The Fantasie of a Stepmother

This manhwa is quite unique for me since its one first manhwa or series that actually talks about family since its the main plot of it. However this series shows quite great things such as helping other family members even if it cost something, helping a troubled kid and so on so i think this series deserve for me

Ohhh, God, please slap Shoujo tag on this manga. Got baited with high rating and good cover, only to fall asleep by chapter 6.
Art is good though.

even if it spoils the current string of rave reviews and commendations
could someone spoil me if the male lead will be one of her "children"
i like the art and the setting as well as the self sacrificing mc but cradle robber stories are a big no for me

edit : its definetly fantasy because the reference may sound historical but if they were the social and political setting would be a mess
going by "kaiserreich" and geography of neuschwanstein we would be in the holy imperium of old germany with the influence the kaiserfam has we would be at 1850 (definetly way before1876)
going by the political system we would be in england around 1800-1911
and going by the influencial figures and social trends we would be in france around 1600
also no form of guns so far

This was so confusing at first, I thought of dropping it. I'm glad I kept on reading. It's so sweet how they're a family and willing to do things for each other.
Like how, right now, Jeremy is in jail and the Shuli is doing everything she can to bring him out.
I still have mixed feelings about the crown prince, though.
He's acting super possessive, and its a bit weird that he's hitting on his friend's stepmom - although Shuli's around their age. Like Shuli said, I think he's looking for maternal love rather than a maternal relationship, and he's confusing them together.

The new cover seems misleading... Anyways we're finally here!
The trial!
I can't wait to see what happens!

Also can someone explain to me why people keep saying that shoujo is bad? Like it's a demographic? Not a genre? The stories within it are diverse and all focus on different things. Banana Fish is a shoujo and it's completely different from Skip Beat! for example. It just doesn't make sense to me :/

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again - I absolutely adore the bittersweet tone of this manga- the way the characters are mostly in shadow with the light as highlights- the grittiness of it without the need for gore. I don’t even mind the silly German. What a treat.

@K00K13. Your are correct in saying that shoujo is a demographic, not a genre, it refers to media that is aimed at young girls, while Shounen, it’s counterpart, is aimed at young boys, josei at women and seinen at adult males. Usually it means that something like shoujo usually has more romance, Shounen more fights, and seinen and josei more graphic, having things like sex and gore. That’s why these manga genres can have such a range of titles, with titles like Skip Beat where romance plays a big part or Natsume Yuujinchou, a slice of life with supernatural elements that has 0 romance. However bear in mind that what constitutes a work of this genre is not unchangeable throughout time. When Kishimoto published Naruto in Shounen Jump for example, the most popular magazine for Shounen manga, he wanted to do something more like Death Note but was rejected, and years later Death Note was published and nowadays they put in their magazine Chainsaw Man, which has nude lesbians in their cover. So yeah, it’s not a genre but a target audience, whose taste change over time.

@Lufia in the current timeline barely an adult. But she has the memories of her adulthood in the past. So it is safe to asume (without reseaching the old chapters - sorry i am lazy ) she has a mental age of about 35 yrs.

I rlly hope that Shulli only ends up with Nora. It would feel weird for her to date someone whom she considers her son.

Users who are viewing this thread