The Flower That Was Bloomed by a Cloud

I read the raws that Dowun's little brother's first love was Hong Lyon. I highly doubt he will be a ml but there's a possibility of that happening.

@lindyhopper343434
Is he as bad as the ml from Abandoned Empress or are you blowing it out of proportion because you prefer the other guy that most possibly won't get with the protagonist?
If he is as bad as that son of a bitch blue haired fuckfaces cocksucker, then it will be hard for me to disagree with you, otherwise, I might be able to have patience and tolerate whatever shit he throws our way.

@ray_______ DAMN RIGHT EVERY CHANCE I GET
@Mizumachi it doesn't matter who's worse. what matters is that there's always a handful of idiots who go "Team Dowun Team Abuse!!11111" every chapter in the comments section. it's like they take one look at his 2000s reject jpop bangs and all logic flies out the window
the ml from abandoned empress doesn't get stanned, but this bitch dowun does, which is why he's detestable all the more

@lindyhopper3434

dowun is manipulative yes but !!! they aren’t in a romantic relationship!!! their relationship is purely POLITICAL, like they agreed for it to be!!! and guess what, political relationships have to be manipulative
he NEVER claimed that he’d do anything for FL besides rise her to the top, and that’s exactly what he’s been doing. it’s way too risky to involve feelings in. she’s the one getting upset bc “hubby doesnt like me back ;(!1!1! guess i’ll have an affair with my bodyguard”
(i’m joking FL is neat)
he’s been manipulating her because of the contract, which is something they both agreed to. don’t act like he’s a toxic abuser when he’s just trying to find the best way to let both her and his clan survive in this screwed up world. if that means using her or others as tools, then that’s that. obviously it isn’t nice but the world isn’t a pretty place. besides, have you all forgotten how FL isn’t a complete innocent rose either? he’s manipulating her and training her to become someone that won’t drown in political pressure. it’s not normal in normal times, but it isn’t necessarily abusive in the same standards either. besides, he’s under orders as well. if it were up to his father, the FL would be in an even worse position. he’s trying!!!
you can’t call him toxic or abusive when all he’s doing and all he’s ever done was what was asked of him.

@mizumachi and he is in no way like ruve, that stupidass rapist who is an ACTUAL abuser and generally just a crybaby toxic bitch
this “abuse” is literally just being a cold hearted jerk and ordering her around for her own benefit

And to think there are people who still like Dowun and will still attempt to defend him, when he is this type of person lol. That’s so sad.
Called his own brother a criminal. He truly did abandon him.
That thing is a demon, a horrible demonic thing. Not even worthy of being called a person, he an “it”. I wanna give the lil bro a hug *sigh* 😔. If there are still people who likes Dowun and still ship him with the mc, then idk what to say.
@Atsukoyuuki Lol, are you being sarcastic? 😂😅
@lindyhopper343434 They honestly don’t care. They see a hot cold-hearted demonic male lead, they love him. They dc about how he treat people as long as he has a soft spot for the mc. They consider him the best bc he made her empress when he didn’t even do it for her, but himself. You wasting your breath. People just like that sadly 😔. The arguments that were against your comment is just so sad and disheartening to see.
@birdious & @Mizumachi . . . Did you all not see how he treated his brother. . .? Y’all like an male lead who
cast away his brother like that and called his own brother a criminal?
😕 Does he have to be worse than some other male lead to be called a demon...? Mmm...😔
Edit: So i just noticed that the time you guys posted these comments were before chapter 67 came out. Tell me if what you guys think are still the same please after you read it.

Maybe she ends up all alone for all we know 😂

I mean the story description itself states that she choose to grab power but at what cost.

It's not fair to hate on dowun when FL was the one who made the decision. Why would you push the blame on someone else when the decision was made by FL. By grabbing to that power, she killed her siblings as well. Though they were not nice people, but killing is killing regardless.

This is a comic revolving life in the palace so you can't except a smooth sailing love story. It's a good comic with great characters. Just be patient and read it instead of being so agitated all the time about the characters.

@Mizumachi
Is he that bad?
Does he abuse her physically, mentally or both?

He mentally abused Lyon for years, molding her to become his ideal woman/partner. Because of his manipulative behavior, she came to question her own agency. Very Pygmalion. Throughout her entire childhood, Asswun discredited almost every decision of hers he disagreed with and called the very human qualities of her personality (i.e. empathy and mercy) markers of her weakness. Dude is a dictator in politics and in his relationship with Lyon, and why anyone would want to romanticize such a sociopathic sonuvabitch is beyond me.
Dowun also physically abused his brother, who got lashed AS A CHILD because of Dowun's decisions. He still stands by it, thinking he did the right thing.

