Kouchuugun Shikan Boukensha ni Naru - Vol. 6 Ch. 39 - New Allies, New Mission, New Problems

Power Uploader
The "goddess" probably wants to tell him way more details than the 30 seconds of lethal poisoning would allow her to. Like she said, this was an access test (curious terminology for a goddess of a world without technology) to see if she could interact with the nanoms. She will probably be back later to tell in more detail.
The way she talks about his duty as a "human" makes me wonder if the "goddess" is really just the personification of the nanoms inside him, or perhaps the combined consciousness of all the nanoms combined.

Dex-chan lover
He has been given higher judicial powers, why not just use those against the Prime Minister? They already know he collects poisons and regularly kills people.
We don't know the extent of his Lord Defender powers yet. He doesn't even know yet, Iris is just assuming it's judicial related. And even then, historically judges have a hard time doing anything related to the nobility, especially one connected directly to the king. He would both have to have a solid case, and a means of damaging the PM's rep with the king to even have a chance of bringing a case against the PM.

Dex-chan lover
The way she talks about his duty as a "human" makes me wonder if the "goddess" is really just the personification of the nanoms inside him, or perhaps the combined consciousness of all the nanoms combined.
So my theory is that it is either a very powerful AI from long before the planet was seeded with humans, possibly a supreme AI that seeded "humanity" throughout the worlds which is working behind the scenes as a sort of shadow leader for the MC's homeworld government.

Power Uploader
So my theory is that it is either a very powerful AI from long before the planet was seeded with humans, possibly a supreme AI that seeded "humanity" throughout the worlds which is working behind the scenes as a sort of shadow leader for the MC's homeworld government.
I could see that. Then it would also make sense for the AI to have created the nanoms as a way to protect / influence / monitor the humans. Perhaps the Galatic Navy was some management-class of humans the AI enhanced and uses to unwittingly carry out its will, something along the lines of the YORHA androids from Nier:Automata or the "moon humans" (I forgot their actual name) from Tales of Arise.

That would also fit with the theory from one of the other commenters that the "goddess" was the one who caused them to crash on that planet in the first place.

Dex-chan lover
I'm really appreciating the quality of the translations as I'm not dying to follow the plot

Aggregator gang
Seems dumb not to report it when this is not the first time he has been contacted

Dex-chan lover
Is this deity a new addition in the light novel? I've read the WN, there's no mention of this.

Fed-Kun's army
Shouldn't it be Bandit Hunter instead of Thief Hunter?

Dex-chan lover
Is this deity a new addition in the light novel? I've read the WN, there's no mention of this.
most likely since i already read this one two time and this "goddess" or whatever this "thing" is most likely new addition for LN or even Manga since original author going MIA and possibly the mangaka go with new direction

Dex-chan lover
So interesting! Dunno what they have planned for this hallucination since it didn't exist in the WN, but I hope it's something that helps tie the beginning of this story to the present. I know they have been working hard on getting a base going and whatnot, but it's been quite a while since anyone talked about the ship itself. Well, what's left of it. Some sort of rogue AI would be cool too. But I would like to see some Starship Troopers bugs show up. Who knows really, since in about 3 more manga chapters the story just drops off completely.

Dex-chan lover
The deity likes to act stuck-up talk shit, as one would expect... to a man that commands enough tonnage in orbit to turn this planet into an airless moon.
That Deity mentions the human race, and the motto of the sci-fi civilization MC comes from is something about the protection and benefit of the human race. I'm willing to take a bet that Goddess is a deity of all humans, not just on the planet MC is currently on. I guess she just doesn't interfere with the sci-fi civilization because they are already too advanced to ever need her help, even with the threat of that alien bug race.

Double-page supporter
Again that assumes its actually a goddess and not an AI. If it's an AI it would have vastly more freedom in action, such as blasting the MC's ship out of warp as we saw in the beginning of the manga.
If she actually did that, by all accounts she is his enemy. If the attack on the warship was a case of mistaken identity and the trap intended for someone else, she wouldn't be all mysterious and shit about what she had done and why it was done.

I doubt she is an AI, because no other signals were picked up by the warship's AI. I can believe divine powers can't be picked up via regular scans, but not when another machine tries to contact him.

If - and I say IF - this was a David Weber novel, the "goddess" would actual be an AI tasked with protecting this star system and the descendants of human colonists that are purposely kept ignorant so they don't develop and start emitting various radio waves, which would then be picked up by hostile aliens. It would basically be the origin story (Dahak series, book 3) of the 'Safehold' series. In which case what actually happened was that the warship stumbled into the defenses of the star system, where it was assumed hostile and attacked. Still, the pieces don't exactly fit together for this type of a plot.

For the record the goddess thing was totally absent in the WN.
:thonk:

Aggregator gang
Oh wow a new volume. Please let the author continue the manga, don't let it end in hiatus like the novel 🙏🙏🙏

Let's not disregard the possibility that 'this deity' is the one who has wrecked the 'tonnage in orbit' in the first place.
If this is really the case, he will have vendetta against the deity for killing all his crewmates.

Fed-Kun's army
An interesting development to be sure. I wasn't expecting that. I also assume this character somehow ties into the concept of magic across that planet and the few others that had been discovered prior to Alan's arrival. I'm hoping the author doesn't fuck it up here and reveal too much.

Users who are viewing this thread