The Fantasie of a Stepmother - Vol. 1 Ch. 10 - Restarting Makes No Sense (9)

The bootlegging comment is spot on lol. Imo there is a ton of amazing untranslated manga/manhwa/manhua out there, it wouldn’t be hard for them to move on.

Honestly I think it’s amazing if this one incident has effectively fixed the poor relationships between Suri and the kids. To think that for 7 years they had this love-but-mostly-hate relationship, until Suri was finally driven out. Not saying that it was too easy per se, but it really shows the value of an adult perspective. I’m not sure if she’ll kick the relatives out yet but I hope so, they’ve served their purpose by showing the kids how they really are.

I laughed at the panel of Elias nicely drawn and colored with the derpy crying face lol.

@ix666 could care less about whatever tea bobdude spilled on whatever collab, mate. That ain't my argument and neither is siding with SLC with the whole "sniping" shit. I perfectly understand no one owns jackshit. Again not my argument. I think bob had already mentioned that they worded it wrongly and the hate for SLC was unwarranted. Whatever this mess is because of dumb followers from SLC who got angry for them when they'd just don't want the whole drama to go anymore. Just as there are probably dumb readers here who'd bandwagon anything. I'm just trying to say to bob not bring everything to the public, wtf's wrong with that mate. They tryna make it in the scanlation environment they're new. No need to bring anymore drama when all the people want is to talk about the story.

I said what I wanna say. I don't want to derail the comment section from the story any more than here.

Dex-chan lover
This chapter made my maternal instincts trigger, poor elios :c sweet baby boy.

As for the drama, drama cools down significantly if you stop discussing it when there isnt a huge part of the readership keeping it going or initiating complaints or criticism. Hopefully people stop sending you accusatory notes (and don't harass the other group either).

You can't be held responsible for unspoken rules that by their nature you wouldn't know till you translate something. Discussing the ethics of sniping at this point feels moot as so many have already mentioned these are fan scans with no permission given by the rights holders and all.

But I just wanna read comics and I'll thank whoever translates it. As long as its readable I don't really care if there are two different teams working on it, if it's taken over, if someone speed translates it, etc. I follow so many manga that sit there for years at a time and never get beyond a few chapters so I'm grateful regardless of who is doing it or why.

So thanks for the translation.

Group Leader
@semicharmed sorry if you missed my point. i'm saying that the hate was warranted due to the reasons mentioned. they nearly wouldn't have gotten as much hate from the readers if they'd just stop hogging the series and not get their panties in a bunch when someone finally came along to give us something to read. pretty sure all the tea bob just mentioned are from public comments, so are they really spilling anything? bob probs got a shitloads of hate on slc's discord where the admins did indeed comment to their readers on the situation, which is why there's all this dumb hatemail bob's getting. and you're one to talk, are you even leaving any comments to do with the story? bet you're just here for the tea but want to take some holier-than-thou stance on the matter.

guess what, the tea is piping and best served with a new chapter of a stepmother's marchen! i've seen snippets of the raws cos im impatient and
bob's dunking slc like suri is about to dunk the aunt next chapter HAHAHA

Double-page supporter
@bobsburgers while I'm not too informed about the drama, I do know some facts. And the fact is, before you picked it up, Stepmother's Märchen went without any updates for over two months. How can they possibly claim they were still actively translating and that you sniped it when the evidence is right there? Absolute bullshit. Despite receiving hate and having to deal with your studies, you still produce high quality translations for readers to enjoy. Truly, thank you for that. Plus, how can you say anything negative about someone named after such an iconic cartoon?

I wouldn't pay them much mind. The no snipping rule is stupid as no group has exclusive rights to any of the series they translate. It's all unofficial and bordering on illegal. I mean there a ton of mangas that have multiple groups working on them, one punch man being the first to pop up in my mind.

If the other group wants to keep translating this then they can. No one can stop you from translating as no one can stop them, except the author.

lol at elias running away first 😂
suri's 'wut' face and elias' crying face 😂😂
Thanks for the chapter TL! I was having a crappy day and this release really made my day ;v;

Fed-Kun's army
I agree with @semicharmed. Both you and SLC don't deserve the hate. Both sides need to cool down, especially the fans/followers.
Stop sending hate! You're making the person you support worse if you're supporting them by bombarding the other side with hatred.
Tbh, I read comics because I like it, not solely because of who translates it. However, whoever it is, I appreciate them. Thank you, SLC. Thank you, bobs.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for your good work. I hope to see you going on as you have. (While taking whatever slowdowns you need for health, studies or leasure time, of course)

Dex-chan lover
... Ok, I'm calling this out. This chapter is bullshit.
The redheaded asshole kid acted like an asshole because he has abandonment issues.
Makes sense? Makes sense to me.
Then why the fuck was he an asshole in the main timeline? MC didn't abandon the kids and didn't just do whatever the fuck she wanted, and yet he acted as a brat.

So far the only thing this comic shows is that the only way to make those shitty brats behave was to introduce shitty people into their lives and to demonstrate just how fucking good they had it until then.

Thank you so much for the update much love <3Don't care about people who is hating.Everyone can translate whatever they want.We support you keep going!!

Thank you for the new chapter! I'm not quite sure of what's going on but I wholehearted support and appreciate your translations.

Am I the only one who keeps laughing at Jeremy in this chapter? His expressions are so point on with Suri. He's copying everything she does! He runs with her, squats with her, and grabs Elias like her 😂😂 Jeremy and Suri = best team ever loool

I support the bobsburgers more than any other groups. 😊 Thank you for uploading the chapters fast. I appreciate the hard work you guys do. 👏👏

Users who are viewing this thread