Yumemiru Danshi wa Genjitsushugisha

soo much potential wasted, the characters are overly dense, and the english traslation is getting worse every chapter to the point its unreadable after ch12

Fed-Kun's army
BEWARE OF SPOILERS
There's too much hate on the characters, while I believe the issue is the story itself. The trope of "will they, won't they", tsundere FMC, MC who pretends he doesn't hear things and distances himself (making him look quite smart, while at the same time being unable to understand FMC feelings, are overused to the point of exhaustion. The fact that his self worth was damaged by his family could save the plot a little bit, but it wasn't established early enough in the plot, making it seem as if it was thrown into the mix to make the story make sense. All in all, I feel sad that a "girl rejects boy but actually like him" story with the twist of the guy making some distance fails to hit the mark, so much wasted potential

Never commented on one these but this one pissed me off. Im not really pressed about the broken English BUT it definitely did not help 😂 Also WHY DID YALL SQUEEZE 15 CHAPTERS INTO 3 EPISODES

Dex-chan lover
Watching the anime now up to episode 6 and honestly, I won't even touch this manga or the LN until I see how the anime plays out, already seeing the frustration of so many women being toxic to MC, especially the FMC until he decided to butt out. So far he's working in the used bookstore and the college student onee-san whose little brother the MC saved from older bullies is like the saint out of everyone else there. I want to see more of her, and I'm staying for her only, but I'm sure FMC will still 'win' in the end, as agonizing as that sounds, but I'm curious to know how bad it takes to see that happen and how badly it does it to do so.

EDIT: Back after watching episode 7, finding out that same college student is actually much younger than she looks. Truly, this series is just full of disappointments. T.T

Last edited:
MD@Home
Yesiirrr, already has 7 episodes and they still coming out, however the manga is behind the anime like the latest chapter already has been animated plus another 2 that are not here
ID trans has caught up to chapter 27, sadly EN trans is left behind. I will wait till anime pass current manga chapter. Anime has different pace also serving what not available in manga. For ep 7 there is lovely date with sasaki san, turning out he find she is junior high scholl sooner than manga.

Dex-chan lover
There's a manga out there that fills me with all kinds of dread, disgust and horror. Even a while later, I find myself spontaneously thinking about the parallels in our own reality, and the implications, the mundane nature of even the most extreme evil, and so on. It's Gantz, and I love it.

I feel the same things when reading this, sans the love. I know I'm not the target audience, and I know that the thing is widely enjoyed (published and turned into a manga, an anime adaptation), so they've gotta be doing something right. But still, right from the get-go, there's so much that rubs me the wrong way.

• Post-no clarity ruined. The dude stopped his long-time and quite intense harrassment, and people got openly worried whether something's wrong with him.
  • Stockholm Syndrome and "I don't know why I'm behaving this way but fuck it, who has 5 minutes to think it over or to talk about it with a friend". The FMC didn't let go of him, becoming restless and even aggressive when deprived of the rountine of getting his clumsy attention and openly demeaning him.
  • MC shouldn't get his own space to readjust and maybe cultivate a healthier, non-toxic relationships with reasonable boundaries, 'cause people surrounding him gently shove him into stuff while making it all about them, or what someone else is feeling.

i feel like there's probably some nuance in this manga that is getting lost in translation. seriously, a lot of lines make no sense and seem blatantly machine tl'd

Supporter
i feel like there's probably some nuance in this manga that is getting lost in translation. seriously, a lot of lines make no sense and seem blatantly machine tl'd
The manga is compressing the LN more heavily than similar adaptations have, so there's some story leakage. Not as awful as what's happening in the anime, but enough that reading the original (even in WN form) is advisable.

I’m gonna keep reading for a while longer, despite how frustrating it is. That said, can anyone recommend some similar manga that stick to the original premise of this one? I’m looking for something where the MC smartens up and stops pursuing his love interest, and actually moves in to someone that is interested.

Dex-chan lover
Alot of hate for the series. Now to insert my two cents.

Yeah it's not that great.

