone really proof reading this? I was seeing some text that did not make any sense and I had to read those twice to understand what they meant.
Well it only happened like 3-4 times in this chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Don't listen to these guys, both the typesetting and the grammar are still beyond atrocious.

Supporter
I must be an uncivilized barbarian because I didn't even notice a typesetting issue and didn't care about the grammar and spelling errors. I found it impressive to be able to do this work for free with making it pretty easy to read. But it's probably because I've been reading scanlations for almost 20 years now. Now some of those back then were very poorly done, but I still read them happily. Everything has improved so much since then that all scanlations done these days look beautiful to me, even though others may be bothered by flaws. Keep up the good work. You guys are doing great!

Power Uploader
In Japan, taking a bath is somewhat of a luxury, because heating water is expensive. Most of the time, they only take showers. If there's a bath in the house (usually a small tub), multiple persons in the family go bath in succession, using the same water, which becomes colder as time passes. Usually, the first person to use the bath is the privileged one in the family, either the father in normal circumstances, or the guest, if there is one, to show hospitality. That's why you're supposed to wash first before entering the bath: so you leave relatively clean water for the next person. The hot bath is for relaxing, not for washing.

Public baths are another story. That people would wash themselves before entering public bath is common sense. Only Japanese think it's common sense for private baths.

But Japanese people are incredibly proud of their culture. It's not surprising the author is gloating about "superior/common sense" Japanese culture

for those who said the translate is bad i ll gladly send them PSD files if they want to help fixing it
by the way English is my third language so maybe that's way the English is bad and i m working in this series alone just me for 24 hours for chapter try to imagine how hard it can get by trying to extract japanese from bubles with the help of some programs and then use google translates for every single sentence and you go to the translated web novel to see if the translation is right or not
and when done translating you fight again with cleaning the raws and type sitting so thank you for your support

Users who are viewing this thread