The Dreaming Boy Is a Realist - Ch. 32 - A sense of liberation and then...

Dex-chan lover
You people can't be serious. THIS MANGA IS NOT MASAMUNEKUN'S REVENGE. HE DOESN'T HATE HER, AND SHE DOESNT HATE HIM. THEY BOTH LIKED EACH OTHER FROM THE BEGGINING BUT HE ACTED LIKE A CREEPY WEIRDO

Now that he's acting like a normal person she can finally understand her own feelings and realize that she likes him back, what a shocker

holy shit, yall talk shit about natsukawa but 100% of you would do the same exact same as her if you were in her shoes
If she liked him from the beginning then she wouldn't really find what he was doing creepy.

A lot of behaviour that we find weird or creepy when someone we don't like doing it gets brushed off when someone we do like does it. No one has a problem with her hating him or disliking his actions too much, we hate that she can't make up her mind.

When he asked her out sincerely in her own words and rejected him she should understand that she has no right to continue to try and talk with him/ be involved with him and esp when she gets jealous when he talks to someone else.

Dex-chan lover
"Teens acting like teens"

The girl rejected him from the start, the boy decided to keep her at a distance. Probably the most realistic thing he did despite still liking her.

Real life teens would stay away after getting rejected like that, rejection hurts like hell especially considering he chased the girl for a long time

You really think them being a teenager is a good enough excuse? Even after all this realization bullshit, she's still not saying sorry for all the hurtful things she said to him.
Of course, I have a queue of about a dozen people from my teen years who have said the absolute worst things to me and never apologized, also I'm pretty sure that at least some of them regret it but pretend it never happened because of how incredibly awkward it would be.

Also I think you have a little gap of over two years between "She rejected him from the start" and "he decided to keep his distance" and it's filled with borderline stalker stuff that could have caused any other girl (including all the other alternatives wataru supposedly has now) to hate him and label him as creepy.

In fact... Now that I think about it, aika probably has some form of Stockholm syndrome at this point

Double-page supporter
i think ending like anime version hmmmm feels different
in the previous chapter fmc dont like too closed to mc but in the next2 story she relized she love him XD it would be pain for fmc if mc have someone who love him or maybe rival fmc

Dex-chan lover
I see what you mean, but the polarizing factor here it's what's batshit insane... I mean, teens that act... Like teens. (basically not knowing how to say they like each other or being to clingy, going to the other extreme)

Omg how does she dare not reciprocate immediately his feelings? doesn't she know he's perfect and is suffering? Omg who does that girl thinks she is? A flawed human teen perhaps? Mc should pic any of the "one note" placeholder girls the author put just to advance the plot (except for Kei, Kei is awesome) and stay with them instead of the girl who clearly doesn't deserve him!!!!
I'm not sure the beef with Aika is because of her feelings, exactly. It's more the fact that after constantly and vehemently rejecting MC -who deserved it if you ask me- she becomes the shyest, most wishy-washy character possible in regard to even being friendly, even as her feelings for him are clearly and increasingly positive. It doesn't give the impression of a flawed human, more like a character who's development is being deliberately stalled.

BTW we'll agree to disagree about Kei

Contributor
"W-why can't I just tell him..."
I'm wondering about that, too. It's starting to look real artificial and forced.

W: "Why do you want to know so badly?"
A: "I-I don't know..."
Good grief. Please. Your words and actions have never truly lined up. What is this, I don't even...

I'm starting to dislike how it's Wataru again who seemingly has to do something. Aika may have realized a lot of things and felt very guilty about it, but without her taking action and saying things herself through proper communication she may as well not have grown one bit from the start. I still do want to see progress between them, but not like this. It's not very satisfying for me. Aika has not grown at all, because at the end of the day without applying any of the lessons she's learned, it's just all in her head.

Fed-Kun's army
In a vote for the most hated heroines in the last 10 years she will probably reach the top spot

Supporter
I'm wondering about that, too. It's starting to look real artificial and forced.

Good grief. Please. Your words and actions have never truly lined up. What is this, I don't even...

I'm starting to dislike how it's Wataru again who seemingly has to do something. Aika may have realized a lot of things and felt very guilty about it, but without her taking action and saying things herself through proper communication she may as well not have grown one bit from the start. I still do want to see progress between them, but not like this. It's not very satisfying for me. Aika has not grown at all, because at the end of the day without applying any of the lessons she's learned, it's just all in her head.
I get the reasoning at this point of the story: she feels that she's lost the right to be happy after figuring everything out so late in the day (especially after all the pain she unintentionally inflicted along the way). And, given how passive she became about everything not related to holding her family together, taking action in her own life is a completely unfamiliar concept to her.

But that can only go on for so long.

After the stuff that goes down in the latter third of volume seven, I was anxious to have someone (read: "Kei") take Aika aside and tell her straight up, he's told you exactly how he feels a thousand times, you can do it once.

Nobody does that.

Dex-chan lover
You people can't be serious. THIS MANGA IS NOT MASAMUNEKUN'S REVENGE. HE DOESN'T HATE HER, AND SHE DOESNT HATE HIM. THEY BOTH LIKED EACH OTHER FROM THE BEGGINING BUT HE ACTED LIKE A CREEPY WEIRDO

Now that he's acting like a normal person she can finally understand her own feelings and realize that she likes him back, what a shocker

holy shit, yall talk shit about natsukawa but 100% of you would do the same exact same as her if you were in her shoes
No we wouldn't, YOU would

I have an extremely minor gripe that probably nobody else cares about (or noticed). Why the hell do the student council room's doors open outward into the hallway. That's just asking for accidents/injuries. It seems to be a fairly busy hallway; it's dangerous to have doors oriented that way.

Dex-chan lover
Wait a goddamn minute... This is the second to last chapter? Axed? Rushed? The heck?

Group Leader
I hate that he keeps idolizing her like that!
Honestly, Natsukawa hasn't done anything to win me over, she just treats him poorly, then goes running to him to have him comfort her!

Leave Wataru alone, all you do is whine in your monologues and seek validation from others!

Group Leader
I have an extremely minor gripe that probably nobody else cares about (or noticed). Why the hell do the student council room's doors open outward into the hallway. That's just asking for accidents/injuries. It seems to be a fairly busy hallway; it's dangerous to have doors oriented that way.
That's just how doors are designed in Japan. Instead of taking up the space inside the room, the doors are made to open outwards, towards corridors or the outside, where the space they take wouldn't be used for anything else anyways.

Since the entire country is built like that, people already take care around doors and when opening them. But Toriyama-sensei did make a gag about that when Chi-chi opened the door and slammed Kuririn in the head during the Androids Saga.

Group Leader

Natsukawa keeps shoving the responsibility of sorting her feelings out onto Wataru, and the sister who has no idea what is going on keeps pushing for them to be together.

I'm not going to be as critical of the sister as others are, she is making mistakes because she doesn't have any of the information we have and just believes she's genuinely giving Wataru a helping hand, but Natsukawa gets no leeway from me, she is the one with all the information but refuses to communicate properly despite witnessing how much her lack of communication is tearing them apart and realizing it's her fault, yet she refuses to change and continues to seek validation from the guy she spent years rejecting!

According to LN readers in the anime comments section, the continuation from where the anime ended was just exactly what we had seen in the anime going for several volumes without any major changes. Given the manga's flow, it seems to be an accurate description, Natsukawa doesn't change whatsoever, and she doesn't let Wataru get over her nor tries to do anything for them to end up together!

As others have pointed out, every single girl is a better option than Natsukawa!

Users who are viewing this thread