The Flower That Was Bloomed by a Cloud

@sunriseberry Don’t be mad because I caught you sneaking replies towards us without even @ us. I simply addressed your comment that was replying to us without addressing us like you didn’t want us to know.

@sunriseberry Her being passive would mean her death in the future or life of misery and humiliation she would have to endure because of her half-sister abuse. She didn't choose to be born in the palace and she didn't choose an abusive half-sister.

Dowun already had high social standing and money, brother who loved him and father who approved of him, even if he decided to stay in the province.

And even if Lyon was no different from him (to which I oppose strongly!) that doesn't change that.

He chose politics in the capital, for power and nithing else.

@Canna01, I misunderstood at first, but I agree with some of it, tho the word 'deliberately' is somehow misleading.

I really want dowun backstory to fully judge his character.

Guys, can we stop arguing for a second and apprecaite author's mastery in storytelling to create such passionate discussions in comments. Regardless if you love Dowun or love to hate him, I think we can agree that is quite fine piece of a webtoon.
And thanks to translation team, without you we couldn't appreciate it! :)

Acting like a saint doesn't makes you one.

Well whatever, moving on~

@canna01 well said! and yes this is a good webtoon with good characters and story.

Thanks to the translation team as well!

This is the one series where I see essays for comments lol. I agree with @Canna01. Dowun and his clan would’ve been fine if he didn’t initiate this mess. How do you think they’ve been living for years prior? Pretty good I’ll assume considering they were even able to conduct business within the imperial palace. It’s entirely due to greed that led up to everything. Dowun, specifically, wanted his clan to rule and have at least as much power as they had before.

@lindyhopper343434
Um, Koreans don't think about invading their own country, exactly, where did you get the idea that I meant that people in power only thought of invading Korea? I did say "those ambitions" along the line, guess I should have replaced it with invading other countries or something.
Also, whether they like Dowun or not is their problem just like you said that wishing him death or maiming is yours, but I guess I gotta be empathetic, I have gotten irritated at people like some villains.
Also, I spoke of Nobunaga because this story reminds me of that figure, not because he is Japanese, nationality or race matters not.

This used to be one of my favorite webtoons, but the arbitrary love triangle between a straight up
abusive
ML or quite possibly
the most boring love interest ever written
tires me. The FL isn’t even interesting anymore, she’s doing nothing and waiting for some shining knight in white armor.

You know what I would’ve liked much better? A romance that spans throughout Dowun’s and Lyon’s childhood, culminating with them becoming the best power couple as they develop and grow together as people. Instead we get a
uninteresting love triangle along with a time skip that basically turns this manhwa into a completely different one, with a different set of characters. The only character who didn’t completely change is Dowun, and boy do I wish we got some development with him, I thought he was the ML, but I guess it’s offical now that the knight is on the cover. I won’t say Lyon should be with Dowun because no amount of tragic backstory will make that relationship healthy, just as much as no amount of tragic backstory will make the knight interesting.
Anyways, thanks for coming to my ted talk, truly this manhwa isn’t that bad, actually above average, but what really saddens me and makes me wanna drop is the potential I saw in it. I just watched it disappear along with the characters I liked. 6-7.5/10 and I’m being harsh because I’m salty.

to whoever wants to read this manhwa, my opinion on the all out war in the comments is that youd enjoy this webtoon way more if you read it for the plot, schemes, artwork, and interesting characters rather than for the romance, and just enjoy the story rather than taking everything too seriously. youd also save yourself from multiple headaches if you dont read the comments on the chapters because trolls are strangely obsessed with this webtoon lol

Y'all, romance may be a subgenre, but this really isn't a romance webtoon, in my opinion. Or at least yet, anyway. Sure, in more recent episodes we've seen the relationship between
Baek Han and the queen
grow less and less platonic, and it's clear that in the beginning
the queen (then princess)
had a crush on
Yang dude (I can't remember names for the life of me, so I apologize for that)
, but the bulk of the story so far has focused largely on the queen becoming the queen. I agree with @Lunarvclipse that if you're reading this for the romance, at least up until the recent chapters, you'll be disappointed, and frankly, miss out on an interesting and complex plot. And I say "at least for now" because I have a feeling we're getting in to a part where we'll see more relationships developing into romance. But setting that aside, I encourage whoever reads this to quit fretting over romance and see a good webtoon for what it is with all it's messy morals and wonderful artistic talent. It's very realistic in portraying different types of people and exploring human vices, namely greed. I may not totally love all the characters, but there's no denying that they're ridiculously well written, and I have hope that they can change for the better. Personally, I'm incredibly excited to know how the story unfolds.

@sunriseberry
yeah you're not slick

Characters can be well-written and abusive; those things aren't disparate entities lmao. honestly your air of superiority about "being able to see good in a bad man" is tired.Obviously there are morally gray areas when it comes to issues real life, but there are also objectively deplorable shit like emotional abuse or child abuse - all things Dowun is complicit in or actively committed. Any attempt to see "complexity" or depth in an unquestionably self-centered, jealous man seeks some semblance of humanity or empathetic part in him. There's absolutely nothing worth taking pride in when you're essentially sympathizing with a possessive prick. As I've noted before, there's a fine difference in liking Dowun as a villain and as a romantic interest. The former is up to preference; the latter's just tacky and borders on misogynistic.

Predatory: (adj.) seeking to exploit or oppress others
Typical of a Dowun shipper to try pointing fingers at Baek when fucking Asswun here serves as the chief source of all exploitation and manipulation in the story

Why does anyone need a backstory to be called out on shitty behavior? Character history explains but absolutely doesn't exonerate. You need to self-reflect before going up in arms to defend toxic pieces of shit.

