The Fed-Up OL Wants to Serve the Great Villainess - Ch. 15

Dex-chan lover
You know, the author said on their twitter that Lapis and Diana's scenes (chapter 11 for Lapis) with Natori very purposefully parallel eachother and the differences in their relationship to Natori. Just something to think about. Also that those 2 scenes have more hidden meanings in the story.
Oh okay so it was definitely intentional then. Good to know.

Dex-chan lover
This was a cute chapter, but I can't help but think that Natori handled this poorly. She realizes now that what's going wrong is because the vice prez was able to construe her words, and that Diana got manipulated with the "you're a hero, therefore what you do is good! Believe in yourself!" bit. But all that actually got resolved this chapter was them acknowledging that the vice prez is suspicious, and then at the end Natori goes "I just want a happy ending for everyone", without being willing to clarify anything else about the situation. Just seems ripe for causing Diana to get manipulated again, just in a less straightforward way on the vice prez's part next time, into doing something actually bad because she thinks it's good.

At least Lapis seems to be smart enough in her interaction to smell his BS and not have a kneejerk reaction to it.
Yeah, Natori really isn't handling any of this well, she just isn't the kind of person who can manipulate and connive. She really does just want a happy ending for everyone (with a focus on Lapis, because whatever she feels about Diana she's definitely in love with Lapis), and she's trying to find a way to get there, but she's just barely capable of keeping up with the run of the mill dirty politics because she has her "foresight" - once she started changing the plot of the game she had no hope. And now she's got the attention of genuinely evil conniving dirty politics bastard everything will go completely downhill, and probably fast.

Diana is just as bad as Natori, only she doesn't have the benefit of either playing the game or more years of life experience; she has the added problem of falling hard for Natori while Natori is making it really clear that however nice she is to everyone else, Lapis is the one thing she's really focused on. She's going to be ripe for all kinds of manipulation by people like the vice prez, as well as anyone else who can pick up on how many things are pulling her in different directions, and that's just going to get worse as she keeps falling for Natori more and more.

And who knows what will happen with Lapis . . . she's definitely not an easy person to manipulate, but that's as much because she's so totally set in her goals as because she's smart and able to resist manipulation. This attempt was really clumsy - the vice prez seriously underestimated her, or assumed she was at least roughly on his side and thus didn't need particularly careful handling. But Natori is a massive weakness for Lapis, and as with Diana it's just going to get worse as she falls harder. Lapis isn't going to give up all her evil plans just because Natori asked her nicely . . . yet . . . but who knows what she'd do if someone decided to hold Natori hostage? I'd be taking bets on the blast radius - best odds being about 50km outside the kingdom's borders.

Dex-chan lover
Per se VP isnt "bad", just very very calculating to take some sacrifices (for the greater good) while Lapis solely is "Bad" who acts out of revenge only. (if i understand correctly a commoner killed her sister, which seems to be the only drive to kill the commoners for now ).
Naah, he bad, he reeeeal bad . . .

He's pretty much the definition of a bad/evil character - he was setting up more than one person to be killed, setting up someone to become an "evil" murder, and other people to become "heroic" murderers, all the while conniving to deny the agency and autonomy of a person he's been childhood friends with, and who he should (by rights) care about more than anyone else in the world.

Sure, that kind of thing isn't exactly ridiculous levels of bad when it comes to politics and war and stuff, but on a personal, human level it definitely counts toward making him a bad person. And honestly, even in war the only way to redeem the badness of those kinds of acts is if they're entirely focused on achieving a positive goal that can be balanced against their badness - war demands a very utilitarian ethics, full of those kinds of trade-offs between one evil and another. This isn't a war (and yes, if Lapis can follow through with her plans it may well become one, but the vice prez has no way of knowing that), but even in the calculus of war it's pretty stupid - the prince may well be an amazingly awesome person, but him becoming king isn't clearly necessary, he could well contribute far more to the kingdom as a regular noble, and it's certainly not important enough to totally deny his agency; and even if you did think it was critically important, doing that while sacrificing someone as extraordinarily powerful and useful to the kingdom as Diana is just plain stupid. So I really don't think there's any possible justification for the vice prez's actions, they're pretty much just plain evil.

Double-page supporter
I think I'm gonna drop this series for now and come back when it's over, I really enjoy the Lapis stuff but honestly romances where it's unclear who will end up together just don't really work for me.
I'm having the same issue with the manga as well. I detest love triangles, especially in yuri, and am getting tired of being strung along for the past two years with these slow releases for what could very well end in tragedy, which I hate even more.

