The Flower That Was Bloomed by a Cloud - Ch. 49

Imagine if Dowun found out she pawned their couple earrings for dumplings šŸ˜‚

@cinic Not every character needs development. Some characters exist as foils or as relief. Baek Han doesn't necessarily need to develop because he's a saint, but we might see him tread down a dark path (I doubt it). I don't think Baek Han is badly written. He doesn't exist solely as plot device or to stir drama. He has his own set of circumstances/issues, his motivations/convictions, and his dilemmas. I don't consider him one dimensional either. Also, you can't really expect people to give him a horse in the race when he didn't have much screen time. He was literally a prisoner on death row, lol.

I think Dowun is more interesting than Baek Han, and I love Dowun more than Baek Han, but Baek Han is the one I ship with Hong Lyon.

Now now i see where the dumpling jokes come from, Dowun you just lost to dumplings lol.

@Tammy well said! i also think like that as well, Dowun is more interesting... but i ship Lyon with Baek Han more

This is getting annoying at this point!! Like tf is wrong wid lyon? She's a ungrateful gullible mc. She's like omigosh this guy is treating me so nicely so lets pour my heart juice to him. And she totally forgot wat Dowun did for her. Like she's da empress cuz Dowun took her in. Its obvious y dowun treated her so harshly like it was to make her strong but but look at her now. Migosh this piece of gullible shit b pissin me off AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

All this well thought out analysis going on in the comments. I have the ultimate argument that cannot be refuted because it is purely subjective! Baekhan is just way more my type than Dowun šŸ¤£ I wonder if I would feel differently if they swapped character designs lmao. I feel like all of us are going to be disappointed somehow.

Dowun feels super manipulative imo. I get the feel he wants the power and not love; heā€™s not jealous, but rather afraid to lose his position heā€™s been preparing for years. Iā€™ve felt super uncomfy about Dowun since the start. These are just my two cents, I donā€™t ship either of them with the MC. Iā€™m just waiting everything to unravel.

@Liama What debt she needs to pay more for Dowun? she's already a queen and being engaged to him, he and his clan are already in full control of the kingdom (to the point Lyon even being rumored as queen in name only said by Asara). Dowun always said to her face that he neither want affection nor want to give affection to her and said that he didn't care if she's in love with someone else. One thing that Lyon did stupidly was to be so careless in exposing her relationship with Baek Han but she being in love with the bodyguard... Dowun should not be disturbed by that. So... Dowun being sentimental over their relationship is his own hypocrisy to deal with and that isn't even her fault.

Honestly I just donā€™t get how you can even ship Her with Dowun of all people. Yeah he got her the position but do you really think she will be happy with Dowun? Certainly not. Baek han is much better for her emotionally and he is not manipulative and wont use mc unlike Dowun. He would definitely make her happy.

I love watching Dowunkeks seethe. Dowuns relationships are so emotionally fractured, I can't even comprehend how you guys ship him with anyone.
Plus it's always amusing seeing people complain about "unrealistic" characters in a work of fiction.
Keep Seething, Dowuns gonna get the guillotine one day (I hope) unless this goes down the traditional shoujo route.

Dex-chan lover
i know that baek is objectively better 4 her emotionally but i cant help but want dowun lol

I donā€™t get why people care about a ā€œhealthyā€ or ā€œstableā€ relationship in fiction. Itā€™s fiction and itā€™s made for our entertainment. The more interesting a pairing is, the better they are no matter how toxic they are. We are not dealing with real people here. Baek is SUCH a boring character and I am sorry to say but they make an incredibly stale couple. In real life they are golden. If this manhwa wants to be even remotely entertaining however, it will focus on Dowun and their relationship instead. Some of you guys get REALLY sensitive about fiction and it shows.

Why would Lyon ever need to show gratitude.
Dowun not only made sure that there is no reason to ever feel grateful by being an ass, he also needs her just as much as she need him.

@loserboser
omg thank you for saying this!! i totally agree with everything you said !!!
_________
+ imo dowun is the ONLY interesting character in this webtoon
and i like him and only root for him<3
btw Lyon is so freaking annoying
thanks for the chapter <3

@papperless she b engaged right? Shouldn't she act her part? Well now think as dowun now wat wud u do if suddenly ur precious doll aint urs anymore?

all complicated stuff about who is better for her aside
I think she needs friends first lmao
Friends are good, they will also call on all the bullshit stuff she is doing so far
I thought she became more badass,
instead she kinda became more annoying

Users who are viewing this thread