@birdious

It doesn't matter if he's in a romantic relationship with her or not. You do not treat people, much less A STRANGER the way he treats Lyon. He sabotages her relationships OUT OF PURE JEALOUSY AND POSSESSIVENESS over her time and body. He puts himself first over her own mental well-being, discrediting her every decision if it so much discomfits him. He treats every semblance of her independence from him as a threat, which is why he hates "her true personality," that is, her empathy, mercy, and friendliness - all traits people in political positions have every right to have if they wish. Dowun has no prerogative to speak on however way Lyon leads; that is up to her and her only.
There is a fine difference between being politically practical and being a solipsistic, possessive asshole.

he NEVER claimed that he’d do anything for FL besides rise her to the top, and that’s exactly what he’s been doing. it’s way too risky to involve feelings in.
You insist Lyon's getting her feelings involved, but really? What about him arresting Baek for treason and threatening his life on multiple occasions - all things Dowun did simply because he got jealous? Who's the one getting his sodden panties in a twist? These actions had nothing to do with Lyon's politics and were driven by purely personal, immature reasons.

she’s the one getting upset bc “hubby doesnt like me back ;(!1!1! guess i’ll have an affair with my bodyguard”
he's the one getting upset bc "fiance doesnt liek me back ;(!1!1! guess i'll KILL the bodyguard"
also way to victim blame someone trying to get herself out of a toxic relationship

don’t act like he’s a toxic abuser when he’s just trying to find the best way to let both her and his clan survive in this screwed up world. if that means using her or others as tools, then that’s that.
there is absolutely nothing beneficial in a toxic, abusive relationship. Emotional abuse isn't a tool to elevate yourself socioeconomically. You're devolving into gaslighting rhetoric, and it completely sidesteps the fact that Lyon's the one he needs, not the other way around. He hasn't an ounce of royal blood in him, and without her, he wouldn't be anywhere near the palace.

he’s manipulating her and training her to become someone that won’t drown in political pressure.
Again, there's a difference between manipulating and training. Those aren't remotely equivalent things. One is taking advantage of someone (which Dowun absolutely is by feeling entitled to Lyon's time and space) and the other is a mutually symbiotic exchange of benefits. What has Lyon gotten out of her relationship with him besides an entire childhood of disparagement, gaslighting, and apathy?
Also, don't fucking bring up the fact that he was the one who trained her and thus that absolves him of his toxic behavior. 1. she put in more work than he could've ever imagined and 2. IF SOMEONE'S AN ABUSIVE PIECE OF SHIT, WHATEVER HE DOES NOT MAKE UP FOR HIS ABUSE UNLESS HE TAKE RESPONSIBILITY AND APOLOGIZES FOR HIS ACTIONS. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. STOP BRINGING UP THE FACT THAT "ooooh he brought her to where he is!!!!o1111one!" because that is deeply misogynistic beyond belief and exonerates toxic abusers. For fuck's sake, recognize abuse when you see it. stop scrambling for crumbs to humanize a sentient dumpster fire.

but it isn’t necessarily abusive in the same standards either. besides, he’s under orders as well. if it were up to his father, the FL would be in an even worse position. he’s trying!!!
Don't fucking do that. Don't use the age-old "but he has shitty parents!!!111!"
People come from abusive families all the time. Parentage doesn't excuse shitty behavior.
Your favorite thirst object's still a toxic abuser. Don't delude yourself; see him for what he is, and stop making excuses for him.

you can’t call him toxic or abusive when all he’s doing and all he’s ever done was what was asked of him.
OH YEAH? WHO FUCKING ASKED HIM TO IMPRISON PEOPLE JUST BECAUSE MR. SMALL GOT JEALOUS

at this point, Lyon should take a scalding knife to carve "PARASITE" onto Dowun's back
Don't waste your breath on defending toxic abusers. All Dowun deserves is a toothpick shoved up his urethra.
At this point, he'd need to thank someone for getting rid of someone so utterly a waste of time and space. The rat benefits no one and disadvantages everyone. He's not useless; he's straight-up harmful.
If Dowun ever got depressed over his absolute failure of a life on top of a bridge, I'd tell him to take a fucking flip.

@birdious
Sound argument. He would probably lose his life or her if he chooses to involve himself romantically with her, he is got to have a cool head too, as much as people hate, that is his way of surviving. Gonna have to come back to this to know more about both leads, I think I can tolerate a cold person as long as he doesn't betray her for real.
Ruve (one of the worst ml ever) was his name? Man, I really dislike that jackass.

@lindyhopper343434
You gotta put yourself in his shoes. His brother aside, didn't he abuse her to mold her into a person that can defend herself in this type of society. Not justifying him, but I can understand where he is coming from if he truly did to help her(and himself of course).
I don't know about his situation, he probably doesn't consider his brother someone to protect, hence he discarded him(even more so if he was to ruin his plans).
Just like Nobunaga with Nobukatsu.
Sad stuff.
I really find Dowun interesting, or rather, what I expect him to be like.
He is an ass, he is cold, he doesn't care about his family, now I wonder if all of that is true in essence and why he is doing all these things, we partially know why I guess.
This reminds me of Oda Nobunaga, speaking of which.
Princess Noh(Nobunaga's wife, was that her name?) would be Lyon in this case.
Can't blame you for hating him. He doesn't hold a candle to Ruve though. He will have to actually try to do things like what Ruve did, which I believe you know the things he committed and the reason wasn't satisfying or understandable at all. He hated the FL just on pure envy.
Seriously, fuck him.
Dowun at least he has a goal and isn't doing this for fun or because Lyon was enviable or something.
Can't say much about his situation with his bro and honestly, I only went halfway in.
Who knows? I might hate him later on or not.

@Atsukoyuuki . . . you . . . you don’t understand the hate directed towards hi—did you not read the recent chapter and how he treated his brother? I wasn’t even talking about how he treats the mc. I was talking about how he treats his own brother who really loved and admired him (like the mc) Why aren’t you talking about him? Do you not care? Damn that’s cold, no wonder you like Dowun. You seem to only care about how he treats the mc. How he treats his brother is equally as important. Basically the way he treats the people who loves him is like disposable tools, which is completely wrong and demonic. He legit cold-heartedly and casually called his own brother
a criminal
. How could anyone not hate him...? Lol. I don’t be understanding people 😭 Also, go read the book again girl 🤦🏽‍♀️ She wasn’t the one who made the decision, it was Dowun. She reluctantly did what he said, she was against it. Don’t twist the facts...

@lindyhopper343434 Go head on girl I see youuu. Honestly, they don’t care how Dowun treats people, not even his own brother who loved him dearly. They always ignore his wrong doings and try so hard to attempt to defend him. It’s so sad to see 😔.

@Mizumachi

You gotta put yourself in his shoes.
I'm not putting myself in an abuser's shoes. We shouldn't waste time making the effort to empathize with toxic men.

didn't he abuse her to mold her into a person that can defend herself in this type of society.
this argument in essence relies somewhat on the age-old fallacy that women have to be abused to get stronger. That's simply not true. Lyon became stronger not because of but in spite of people who've tried to manipulate her, Dowun absolutely included. Also, that's simply not how abuse works. Abuse in essence belittles, not fortifies the existence of the abused person, and to insist that toxic, possessive behavior served a beneficial purpose in any way 1. excuses abuse and 2. discredits the survivor in their own rise to power.

As a Korean person, i really could give a rat's ass about Japanese history. They colonized my people, and no matter how exalted you find Nobunaga, his dream was to invade Korea and later, China. As this manhwa creator is also Korean, maybe invoking and sympathizing with colonialist figures in my brethren's history isn't the best idea to vindicate an abusive prick.

Dowun at least he has a goal and isn't doing this for fun or because Lyon was enviable or something.
it doesn't matter whether abuse is goal-oriented or not. it's inexcusable, either way.

To all Dowun sympathizers,
the only salvation for your abusive ML is lobotomy or castration.

@lindyhopper343434
Honestly, is her gender really important to the fact that he abuses her? He probably would have abused another person to do the same thing, male or female. He is an ass, I don't really sympathize or whatever with him, I just think his situation is blown out of proportion, from what I am reading. Verbal abuse does not warrant him deserving to die, if you believe that, you need help. If you think that he will physically and even sexually harass her in the future, then fuck him, but I ain't seeing any of that.
He sucks, but verbal abuse in this type of setting is to be expected.
His means justify the ends if it protects both him and Lyon. Not including the brother. That is another case.
Oh come on, Nobunaga isn't the only guy that had or has those ambitions, everyone in power probably had(or still do) those, including Koreans, so don't bring race or nationality into this. I won't give a rat's ass about it.
This story would probably have ended in the first few chapters if Dowun was the affectionate naive person everyone wanted and still tried to rise to power with Lyon. They would have died or so I think, I might be wrong.
This Dowun hate is really out of hand, he might not have all this hate if the other romantic interest didn't exist. Maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread