The Duchess' 50 Tea Recipes - Ch. 20

Dex-chan lover
@ArpanaR: "the maid who stood up for cloe is probably the same Kitchen maid that was randomly choosen as the scrape-goat, she tested her mistress, The Duchess, quite a few times before reaching the verdict, so she could confidently say it "the duchess has changed"
Not only probably, it IS her. I made sure to check her hairdo with the previous chapters before posting my comment in first place. That's why I can't believe she did stood up for her. I wouldn't have been able to do that in her place.

Psychronia:"I guess, when your fragile ego is built on the fact that you're better than someone, you sorta lose all grip on reality once that dynamic is broken."
Wow. I didn't saw it that way, but that gives a wonderfully deep explanation, why she went that bats.

@pocky8 she will get kicked out at chapter 37

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Fed-Kun's army
The only way to save head maid is to bind her to a chair and make her drink tea till she changes.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly the head maid is a psycho, and we already knew that. NOthing new under the sun

But the butler is an asshole piece of shit, and I'm a bit surprised. Like, majorly a piece of shit. Like, the worst piece of shit in this manga.

He only respects those worthy of respect? That means he basically does not respect most people.
He lets people harass his employer's wife. Really? How about doing your job?
He always smile at people and thinks they're trash? Wow how nice.
He knew the kitchen maid was innocent and still had her whipped? Really? There was literally no need for that.
Where did this asshole come from?

Dex-chan lover
@ZeroR3 The only way to save head maid is to bind her to a chair and make her drink tea till she drowns.

Yikes.

The duke's household has more issues than we thought we knew.

Other than the maids and workers there bullying or treating the old Chloe with no respect before, I am more surprised at how bad the butler's personality has.

I do get the idea that everyone deserves a second chance in redeeming themselves. That's why MC did her best to show the maids and workers that she changed for the better.

However, I'm also human and seeing the hypocrisy of most characters here in the webtoon kinda made me uncomfortable, especially the butler.

Really yikes.

Maybe if people helped the previous duchess get better/be more confident she wouldn't have resorted to blaming that maid toh. She was still wrong but honestly, everyone is a piece of shit in that house. The maids, the head maid, the butler, the lord. Especially the butler since it's kinda his job assist the lord/lady. Even if he didn't care/respect the lady he should have helped her get better if only for the lord's sake

I liked the butler but this revelation... I don’t think it’s his place to judge his employer to that extent, nevermind his complete bystander attitude towards everyone else. By his own standards he shouldn’t be considered a butler worthy of respect for letting that kind of environment exist and grow in the Duke’s house.

Wow. So the worthiness of someone in the duke’s household is based on their usefulness. Chloe isn’t a bad person tbh, but the way people treated her when she was a child PLUS when she married the duke, didn’t help her either.

It’s bullshit how the staffs’ and even the duke’s response to her is to either ignore or blatantly treat her like shit, and then when she “changed”, that’s the only time they started seeing her as a person. I get it if they don’t want to acknowledge her as the duchess but for fuck’s sake y’all so psychotic for driving this woman to her death.

it’s already pretty given that the orig Chloe died, right? I mean even the reincarnated MC have zero memories of Chloe’s life before she got there.

It's funny because a chapter ago, it was explained that women are not teached to manage affairs or household, so how past Chloe was supposed to do it?

@Halomif thanks, though it was more like a rhetorical question to vent my frustration than asking for spoiler 😅
Good to know it'll happen, but it's way too far away!

Users who are viewing this thread