The Flower That Was Bloomed by a Cloud - Ch. 49

@Audettey You said "Fiction shows what kind of person you are". Hence why I pointed out in my statement how games are fiction too. You did NOT say that you only meant it in regards to relationships. Which is actually good for you because it would have only made you sound even more mindless.

"I didn’t pull the video games = violence card" And you didn't need to. It's a logical conclusion of the rest of what you said. Whyever in the world would fiction be a mirror of how I think of relationships but ignore all other aspects of me?

I'm not misreading you. You either don't know how to verbalize yourself correctly or you can't even make sense of your own weird logic. Take your pick.

@cinic well she is totally self aware that's why she's done with Dowun... like anyone sane will do that in her shoes. In the past a lot of affections coming from her (the calligrahy scene (which being thrown by him), sword-dance practice, tea taste, playing doll, etc) in fact... more affectionate than to Baek Han but that's happenned before Dowun destroyed her mom's grave and keep rejecting her love, it is his own fault. Lyon has a change of heart is just understandable... it's just what she's doing to handle her feeling for the bodyguard at this point isn't smart, she isn't calm enough.

@Liama if it's a normal guy and normal engagement, i'll punch her in the face but no, the guy clearly said "no love but me need ur blood" let's go on business, "me no care ur love life" to her face and i said this again, she did her part, she learnt everything necessary (knowledge, sword dance, attitude) from him, she won and became queen. What did i think of Dowun if the doll isn't his anymore or in his shoes or in his shoes? well.... serves him right for hurting her from the start and enjoy the karma lol.

@loserboser LOL. While I agree Baek Han is a boring character, let's not pretend Dowun is anything more 😂 he is literally made and shaped from a cookie cutter. The only relationship I'm rooting for at this point is Lyon and Power. I absolutely cannot see her with either of them without it demeaning the story by reverting her character development back to a naive child who thinks the older boy who helped her for his own gain will ever love her or the man who saved her will ever feel anything other than reverence.

@papperless lol its obvious u r baek han biased. Baek han is like lets pretend to b dumb nd fragile so dat i can win her favour blahblah. And my experience wid shoujo manga says dat good guy never gets da girl but m kinda worried like a little not much ofc wat if?? This b driving me crazy!!! Do u feel me? Do u? I shipped lyon wid my lil baby dowun from da very beginning. Nd i duuuun laik baek han watever da hell u say. Dowun is da bessssst

@cinic eh ok, count me out , i didn't loathe her, she is so-so, just curious of how her choice will be in the future.

@Liama ofc feel free to ship, i also siding more with Baek but it's not like i hate Dowun (expecially if he somehow getting shoujo ML treatment), it's just i think lyon has a change of heart is natural right now and Dowun only reap for what he did.

I ship her with dowun from the start.. when i saw baek han kindness, i think it may be good for her but i can't ship her with baek han.. he's a good friend but he's not for her.

I always think that there should be a reason for dowun to act like that, but he seems truly care for her, i believe its not only for power. He bear a huge responsibility for entire kingdom.

Honestly i feel disappointed with lyon. Instead of being Cinderella and waiting to be saved. Easily swayed by her emotion. I hope she can save her self and realize that there's a huge responsibility of being an empress. I hope she can grow and being a good partner for dowun. So they can work together for their kingdom first and start to fix their crumble relationship.

Wow, this comment section is getting kinda heated, scary...

xN3WM.jpg

@cinic it is pretty obvious why he chose her. He needed someone that was easy to control but still has something to give for him, that is exactly what Lyon was. That was something that another princess could never give him.

Dex-chan lover
@xxxsrhxxx Whether he has reasons or not, as far as she can tell he's only with her for her position and the benefits it brings him. If he really does care for her but is keeping that to himself, he's kind of shooting himself in the foot if he expects her to somehow reciprocate his secret feelings. It's only natural that she'd be more inclined towards people who don't treat her like a convenient political chess piece.

Don’t know what’s going on in the comments but lord do I just want my gal lyon to get the fuck out... like ma’am leave them both and buy yourself a nice cottage by a hill far far away and raise cute cows and duckies and your own veggie field lordddddd
And what’s dowun scheming now???? Does it have to do with the other princess?? Is he trying to replace lyon with her for some reason???? And what’s dowun’s younger brother planning??? Despite everyone saying that both brothers are different I have a feeling that the both have a scheming streak in their genetics :///
Anyways, just want my gal to be happy :(
men ain’t shit

Fed-Kun's army
Honestly, I just don't see any chemistry between MC and Dowun. I can see them as great business partners as they are now, but nothing more because both parties clearly have different needs and interests. While our empress here still strives to have a close and intimate bond (whether that be friendship or such), Dowun is only interested in a beneficial relationship.

I think what's going on isn't that the empress is changing back to how she originally was but more that now she has a stable position of power and a chance, she wants to have a healthy relationship again rather than having lots to give in a relationship and nothing to get in return. I do think she's acting irrationally because I never really saw her as a good leader/ruler type but putting aside her position as empress, I think she's just acting human. Her entire life she's just wanted care and affection and was willing to give that only to be thrown away by her father and rejected by Dowun. Regarding Dowun's behavior, I don't think he's in love with her at least yet but rather just frustrations from a mixture of 1. empress straying from their give and take business relationship and 2. watching one of the only people in life who has "cared" for Dowun before. He doesn't want anything intimate but also can't let go of his bond with the empress.
Dowun doesn't value the empress (even if he does, hiding his care and being insensitive and different doesn't change that he hurt the mc and is still- insensitive and indifferent) and it's more like now he's losing the feeling of being looked after and feels annoyed about that.

We haven't seen Dowuns Mom yet so there could be more dimensions to his character 🤔
But yeah from a romance pov I have no idea why you would ship him with MC, What are you even hoping for? Dowun developing emotions is the last thing I want, Would rather watch him die than turn into Romance fodder.

@Glomoro i agree with @cinic
As an empress, she could do better. So far i only saw her fight with her own self and she doesn't even win that. Maybe its true that she's like a chess piece and the player is dowun but i hope she could develop into the player as well. She has an option for being a chess piece or become a player. I just hope she could do something about herself.

I loved the build up to the realisation that she didn't have any money on her. She may be the empress, but she's still herself.

Users who are viewing this thread