The Duchess' 50 Tea Recipes - Ch. 49

That came out of nowhere.... Also isn’t this a bit too late for that? They already love each other...

Aggregator gang
@empressnyannyanau Well, being in love with someone and expressing that love are two different things. She may be falling in love, but she's going to refrain from showing it as best she can and she also isn't going to admit she has already fallen in love. She figures that being at a point where their emotional bond is akin to friends with benefits is enough. That is to say, they are married but emotionally are more like friends despite having previously enjoyed having sex and will likely continue to enjoy having sex with each other. A pity really, since clearly the Duke wants something more. :p

Dex-chan lover
Feels like they were making too much progress so the author intentionally backtracked on their relationship.

Oh, come one. Seriously!? After the way that he treated you changed so much? After he had shown so much care, consideration, dedication, passion and, yes, love? There is no way that the MC thinks that Alphonse hasn't developed, and continue to develope, feelings for her. And of course Alphonse won't tell her that he loves her. Like, truly loves her, not just a cordial relationship by a contract.

The author is treading thing ice here. This is the kind of forced drama that has make me drop so many similar manga before. I'll wait a little more to see how this unfold.

I was a split second away to drink my tea. Thank gods I didn't - my laptop would be covered with it.

Users who are viewing this thread