Gave me the biggest unintended whiplash with its characters.
Chapter 1.1 I thought the MC and heroine were friends. You know, the "one sided confessing, but girl still cares about him" trope thing that some manga just do because its cute or something. Especially with how everyone around them was so "ah yeah. This is normal."
A couple chapters later and its revealed heroine was momentarily happy with MCs annoying advances halting, and that she genuinely didn't like being viewed as a "couple."

Wait so... MC actually was just being pretty creepy about it. And she was pulling a tsundere blush thing on him? Bwuh. Furthermore she personally went to his house because he started acting differently. So she does actually care. But then admits later he was annoying and didn't like it? Look I already hate tsundere tropes. But this was super confusing.

The plot is okay, what infuriates me is the MC himself

Her crush, her sister, and the others are all okay

However the mindset of the main character is annoying, he doesn't understand that his self deprecating nature hurts others. He puts Natsukawa on a pedestal, claiming he is a fan and all of this happened because a soccer ball almost hit him which is pretty lame for a character to change like that.

The time where he is together with his sister and the council members, he makes a passing comment of he is such a loser and mentioning about her mother along with her sister something about what they told him in front of them. He isn't aware that he made her sister look bad, it's those type of people that are annoying.

That time too when Natsukawa simply said that she won't let her sister go near to someone like him. Now understand that she didn't mean it seriously, it wad like a joke but what did the MC do? He just agrees with that comment about that and walked away, does he not realize that it made Natsukawa look bad? How he justifies his actions of "knowing his place" is annoying, knowing his boundaries and etc are lousy excuses.

How he treats people is that he assumes the worst of them, make a self deprecating comment and act he is right yet he doesn't understand the effect it causes.
We are slowly seeing people like the council president and the tomboy friend of Natsukawa to enlighten our MC here but this MC is too narrow-minded and fixed with his laughable pathethic excuse of a mindset.

He reminds me of Hachiman except Hachiman is more understandable and his reasons are more believable and how he changed throughout the series is good. The problem with our MC is given too much power of his role on his story to look like he's right. Some people thinks that Natsukawa is a bitch and the other characters are bad but personally, i don't think they are bad characters.

The MC is just stupid with a stupid kind of self awareness with stupid kind of handling it and showing it to other people.
Ball didn't even hit him. Hard to take your criticism seriously when you missed even the very basic facts.

Just my two cents here. I am really glad that this is continued to be translated to English. (Thanks a ton much love) I understand the fact the MC is kinda unlikable (right now). But the cast around him is soooo good. His sister #1, the disciplinary committee top tier, boys in the student council cheers to them for being good people. Its is cast around him makes me want to love him too. So I'll stick around to see if the MC becomes better because of those around him.

Side note. Honestly it isn't about the soccer ball not hitting him. It's the fact that he is a good person and works hard for his goals, but all his hard work hasn't been notice. Good grades, changed looks, hard work, etc. I relate to the mc because who doesn't work hard and wishes they were appreciated more?

Just my two cents here. I am really glad that this is continued to be translated to English. (Thanks a ton much love) I understand the fact the MC is kinda unlikable (right now). But the cast around him is soooo good. His sister #1, the disciplinary committee top tier, boys in the student council cheers to them for being good people. Its is cast around him makes me want to love him too. So I'll stick around to see if the MC becomes better because of those around him.

Side note. Honestly it isn't about the soccer ball not hitting him. It's the fact that he is a good person and works hard for his goals, but all his hard work hasn't been notice. Good grades, changed looks, hard work, etc. I relate to the mc because who doesn't work hard and wishes they were appreciated more?
Note, I don't think I like the main girl though. Hope he doesn't end up with her. In the latest chapter it is because of loneliness? No, it is selfishness.

Last edited:
Ngl this whole manga is a pain in the ass to read man
It’s too painful to read to the point where I want to coming in and punch the FMC in the face

Dex-chan lover
This needs some serious QC. From time to time TL makes no sense... It's not unreadable, just confusing.

I get what the author was going for with this series, and there does seem to be some effort in executing it; however, the execution falls flat for the most part, and the mc comes off as a soyboy loser rather than a guy trying to move on and the fmc as an attention whore rather than a jealous tsundere, and tbh her whole character is kind of unlikeable, none of the characters really are likeable

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread