The Flower That Was Bloomed by a Cloud

@CardiBSlays
Yeah, Dowun sucks(much like Nobunaga for killing Nobukatsu), but I wouldn't call him a demon.
A demon would have tortured him before ending his life, who knows? Dowun might turn out like this, he most definitely will if he stays alone, left to his own devices with his type of personality.

I seldom read these type of stories, especially if I believe the ending will be tragic. I am a sucker for happy ones.

He might be a demon and I just ain't seeing it yet, oh well.
I wanna clear out that I ain't in any side yet, well, on Lyon's.
But regarding Dowun or the other guy, I won't take sides until I catch up and see everything for myself.
Also,
fuck Ruve.

People who wants happy endings, happy relationships should just stick to reading fairytales.

Clearly whoever who gets so agitated by Dowun's action never really reads or know much abt political stories. We never said Dowun is a good guy, but neither is he bad as mentioned. Even Baekhan stick by the crown prince side eventhough he didn't agree with his actions, because it was his duty. So why is only Dowun getting hate for following his ideals.

It's so lame to say that he abused FL mentally and that it wasn't her choice. She herself said it was her decision though Dowun suggested it. In the end, she valued her own life over others. There's nothing wrong with either. It's just their own decisions, their own values and what they want to fight for in the end. The most lamest thing anyone can do is to blame others for their own situations. And I'm glad HL doesn't blame Dowun. She doesn't like his methods and doesn't agree with most of them BUT she still chooses to stick with him. If she was written in a way that blames Dowun for everything she went through, I would have dropped this.

[edit] @cardibslays I said I would have dropped it if FL was written in a bad way but she isn't and I like the story and the characters. Why don't you drop it instead if you are soooooooooo affected by the characters this much by calling out strangers "cold" when you don't even know me. Anyone who is THAT affected by characters in a COMIC is weirder. I would call myself rational instead of cold. There is a difference in being rational and logical compared to being "cold". Dowun is def not cold as we know he is concerned about HL, regardless of whatever you think. Just read it as it is and stop being so mean about it. Just respect each others opinion and move on. I didn't say healthy relationships only exist in fairytales. It's just a saying for people who get so affected by angst, maybe you can consider just reading completed comics or just happy ones with all fluff and no angst to spare yourself the mental torture.

And how he treated his brother was mean, yes, but the story is not even over why would you conclude that so easily. It's so convenient to hate on Dowun just because you don't like him.

And what is wrong with meddling with FL and Baekhan's relationship. One wrong move by them means death and power lost and we all know Dowun's in this for power. Its not all about jealousy and being obsessive.

And why is Nobunaga even here xD Come on, we are all saying this because none of us are born in those war period. It's so easy to say what is right and what is wrong. We know deep down that if we were born during those times, we might not even be the person we are right now and might even hold different ideals.

@Mizumachi I guess. It just disgusted me how damn cold he was to his brother who loved and admired him dearly. Anyone who treats any of their family members who loves them like this, are demonic beings and cannot be considered human to me. No one should have the heart to treat the people who loves them even if they are cold as stone. Lmao I see how much you hate Ruve 😂😅. What manga is this ml from?

@Atsukoyuuki Ok why don’t you drop it then? No one begging you to read it lol. In all honesty your comment left me speechless. Your comment was so cold I shivered. No wonder you like Dowun, cold to the bone... like damm. Do you honestly view relationships like that? Why you think healthy relationships only exists in fairytales..?😅

@Atsukoyuuki
I agree with you for the most part except the part where you tell me to read fairy tales XD
Also, I brought Nobunaga into the topic, the reason being that this story reminds me of him.

