The Fantasie of a Stepmother - Vol. 1 Ch. 7 - Restarting Makes No Sense (6)

I find it funny how SLC were the ones who basically introduced the series to many of us. Not to mention that they also translated the first couple chapters. But now that someone else is translating it at a faster pace, some of you are telling SLC to fuck off. Now, I understand telling Bobsburger to stop or join them sounds wrong, but we don’t know the whole story. What we currently know is based on what bobsburger stated at the end. I feel like I should mention this again since some of you are clearly unaware. DNC WEBTOON was (probably still is) chasing after scanalating groups and threatening lawsuits. Many groups, including SLC, decided to stop their projects until everything cools down. So, what i’m trying to say is, there was a reason this webtoon hasn’t been updated in awhile since some of you clearly forgot. Anyway, I hope SLC and bobsburger can come to a compromise. ❤️

If they aren’t willing to release chapters then there’s no reason to merge with them or drop the series.

Thanks for the chapters, they're awesome. I really do hope you guys come to an agreement as it was SLC who started it. Like someone mentioned, a lot of translation was out in hold do to DNC tracking down on scanlation groups.

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the double release! Great job on this series. I hope you continue to work on this 😃

@MaChani Uh not sure since I read in Korean, but the manhwa will probably cover the entire story eventually and the art is very good so might as well stick with reading the manhwa. The story is good but the writing in the novel isn't as engaging without the art.

@Steamedtoast It's wrong, someone should update that page.

Story wasn't dropped, was never dropped. SLC is working their ass off to do more work than your team. Im not going to pretend what you and your team is doing is alright. Of course your updates are faster, you don't redraw much nor do you work on more than one story. You guys don't have as much of a work load as SLC does. Thats just rude. You guys are sniping and thats looked down upon. You guys didn't ask permission, so how could you know the story was dropped/finished? Did SLC announce it? No they didn't. They didn't say they dropped it because they aren't. You guys may be new to the scene, but the way you guys worded the message was poor. DNC's hunting for people and giving out c&d so it was put on a hiatus. Did you know that? I don't know if you guys did. The reason why it was put on hiatus was so they could continue and let you ungrateful people read this story. Only for you guys to say stuff like, "Oh the other group can f off" or "they update too slow" Would you rather have quantity than quality? If you would rather have quantity, then I really need to shove a pineapple up my ass right about now. Though your efforts are genuinely appreciated.

@vivixntrxn So let me get this straight, it's okay for SLC "snipe" (like they did with Gokutsuma Days a few days after the original group released the chapter and then said they would keep doing because they "oh love so much the manga" and were keep releasing their version even if another group was releasing first) but when someone else does the same with one manhwa they haven't updated for a month they are rude and bad person and everyone supports it need to be cursed by you.

Where was your indignation/moral speech when SLC was doing the same to other small group? It's fucking rich coming here in your high horse judging people when the group you are defending did the same thing they are condemning now with another group.

@irmaars21 sorry to say that i didn't know that happened. but all i currently know that this group snipped slc, im not defending slc because they have more people or some bullshittery. if all i knew they did something equally hypocritical i wouldn't have said anything. but now, surely i do know that. and slc is equally as hypocritical. But if i had known i would've defended the other group because slc snipped them. but i didn't know that, and i thank you for your information, yeah.

Supporter
@irmaars21 Woah I didn't know this at all. I already support bobsburger in this case but what you provided made me see SLC in a new light. And I find it funny that most of SLC supporters just somehow avoid/evade this info or shut up altogether when you mentioned it lol XD

@vivixntrxn Better prepare yourself for some painful days with that pineapple cause you're about to learn a simple truth: generally people will prefer quick updates with a mediocre quality to slow updates just so some lines will be redrawn prettily.

If you're in the scanlation "business" you should be aware of the fact that any extra work you do on the scanlation is mostly to keep up to your own standards and not those of your readers. Most people don't need more than a proper translation, an easy to read font, good contrast and properly rotated pages to be satisfied.

When I spent my time on pefectly straightening out every nook and cranny, redrawing background foliage, hair and bubbles... I was always aware that few people would notice or care but I did it because I loved that story and wanted to give it a perfect release. Nor did I care if anyone even noticed because again, I did it for myself. If you think you're doing someone else a favour with it just safe yourself the time lest you grow to hate it because of the lack of appreciation...

@Poortagonist This is just my personal opinion and what I went by when I was actively scanlating, but to me updating the MU page is part of the scanlator's work. And no I don't mean they need to keep every site that mentions that series up to date, but MU has been an "industry" standard for over a decade now. I would expect a group like SLC to update it, less so a single person with obviously little experience like bob.

When it comes to scanlating etiquette usually the rule of thumb is if the manga/manhwa hasn't been updated for 3+ months or if you can upload high quality chapters faster than the other group who hasn't updated in awhile then you can take over. Unfortunately, SLC was facing heat from publishers, which might be why they haven't updated their webtoons, but that information isn't readily available to people who aren't familiar with them (like myself). Also, it's kind of difficult to find information about them/their status for the average reader. I think you can join them and continue or do it independently, but most readers likely don't think what you're doing is inherently wrong since you provide decent quality translations at a very fast rate, and we don't really know SLC's situation very well pertaining to this webtoon.

I don't think many care much about redrawing everything perfectly (sfx notes are sufficient), personally I found your translation clean and easy to read. As a reader I'm happy this is getting updated, but I get the dilemma. But like you said you've come so far, and everyone - including myself - seriously appreciate your fast releases and would love to see you continue, but hope you don't get bogged down with the publisher issues (fingers crossed).

Anyways, thanks for updating this so quickly, we've learned so much more about the characters. I'm so curious how the story develops especially between Suri and Jeremy.

@Steamedtoast Yeah you're right, I don't use mangaupdates so I'm not sure how it works. Took a closer look and the author on the mangaupdates page as well the mangadex page is wrong as well, ORKA is only the artist. If any of the translators see this maybe update that...

Users who are viewing this thread