The Fantasie of a Stepmother - Vol. 1 Ch. 7 - Restarting Makes No Sense (6)

Guys this manhwa only has 18 chapters so far only the novel has 175 chapters, why are people mixing it up?

I am not really sure on the rules implemented about getting a certain project from a group volunteering on getting it done but one thing is for sure, just do your thing, believing what is best not only for people to appreciate the piece of work you do but to your self improvement and convenience. It is a big help already for us, readers, to enjoy with pleasure on reading this for free :) perhaps I say there might be a misunderstanding on your part and to the involved group but heed to my suggestion, you simply tell them that you didn't know the rules yet. I salute you for doing this! Keep this talent up and not feel discourage when others are trashtalking you.

Tccic

Uuugghh more stupid translator drama, keep releasing this series Translator-San!! You’re an excellent tl, and you should just ignore whatever bs they’re saying! If you want any help with them, let me know! I really like this series and I want to help get its releases out there.

I just don't get the "rules" of Scanlating Teams. Like, why would yo "own" a certain manga/manhwa/manhua/novel and forbid another person/team of ever translating it? Who gave you the right? Because I'm sure the original author/mangaka didn't. At the end of the day, whoever can release a chapter the soonest (with good translation/good quality that is) is the best, isn't it?

And don't give me the usual "ohh but they are busy and they have too much work" bullshit. Uhm, no? A sclantion group's job (translating and cleaning and editing and all that) is like any other job. You take what you can handle. I'm a graphic designer working in a design studio, and it's basically the same. We only grab work that we know we can finish in time, not taking months to complete something that can be done earlier than that. If we take so much time to complete a work that was supposed to be finished earlier, the clients will go to another design studio. Which is okay. I completely understand. It's not like we "own" these projects or the clients.

I'm sure Secret Land Castle are good at what they do, I think I saw them in other mangas/manhwas I'm following, but why do they need to forbid another team/person of translating this or any other manga, if they themselves are taking a lot of time to translate/release the chapters? Like someone said in the previous comments,

You're doing a great job with the scanlations and are actually taking a burden off their shoulders by giving them more time to work on their other projects.

So yeah, @bobsburgers I say the same as many others already have said it. Keep translating this if you have the time and if you want to. Your translations are of quality, quick, and really good! SLC could translate the next chapters that you haven't translated yet, if they want. If not, they shouldn't force you to do something like "giving up" on this project, since they themselves have no "ownership" over this manhwa, and shouldn't force others to not translate it on their own, since they obviously can't release chapters sooner (I understand that the reason is because they have so many projects, which is COMPLETELY okay!! But they shouldn't get mad with another team if the other team decides to translate and release chapters for the same manga).

The 'rules' behind scanlating make no sense. Anyone has the right to translate anything, there is no ownership. The majority is more than happy to see you continue to scanlate, whatever the other group says or does has little bearing on what you get to do you. They can do their own scanlations if they wish, you can continue with yours if you wish - which I hope you do.

I’m grateful that your translating and especially so quickly since I’ve been waiting for this series. However, I can also understand why these scanalating rules exist for a reason. If one group that “claimed” a series and already translated a chapter, but was holding it for whatever reason, it would be frustrating to see someone else translated and posted without a notice because of the work that was put in to that chapter. The people commenting to say fuck them is just plain rude because SLC were the ones to translate this series first you ungrateful fucks. Correct me if i’m wrong, but I believe SLC, along with many other groups, put their projects on hold because of the DNC hunts. I’m not saying that bobsbuger didn’t put any effort/time into their work, I’m just saying that I can understand why SLC may be upset.

I hope you continue translating since both the story and your translations are great.

And on the chapter, i hope that the aunt have good intentions.

Supporter
Thanks for the chapter! Please continue translating. The other group didn’t translate the series for months. Ignore them.

Why is it not okay for you but okay for them? Although I am very thankful and grateful for everyone who translates for the sake of a great story and the fans but I don't think they have licensing rights to be telling you that you can't do this. But I don't agree that you should be ignoring them as other commenters advised, there's got to be some way to compromise and make this work.

You should totally continue with your translation, i’m personaly really greatful for it, as for the other scanlation I’d say that if they take so long releasing they should drop it, not take so many projects at once because they can never advance like this and if they act like a monopoly, saying you should drop it or join them, thats not good at all, you are free to do what you want, the only one who could stop you is the author of the story.
Of course, they can not stop you but talking to them would be good, because that do not have a lisence but have claimed it in the scanlation community. I,d understand why they would be upset but I still think they should not make you drop it.
SO YOU JUST KEEP DOING JUST LIKE YOU HAVE UP UNTIL NOW, YOUR WORK IS AMAZING!!

Dex-chan lover
Other group can go f themselves, you've been translating it for us and we're extremely grateful. Since you've been doing such a great job, please continue lovely!

Users who are viewing this thread