@Mizumachi

gender's an inextricable factor as long as we live under patriarchy but yes, abuse is unacceptable regardless of what gender the person is.
It's verbal and emotional abuse - years of it, which doesn't warrant understatement. He took years from her life, a serious offense warranting some agony - preferrably imo, the bloody kind.
Whether I want a fictional character to deserve death or at least serious maiming is my own problem, and my posts have always maintained some self-reflectiveness of that. I've said this many times: I'm mad but not nearly as mad as the deluded types salivating over Dowun without question. That these idiots are always up shitposting utter bs about how he's so charmingly sociopathic is pathetic. If I have to hear one more time how Dowun's the one chiefly responsible for Lyon's rise to power without crediting the woman herself, I'll write a thesis about the 13 ways their prissy little Jpop Reject Bangs can be impaled.
Obviously, it's one thing to like Dowun as a villain versus as a romantic interest. It doesn't matter what genre you're reading; whether it's a political plot or fairytale, people shouldn't delude themselves into believing toxic behavior as simply ideal-driven. It doesn't change the fact that those motivations are self-centered and toxic to literally everyone around Dowun. This story is obviously reminiscent of Pymgalion, and yall are siding with the narcissistic sculptor.
If a post wishing graphic, hyperbolic violence against Dowun will make these sheep hesitate before romanticizing/glorifying a legit abuser, well, I consider my morning a quarter done.

Nobunaga isn't the only guy that had or has those ambitions, everyone in power probably had(or still do) those, including Koreans, so don't bring race or nationality into this. I won't give a rat's ass about it.
You're absolutely right about that. Almost every Japanese leader post-Nobunaga has had that ambition.
My point was that your comparison with Nobunaga makes Dowun look all the more like the absolute solipsistic villains both men are, at least in the right history books. (major sideeye @Japanese revisionist textbooks)
Koreans don't... think about invading their own country. What kind of ahistorical, diversionary bs are you erupting out of your ass?
You're the one who brought straight up Japanese history into this, and you're asking others to not bring nationality to that. mk

This Dowun hate is really out of hand, he might not have all this hate if the other romantic interest didn't exist.
A big part of the reason I hate his easily castratable balls is because of the readers that keep defending his possessive, toxic, self-serving abuse of Lyon. If people stopped waxing poetic about that gaslighty bs, I wouldn't need to talk about gouging out Dowun's eyes, would I? 🤭

Reading some comments you'd think dowun was grooming her. Just a reminder he's the same age as Lyon. He never physically abused her, and if you think being straightforward and truthful an abuse, then you have a problem. From the very beginning he told her he needs her royal blood, they both mutually agreed that their marriage is going to be strictly political, so why is he somehow faulty and manipulative? Not acknowledging her feelings and showing affection, does not make him a villain.

He's not bad nor good. Giving the historical setting, his character is really realistic. Is being ambition and insuring the safety of his life and clan truly evil? He's what his father molded him to be.

Lyon is truthfully being foolish and reckless. If she doesn't want the throne, then she should run away with the bodyguard, but of course she wouldn't. Her and dowun, are two sides of the same coin.

As for the bodyguard, I find it hypocritical how's he's not being called out for serving the crown prince. Does he not have blood on his hands too?

All the three leads are equally shitty and flawless, none of them are perfect or innocent, with dowun being slightly more so with his quest for power.

@Atsukoyuuki
Why don't you drop it instead if you are soooooooooo affected by the characters this much by calling out strangers "cold" when you don't even know me. Anyone who is THAT affected by characters in a COMIC is weirder.
*looks at comment*... aren’t you legit writing a whole essay about people being “UnREasOnabLe” for hating Dowun? Lol. Not that I find anything weird about you writing an essay. It’s cool to be passionate about what you read. That’s what the authors love and want. So that did not offend me at all.

I would call myself rational instead of cold. There is a difference in being rational and logical compared to being "cold". Dowun is def not cold as we know he is concerned about HL, regardless of whatever you think.
. . . *Looks at chapter 67 again and reads your comment again* . . . hmm 🤔.

I didn't say healthy relationships only exist in fairytales.
. . . *reads the beginning of the comment* and it legit says “People who wants happy endings, HaPpy relationships should just stick to reading fairytales. “ 🤦🏽‍♀️ You know happy = healthy right...?😅

And how he treated his brother was mean, yes, but the story is not even over why would you conclude that so easily. It's so convenient to hate on Dowun just because you don't like him.
I totally do not get this comment. What’s that supposed to mean??? Lol how you think we should feel then? Be like “oh, he just casually and cold-heartedly abandoned his brother. Hmm, oh well. I’m sure he has his reasons 😌”? Huh? What? And why does the story have to be over to feel something?😭 By the way, what he did wasn’t just “mean”, that’s not the correct vocabulary. It goes deeper. What he did was cold as fuck and for him to casually call his brother a criminal. That was inhumane.

And what is wrong with meddling with FL and Baekhan's relationship.
I lost brain cells on this comment. Like i said, your comments are cold af.

One wrong move by them means death and power lost and we all know Dowun's in this for power. Its not all about jealousy and being obsessive.
Another cold comment. No shit... this is true, i mean obviously. Doesn’t mean it’s unreasonable to hate Dowun. He keeps trying to kill Baek Han who is incredibly innocent in all of this. It’s true that he and the mc has feelings for each other, but as long as he doesn’t trespass his boundaries, he is all good. He is legit focusing on his duties as her bodyguard bc he knows very well of his own position. It’s true eliminating him is safer, but that just proves even more that Dowun is so cold. He not even trying to talk with the bodyguard bc he is just set on getting rid of him. Btw Dowun is obviously jealous too but isn’t aware of it.

we are all saying this because none of us are born in those war period. It's so easy to say what is right and what is wrong. We know deep down that if we were born during those times, we might not even be the person we are right now and might even hold different ideals.
Ok and? Again, what is this supposed to mean? Does this supposed to excuse his actions? Why would i have to be living in his time to understand that his actions are horrible as a human being? Obviously he is a genius. Every decision he makes is incredibly smart. However he lacks a heart, and that’s how he can easily toss aside his little brother. He views having a heart/emotions a hindrance to his goal. If he wants to reach his goal quickly, it’s true that the heart can really delay him from reaching his goal or even ruin it. However, the benefit of having a heart is that you will have no regrets in reaching that goal and be completely satisfied. He needs to know a heart is required in his plan too and that he just needs to balance them. He needs to realize what he has before it’s too late. Like the saying goes “you don’t you what you have until it’s gone”.

@lindyhopper343434 I don’t even understand why we even discussing this with these people. They are giving me a headache. It’s obvious the way Dowun is treating the people who loved him, is horrible as fuck and that does make him a complete bad person. He is nowhere near the middle. You ABSOLUTELY do NOT treat the people who loves you like a disposable tool. He should not have tossed his brother aside like that and he should not be attempting to manipulate the mc like this.

It’s true she gave her consent, however, he came to her when she was at her most vulnerable state and proposed the idea for her to become Empress. She did not know what exactly she wanted. All she knew was that she wanted her siblings to stop bullying her and wanted to be loved. Dowun knew to approach her at her most vulnerable state and propose that idea bc she will surely say yes. He knew she did not care about becoming empress but wanted affection from someone, which was from him at that time. Dowun is the one who wanted her to become empress so that he and his father can do everything behind the scenes while she is just a puppet on the throne to approve them. He knew she will obey what he says bc of her affections for him. Omg he knew everything lol, he smart as hell. He knew he was manipulating that girl. True it’s the mc’s fault for getting herself in this situation but she was gullible at the time and he took advantage of that.

It’s good to have a goal, but you should not cast your heart away for that goal. You should balance the two or you will regret it bc, like the saying goes, “you don’t know what you have until you loose it.” It’s sad that there are people that don’t understand this and that’s why the world is like what it is today. Even with chapter 67 out which shows his character PLAIN AS DAY and that he never changed since, people are STIIIIIILL defending him. We just have to acknowledge that there are people in this world who don’t have a heart.

holy hell what’s going on in these comments? i’m just here for the drama guys...

at the end of the day dowun is a cold and ruthless person, and the bodyguard is the clearly healthier option for hong lyon...

...but the bodyguard wasn’t written well. he doesn’t feel like a good match for the current hong lyon yet—maybe her younger self would have had more chemistry with him, but as of now all of their interactions have felt, idk, bland... maybe that’s why there are still so many dowun supporters?

what i’m hoping for is that the bodyguard brings back a bit of hong lyon’s old compassionate self. if that happens then he’s truly the better ML for her. if the series chooses to go full dark/psychological drama, though, it’ll make more sense that she ends up with dowun.

@CardiBSlays
I agree with everything you said. You worded it emphatically well. If he had been older, his actions would definitely be classified as grooming. Either way, unacceptable, predatory, and Pygmalion-esque.
These people are honestly beyond reason, and it makes me rue for the state of their future relationships, considering they can't tell the difference between a healthy and toxic one.

It's the blind hatred that somehow feels odd. But I suppose when a character is well written, such reactions are understandabe. I feel we're all looking through this with a different lens, I'm all for the end justifies the means.

Dowun is way too complex to be simply labeled as a villain. As much as we all try to act self righteous, morality is often a lot more complicated, the real world is seldom black and white. And in this story there's no absolute right or wrong, these characters are doing what it seems fit for surviving. The idea of good /evil vary greatly.

Honestly I find it weird how some people defend Dowun by saying that he does evil things for survival & because reality he was born to is cruel. He does that only for power and for his own benefit. He's different fron Lyon - she was born in the palace and never had a choice. She couldn't just run away, especially not with a man, she would be found and sentenced right away. Dowun, on the other hand, was living in the province, far away from capital and its politics. Had he
never asked for Lyon hand in marriage,
he wouldn't even be able to be in capital. And it was entirely his idea, not his father.
His meeting with Lyon in medicine center was pure coincidence, his father couldn't plot this.
Hence he's responsible for his own situation. He could live peacefully in the province, but he chose not to do so.

If at least he did that to protect Lyon, someone involved in politics from the start, I could accept that as an excuse. But he crearly didn't give a crap about her in the beggining.
(Now he seems jealous of the guard & MAYBE fond of Lyon, but that doesn't change my point).

Also, he has never shown that he cares about citizens well-being either. It was always his family, and in the sense of political power, not some emotional stuff/blood bonds.
That much is very clear after seeing him cast away his brother like some tash ;(
So he isn't looking at some 'bigger picture' either.

He was ruthless in the name of power only. He uses his talents only for his own benefit. Lyon was ruthless to survive, BUT NOT HIM.

Predatory? The reach. Ironically the bodyguard is years older.

We're all just speculating with dowun, we have no backstory nor his perspective.

So Lyon can be a victim of her circumstances, but dowun can't?

@sunriseberry He, unlike Lyon, deliberately created those circumstances. Taking a pity on that would be like saying "poor soul, he cheated and now his girlfriend doesn't trust him anymore". He straight up went into world of politics himself.

@lindyhopper343434 This person talking to you. @sunriseberry next time @ the people you are commenting towards.
Predatory? The reach. Ironically the bodyguard is years older.
What are you talking about? That has nothing to do with her comment. Did you even understand her comment? When she said “ If he had been older, his actions would definitely be classified as grooming.” She is talking about how the readers would view him making the mc what she is right now if he was older. How is the bodyguard being older have anything to do with that? Lol the bodyguard not trying to change/teach her anything 🤦🏽‍♀️.
We're all just speculating with dowun, we have no backstory nor his perspective.
I also want his view-point tbh, but for now, we can only judge what we see. So until we see his point-of-view, we will judge what we see. If his point-of view is as rotten as his actions or even worse, i wonder what you will say then.
So Lyon can be a victim of her circumstances, but dowun can't?
. . . Uh . . . what? What are you talking about? Huuuh??? What’s that supposed to mean? What he a victim of? lmfao. There is so much to say about this but i’m not going to go into detail bc it’s obvious and i don’t feel like it. Besides, it’s not solely about the mc. It’s about his little brother and Baek Han too. They are important too.

@sunriseberry There was everything deliberate about
his asking for her hand in marriage
so that his family could start doing politics in the capital.

Users who are viewing this thread