The Emperor's Court Lady Is Wanted as a Bride - Vol. 3 Ch. 11

uh oh... I don't like where this is going...
tysm for the update, sidis is adorable!!

Fed-Kun's army
Dude, she's your cousin. Of all the women in the world, did you have to fall for blood-kin?

Dex-chan lover
I know that cousin marriage was a common thing of the past (not as common now, but still happens I imagine) and likely a thing in this society, but wew that's always been weird to me :p

@LVLBeginner I don't know is it truth or lie, but i heard that in medieval era marriage between cousins wasn't that strange, also it's still exist in some countries (like Japan) even now. So it is pretty possible that such relationship is normal in the story's world.
From my point of view this is a very bad idea, but it exists.

Aggregator gang
That HUGE ribbon on her dress really bug me LMAO and on top of that, a suspicious maid come, just like that! The cousin is pretty stupid if he's going to trust her lololol thanks for the update!

Nep

Dex-chan lover
Wow. Leon. You are a retard. How do you expect her to fall for you with that attitude?

Double-page supporter
Don't let that witch tempt your cute tsun ass! Just realize she is a strong independent woman and if you really want her just, confess like a real man. Accept her freedom to choose but stay true to yourself.

Who am I kidding, this is going to be a mess, cause manga never have straightforward love.

Okay wow.... I need LEON's pov story of when and how did he started falling in love with Her

arent they cousins? oh boy
thank you for translating!!! stay safe

@Yansas Actually first cousin marriage is legal in most countries, in Europe, most of the Middle East and Asia (not in China though) and all of America (although in the USA it varies state by state from being legal, to first cousins not being legal but further cousins being okay, to being a criminal offence in some states).

As our understanding of genetics and the consequences of inbreeding have increased, it has steadily become a moral taboo and the practice has nearly disappeared in many countries where it used to be widespread in medieval times as you say. But technically there's nothing preventing it (except the dirty looks of neighbours who learn about it) in most of the world.

With all that said I am very glad that the practice is not common, it's too close to incest. I do feel sorry for Leon though, his love is doomed.
On another note why do these men feel like when a woman rejects their help and protection (because she doesn't need it) they feel like she's rejecting them on a deeper level? Seriously, chill, she can take care of herself, and she's not rejecting your feelings, she just doesn't need you acting that way.

Users who are viewing this thread