Lyon's in every way a survivor of her circumstances. Dowun is her possessive, solipsistic partner, and any attempt to equate an emotional abuser with the abused is laughable. That's simply not how power plays in a toxic relationship.

Calling others aggressive when you're the one erupting backwards bs out of your ass is not cool

@blueygrsy Say it again boo 😘🙌🏽. People keeps saying “don’t focus on the romance. Just look at how realistic these characters are~” Like no shit 🤦🏽‍♀️. We not even talking about nor are we concerned about the romance. We are talking about how this demonic being named Dowun is treating people, PeriodT. They know what we are talking about they can read. No one caring about the romance right now. So whoever is saying that is obviously trying to defend Dowun and don’t know what else to say bc he beyond redemption rn. They keep saying “I want to see his point-of-view before judging” and I’m like is that supposed to mean/change something...? It does not change the things he has committed. However I do also want his point-of-view too but it’s not going to change anything...

@CardiBSlays Sorry—I'm not interested in reading the lengthy argument down below, and also, I wasn't presenting an counter for what's ever going on, only leaving a review with points I thought new readers might want to consider—but what has Dowun done so bad as to be unforgivable? Look, I'm not gonna say that I like the guy, and that shit with Do-gyeol was absolutely wrong (seriously, I was, and still am, pissed at both Dowun and Lyon for letting it happen, and I get emotional whenever it's brought up in the manhwa). But as of right now, Dowun has hardly done anything that warrants him being called a "demonic being." I don't like it either, but what happened was just in the context of the time frame and situation. And by law, the kid got less than he "deserved" for his offense. (Again, I don't agree that talking bad about anyone, no matter his position, should result in a punishment of that severity, but the people of this time did. And though this doesn't excuse it, you'd think Do-gyeol would have been smarter about running his mouth around the palace having been led by his brother's example.)

I've also seen people accusing Dowun of verbal abuse, but when? (I haven't the greatest memory, so I'm being genuine here.) Maybe psychological abuse, but I doubt that it's on purpose. You should have some understanding about the characters before you dismiss them so harshly. Dowun obviously has a one-track mind and has had this mindset at least since he was introduced as a character. Now, this may result in some questionable behavior on his part, but fretting over the emotional details would be inconsistent with his character. That being said, I think he has a helluva lot of room to grow, but I don't think character development is impossible. I don't like Dowun—the reason Beak Han's my favorite is because he's the most humane and his morals are more in-line with mine—and I don't think seeing his story would change much of my opinion, either. But the reason I'm not giving Dowun such a hard time as others is because I trust and really hope that he improves. I think improvement's what's more important here. And if it turns out that he remains a stagnant character till the end, I'll be right on board with you.

If you're looking for fluffy romance then don't read lol. It has a more serious/psychological tone to the story. It's not something I would normally read but it honestly wasn't bad and I felt like I could really see all the though that was put in to the plot and each character even if I don't like them. I also liked the art style, it's clean and simplistic.

YES!! COLLAB TOGETHER AGAINST THAT DEMOOON😭👏🏽

@shrimpdumplings Basically, anyone who has the heart to treat the people who loves them like that is a demon in my eyes. That’s just to me bc no one should have the heart to do that. He didn’t even spare his own blood brother who genuinely loved and admired him. To even have the heart to casually abandon him and call his brother a “criminal” just amazes me. To have the heart to manipulate a gullible little girl who loved and cared for him like that. No one should have the heart to hurt the people who loves them. So yes, i view him as a demonic being right now bc that’s what demons do. Not saying he can’t at least try to redeem himself and beg the people for forgiveness. Considering his personality, i doubt he’ll even do that but i at least hope so just like you. Yes, those actions are unforgivable. I really want him to realize what he has done, regret, and attempt to atone for it. What he has done and is doing is horrible. Thanks for asking me a question tho. Hoped that answered it.😊🤗

@CardiBSlays I still think calling him demonic is a little excessive, but that's just where our opinions differ, which of course is perfectly fine. And I understand and agree with every point you made. Believe you me, I couldn't believe that he'd throw away his brother like that. And I know Lyon probably wouldn't have been able to do much, but I would have liked to see her reach out to Do-gyeol at least. That's what I think I would have done. And I don't love the way Dowun acts toward Lyon either. I think it's obvious at this point that the dude doesn't have much of a heart—honestly, psychopath might be a fair way to describe him—but I really do think he'll be able to revive it. So, here's to hoping, I suppose!

Also, thanks for the conversation and for being polite! I hope I came off as respectable as well. Have a fantastic day!💞💞

My biggest wish is that it ends with
her still being queen.
That’s it.

Would love to see a redemption arc for dowun but he’s been like this since he was a child and no signs of being remorseful. If anything doesn’t go his way he doesn’t reflect and think “is this the right way” Instead he simply moves on.

I love dowun as a character tho even if he’s a bit 1-D right now. I think he has the potential to not necessarily grow to be a better person (cuz so far as of chapter 69 he isn’t feeling remorseful at all ) but potential to be an interesting character. but only if the author throws more obstacles that challenges him. since as we make our way towards the first conflict, he hasn’t shown us much differing reactions and thoughts.

Group Leader
@sailorhun, I agree, that’s my biggest wish too. It would suck if she, for example, faked her death and left Dowun the throne to run away with Baek Han (one of the possibilities I’ve considered might happen.)

Users who are viewing this thread