The Fantasie of a Stepmother - Vol. 1 Ch. 7 - Restarting Makes No Sense (6)

I’m actually kind of confused (which isn’t bad, means more to look forward to/be surprised by) because I can’t tell if the aunt is supposed to be bad ... like obviously, it’s being framed as ominous but she offers a different type of mothering (which could be needed or traumatic?)

Jesus all the "sniping" drama...
I think the translation qualjty is fine, i didnt notice anything that needs to be redrawn. And most importantly-its being updated regularily. So thank you for your hard work!!

Ah great someone updated the wrong information, thank you to whoever did that.

Man I came here to read funny comments and discussion and see what the western audience think of this series but this has been a real bummer. I feel like mangadex should have a voting system for comments so people don't have to wade through a pile of crap to find the interesting comments. I feel real bad for the translator, I wouldn't be surprised if this drama has killed any desire for him to further translate the series. If any other chapters get translated I really hope there's more discussion, less bullshit.

@bobsburgers

As I understand you're working alone and are somewhat new to this (I don't mean this negatively, so far your releases have been decent, and everyone has to start somewhere). With that in mind, joining the group might serve as a way for both you to gain some extra help and experience, and help the group (and you) to release translations faster and more reliably. Might as well try it and if it doesn't work out you will not have lost anything.

I don't know how relations are between the two of you though, so ultimately you'll have to decide that yourself.

@Poortagonist

Such requests have been already considered and rejected over the like economy it would create, and also wouldn't help in this case as this is one of the topics people are interested in discussing in this thread. There are plenty of people discussing the chapter itself too though, finding them shouldn't be too hard.

I really wait this series for so long, so i hope that you will continue this series 😁

that aunt looks shady af 😅

thanks for the release! honestly i've been waiting for this series to be updated for sooooo long, almost gave up and dropped it tbh, then all of a sudden an influx of new chapters came, cleared my skin and watered my crops. Don't mind the drama, lots of people support you TL!

I think as long as you didn't snip their work, that's totally fine. In this case, you didn't snip their work, and upload starting from their latest updated chapter
even tho it would be better to wait 2-3 months from their last update before you publish your own translation

i hope you will continue this series! 😍

Dex-chan lover
I know this late, but actually, none of you translators has rights to tell each other off :D
It would better if you tell them first tho (ethic), but again, even first translator actually will never has rights to be the only one to publish it. Join them actually has more profit tho. BUT THE REAL THING IS.... lots webtoon translator currently facing heat from original publisher. Your translation may quicker but it will stolen quicker too by the likes of mangafox etc and may exposed earlier because idiots who put it on instagram alike. I'm grateful for what both group did, but the real problem still there and direct order from real publisher might cut us all from this wonderful series.

Dex-chan lover
Keep going. Don't give in to the drama. In the internet, it's always the negative opinions that are the loudest, but they are also the smallest.

It's scanlators like you who are more "righteous" than these self important "groups".
Release frequency is your best proof of that. This group are holding dozens of titles that are stuck on chapters at the single digit. And you? You release multiple chapters a week!

Wait, the red coloring makes the aunt seem like a bad guy. Ofc all of the relatives look sus af, but I figured not all of them were grimy. I was just starting to think she was actually trying to be helpful, but not any more...

I don't get it, they're so swamped with other projects that barely any of them get updated consistently, but they get angry at other people that want to actually release chapters? If someone feels passionate about a story and wants to work on it, let them. How can you have the gall to try and chase them away like you own the rights to translate it.

Double-page supporter
To be honest, I would've just steal some jewelry and disappear in the world.
Fuck that family, they aren't worth the effort.

I understand that she is the "stepmom" (i think), but they would catch these HaNdS reeeaaalll quick. A pimp slap for her, for him, for ALLLL of them. To their faces and their booties. They would whimper when they hear the metal of my belt clacking.. Im not playing around.

Aggregator gang
*gets doused in water*

IMMEDIATELY GETS FEVER AND ALMOST DIES
@ataniphor me from 10 years ago would be jealous of that ability. Once I tried to purposely catch cold and skip school. In the night I dived into a barrel with cold water, it was winter and I stayed there until I felt my limbs go numb. But that shit didn't work at all. I had been doing that for a week to no avail.

Users who are viewing this thread