The Duchess' 50 Tea Recipes - Ch. 40

Finally! A female lead who tells the guy trying to break up her relationship where to stick it.

Double-page supporter
WHO THE FUCK SAID THAT AT THE END? I WILL PERSONALLY BRING SHAME TO THEIR LOINS AND TERROR TO THEIR NIPPLES

Dex-chan lover
@Eggyeoh
That's probably one of those cultural things that doesn't translate well. He's probably being 'nobility in a political marriage' levels of formal rather than being condescending.

Dex-chan lover
I would be happy if this was the last time we saw the prince but you just know the guy doesn't handle rejection well

@Eggyeoh I totally understand that it can sound and seem condescending but in this context, the chances of it being condescending are really low. I'm not sure what it's like in Korea as I don't live there, but still, I can confirm that calling your spouse "wife/husband" or even just "my spouse" can be used as a nickname/term of endearment culturally speaking here in Asia. The best way in which I can explain why Alfonse says it at home and even in public is like saying "My dear wife, whom I love and I am proud to let everyone know that this is not just my marriage partner, but my /wife/" but just shortening it to "wife" 😂 My own father calls my mother "wife/my wife/wifey" as well as a few other friends' Asian parents and it's always been in an endearing way similar to saying "honey". Not everyone does this, but just food for thought!

Contributor
RIP these nobles.

That's why you should be careful when you trashtalk someone.

Double-page supporter
I feel like the art in this chapter is some of the best yet! I can't put my finger on why, but it looks a bit more polished than usual. Gosh I love this series. Thank you for the TL!

Fed-Kun's army
Wow Prince, I thought you just wanted to get Alphonse to loosen his expression a bit, but that was just crossing the line.

If the crown loses the support of Alphonse, it would draw a line with the other houses.

I'm glad they're clearing up misunderstandings left and right! Leaves more room in the story for actual plot and troubles haha

Aphonse is like a loyal dog nooow who'll bite anyone who has ill intent towaeds its master. 😂 jk

Go protect heeer! ❤❤❤

The art style, did it change or only Chloe’s looks changed? Lol don’t mind me it’s not like this is a big deal

Dex-chan lover
I dont know why people say the art is good. Every female character has the same face.

Users who are viewing this thread