The format of bookmarks is confusing. Please change it.

When bookmarking a page, you have it so that it that page and chapter precede title. This is a problem because if we sort it alphabetically, the bookmark isnt sorted by title, it is sorted by the chapter you are currently in in the title. This means that the sorting will place multiple instances of the same title in random places in the bookmarking list, and it makes it hard for heavy readers like me to go through and delete duplicate titles, because they can end up in random places.

instead of this format, 29 | Chapter 41 - Sentouin, Hakenshimasu! - MangaDex, change it to this one, Sentouin, Hakenshimasu! - 29 | Chapter 41 - MangaDex.

Upvote 0
File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
The best would probably be title chapter page, because while sure "you wouldn't have more than one bookmark per series" is valid if you were simply reading but there could also be those that bookmark specific pages just to be able to find them again in the future (funny/interesting/whatever page) :huh:
(would probably have to throw in volume there too if it's a series that resets the chapter number):haa:

Double-page supporter
IIRC this format was chosen because browser's tab width is limited. So instead of "Sentouin, Ha..." you will see "Chapter 41 - Se..." which is much more informative.

Back on topic, just change it however you want when saving, problem solved.

IIRC this format was chosen because browser's tab width is limited. So instead of "Sentouin, Ha..." you will see "Chapter 41 - Se..." which is much more informative.

Back on topic, just change it however you want when saving, problem solved.
It simply doesnt make sense to list chapter first, because when you sort bookmarks it will do it alphabetically, so when it is lists as chapter first, you will have a bunch of bookmarks sorted by chapter number instead of . It doesnt matter if it is more informative to have it how it is (which I dont believe it is), what matters is that when it is sorted, it creates a cluttered randomized group of bookmarks that makes it much harder to find what you are looking for. It would be like going to a library and having all the books sorted by year of publication. And when you read and bookmark as many manga as I do, it becomes a hassle to change the format of these bookmarks, when every other manga aggregator out there does it how I am suggesting. Because I usually read on a tablet, it becomes even more complicated to edit bookmarks, and I usually have to wait to get onto my PC to do so. I also use the bookmarks to cross-reference mangas to find out if I have already read it, so having my manga sorted by the number of a chapter simply does not make sense.

For the most part, I dont even look at the title of the browser tabs, because I have so many tabs open of manga I am currently reading or waiting for updates that I can only see 3 letters at most on them anyway. I just click through the tabs, not even bothering to read them. But why would you bring up tab space, when the word chapter isnt even abbreviated, or any other consideration which would show that limited width of the tab is a concern? If it was a concern, the first thought would be trying to maximize that space, so it should look more like Ch. 41, Pg. 29 Sentouin..., or better yet, C41|P29 Sentouin... if you wished to keep the current format.

Users who are viewing this thread