The Duke of Death and His Maid

@aufrive slice of life are just.. you know, their daily life. But the main story starts progressing around ch 60 i'd say and is currently heading towards what seems a conclusion.

And the duke can't really be anything but a "beta" since he literally kills anyone he touches...

@Zaldun Oh, thanks for that. I literally stopped at chap26 lol. Well, what I meant was that he could've been an OP character with his "death touch" thing. But, in the end, was all the author's choice for him to be like that. Oh well, it sucks for him being a beta since his maid keeps taking advantage of him ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you're feeling apprehensive, there is plot development. I trust the author won't have the curse last his entire life...

Dang I really liked the first few chapters. I wonder if the Shonen Sunday editors wanted it to be more light-hearted to fit what's currently running in the magazine. I liked the mystery aspect of the story more.

@Isekaijin The worst part is that I'm 100% certain that that'll be how the series ends, that she ruined the lives of so many people and was such an evil person but she was just hurting and all she needed was some love and understanding.

Double-page supporter
People acting surprised when a slice of life manga is out here being a slice of life manga. Should go in with the mindset of wanting watch the duke and Alice be a loving couple, the curse and other plot elements are their just to serve as a checkpoint or finish line for the story.

I'm only in chapter 3 so I don't know much yet but will there be an explanation on how some people touched him in his memories? when he was playing the piano (the mother?) was touching his shoulder and a guy with a top hat was touching his head directly. he can still kill people with gloves on so how does that work?

Her ability is to restore things with her saliva.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Double-page supporter
Is anybody else wondering why we had to wait for over 100 chapters before they even bothered to progress the plot?
Everything else was exposition, backstory and filler...

Double-page supporter
I get what you're saying but like you shouldn't be mad that we got the opportunity to read over 100 chapters of character building and watching the relationship grow while the main thread of the plot was slowly intertwined throughout. I found it to be a nice balance of slice of life, romance, comedy, and plot progression.

However, the cliffhanger to chapter 138 is annoying, because the pace we were going at has now been jacked up, since a single page with hardly any, if at all, build up forces you to think is. ".... wait, what? you can do that now? how? since when? why not sooner? " Yah, I felt that cliffhanger, but whatever, I feel the next chapter will smooth it out.

P.S. Please for the love of god, do not tell me why it was built up well, and that I missed "very obvious" moments that lead up to this moment. This is how I felt about the moment, and I do not want you to waste your big, chad brain on explaining why I am not as intellectually capable as you are. ....or you can. It's your world, I'm just living in it ;)

Users who are viewing this thread