The Duchess' 50 Tea Recipes - Ch. 41

@someunregpunk It seems the author is not good at foreshadowing or laying down the pieces first for the story. Which is why problems keep getting introduced just before they are solved.

I feel that she is currently like My boss’s boss. Coming in, everyone nervous, “have we checked everything? We did right?” That tension in the air and hanging on by her every word 😱

putting the hygiene standards aside (looking at the time period, not sure if things like covering the hair and washing hands was an established hygiene practice. Covering their hair I think was more of a nuisance avoidance than hygiene practice, for example, correct me if I'm wrong), it seems like he is only showing one store and he's giving me the impression that he has multiple ones, how can she be sure he's not only doing this in this one store to quickly trick her into signing an agreement unless she has already sent some people to check other stores?

Fed-Kun's army
This chapter just gives me so many other questions. It just feels like a vehicle for her modern 'wisdom' to come and be holier than thou. If hygiene was an issue at places why ain't she concerned whenever they go out and eat, and there was no mention of her making changes in her home kitchen.

Like someone else said they introduce and solve a problem the same moment seemingly out of thin air which gives it a really arbitrary feel. Need more world building for the state of food and tea in general if this is what she's gonna be doing from now on

I feel as if her waist gets tinier and tinier with every chapter, or maybe it's always been this small? Either way, she looks like she got a few ribs removed, especially when she was sitting down before the duke asked her what she wanted.

Double-page supporter
Probably just going to say that she will only supply a few of his stores until everything is working 100%.

@Amairani Since it's before the discovery, he should've definitely asked her why she felt this was necessary when it's not the norm. He's a businessman. Doing all this across all his locations is going to affect his long term management. He accepted her reasoning at face-value, when usually isekai MCs need to do a barebones explanation of bacteria. It just seems like he's obliging her because he thinks she's a woman with nonsensical whims, and thinks he'll get her to agree quickly because of the short-term profits.

It's mean of her to string him along, but she also has to assert herself as a businesswoman. She has to get him to show her respect. She should be able to trust that he'll upkeep these procedures and oversee them himself when there's not a threat of her surveying each location. As soon as she agrees to the partnership, all his staff could slack off and only clean up when she comes to tour, cos lord knows it looks like he doesn't care.

I ruined the 69 Comments! Jajajajaja
What's with that cliffhanger? Chloe is so smart too 😍

Thanks for the chapter~

why'd u set up the rat trap right in front of the shelf where the customer's feet could get caught in it? like hello?? the marquis'gonna get sued by the nobles someday sheesh

Fed-Kun's army
@WhimsiCat
So more up to debate I suppose
Umm that’s his workers tho? Sorry I can’t resee the chapter right now and I only remember much later ones

Dex-chan lover
The daughter should not be a reason in holding back a business partnership. That's a personal matter and would make the Duchess look petty. I have a feeling that the Duchess is talking about the Marquis's other stores and want them to be at the same standard. The guy is at least trying his best so I do hope it ends well for the both of them. Then when the Duchess meets the daughter again, that beat would have to show respect or else be scolded by her father.

Users who are viewing this thread