Dex-chan lover
I think I'm gonna drop this series for now and come back when it's over, I really enjoy the Lapis stuff but honestly romances where it's unclear who will end up together just don't really work for me.
It's the opposite for me. I hate being spoiled on stuff. I just KNOW I'll find out the ending somehow and just never read it ever again.

Dex-chan lover
I hope we are soon done with this triangle BS.
Also Natori wanting everybody to be happy and dont want Lapis to die/turn into the villainess, is a Big problem, cause the way she acts with Diana is literally what is going to end up pushing Lapis into becoming the villainess…
Asshole: Diana wants status to marry Lady Natori
Lapis: hmm, did half of my anxieties just get presented a solution to my problem?
Smashcut
Gran: You are now Dame Natori and may kiss the bride
Lapis: and i invoke the right of Primo Nocta!
Natori: Gay Panic
Gran: BTW dad im abdicating.

Dex-chan lover
This was a cute chapter, but I can't help but think that Natori handled this poorly. She realizes now that what's going wrong is because the vice prez was able to construe her words, and that Diana got manipulated with the "you're a hero, therefore what you do is good! Believe in yourself!" bit. But all that actually got resolved this chapter was them acknowledging that the vice prez is suspicious, and then at the end Natori goes "I just want a happy ending for everyone", without being willing to clarify anything else about the situation. Just seems ripe for causing Diana to get manipulated again, just in a less straightforward way on the vice prez's part next time, into doing something actually bad because she thinks it's good.

At least Lapis seems to be smart enough in her interaction to smell his BS and not have a kneejerk reaction to it.
your soo confused my guy! were in hell did your neurons take you that Diana can be manipulated again? were? did you read the chapters in advance? way are people doing garbage headcannons and act like it will happen?

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, Natori really isn't handling any of this well, she just isn't the kind of person who can manipulate and connive. She really does just want a happy ending for everyone (with a focus on Lapis, because whatever she feels about Diana she's definitely in love with Lapis), and she's trying to find a way to get there, but she's just barely capable of keeping up with the run of the mill dirty politics because she has her "foresight" - once she started changing the plot of the game she had no hope. And now she's got the attention of genuinely evil conniving dirty politics bastard everything will go completely downhill, and probably fast.

Diana is just as bad as Natori, only she doesn't have the benefit of either playing the game or more years of life experience; she has the added problem of falling hard for Natori while Natori is making it really clear that however nice she is to everyone else, Lapis is the one thing she's really focused on. She's going to be ripe for all kinds of manipulation by people like the vice prez, as well as anyone else who can pick up on how many things are pulling her in different directions, and that's just going to get worse as she keeps falling for Natori more and more.

And who knows what will happen with Lapis . . . she's definitely not an easy person to manipulate, but that's as much because she's so totally set in her goals as because she's smart and able to resist manipulation. This attempt was really clumsy - the vice prez seriously underestimated her, or assumed she was at least roughly on his side and thus didn't need particularly careful handling. But Natori is a massive weakness for Lapis, and as with Diana it's just going to get worse as she falls harder. Lapis isn't going to give up all her evil plans just because Natori asked her nicely . . . yet . . . but who knows what she'd do if someone decided to hold Natori hostage? I'd be taking bets on the blast radius - best odds being about 50km outside the kingdom's borders.
did you fucking read the story? the ONLY REASON diana accepted to be hero is because she whants to help Natroi

and stop with garbage like “”Diana will be RIPE for all kinds of MANIPULATION””

HOW??? Diana ONLY agree to became a hero cuz she whants to protect Natori and be on the same level as Lapis in terms of status! that was JUST blind loyalty to Natori and like an blind fool didn’t realize it was a manipulation!

the whole idea of some one being manipulated is taking what EXIST in an person and twist it for your own benefit!
insecurites!
lack of status!
the ability to protect some one dear to you!

that existed in Diana before the guy took advantage of her and twisted them all to convince Diana to be an hero!

just became it happen one time it doesn’t guarantee that Diana will be so easily manipulated again, we don’t know were the story will go and i HOPE Diana doesn’t fall for the same BS that VP said! but from the story perspective it will be a waste of time for Diana to be manipulated again BY THE SAME GUY!

Fed-Kun's army
This feels a bit of an inverse on the Lapis chapter where she didn't want to let Natori go, in terms of setting and positions. Only while Lapis is focused more on her own wants, Diana is focused on Natori wants. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing but it is within their usual characterization. Though I'm surprised Mr. Homophobe would put it out there that, yes, Diana is in love and she wants the status necessary to be a partner to Natori. But will that be something that she has to give up? Or something that she won't need in the end? Only time will tell.
Who's Mr. Homophobe?

Users who are viewing this thread