The Good Deeds of Old Adventurer Kane - Vol. 2 Ch. 5 - When Trouble Strikes, We Should Help Each Other Out

Aggregator gang
Getting tiresome how everyone instantly believes he did it, even the magic part. Everyone knows him, so to instantly believe he cast powerful magic is ridiculous.

Dex-chan lover
raws for this are up to 12 in マンガ UP!app
he get the goddess in next chapter, 6, at least he step up his game after that

Dex-chan lover
@MCX01 I think there is, the one that he found the statue of and built the little shrine for. I just hope Anna doesn't cause trouble for Kane that he can't handle, he's too kind of a person to deserve that.

jak

Contributor
So the Saint girl doesn't love him, she just wants him to defeat the demon king?

Aggregator gang
@jak that was the goal set last chapter, to make kane stronger so he won't feel unworthy of joining their party (he was adamant about it because he is low ranking and he sees himself as that way, regardless of what achievements he has accomplished). The demon king is just a stepping stone. :D

Dex-chan lover
It was a funny chapter, but incredibly stupid. They could have made some better way to show how people from region respected him. Like in the Unwanted Immortal Adventurer - just show that MC helped many people by gathering some rare herbs, rescuing them after they got lost in the mountains etc. Shit like "yeah, yeah, we know you TOTALLY didn't do it" is kinda jarring when there's really no way he could do it. At this point I hope that "team psychos" will have some shock therapy when MC ends up almost dead from the "easy peasy lvl100 enemies". Ok, let him survive grievous/fatal wounds with the goddess blessings, but they really need to see how wrong they are.
You know what would be much better than putting MC into these strange situations? A training session or two with them. They would see that MC is "only" basic human level of strong. Of course goddess blessing could then come up with some "training gives you much quicker effect" and I would be able to accept it since they tried some normal stuff first.
Even better it turns out that his whole luck and blessings only work in the mountains where he made the shrine. Would be cool if it turned out that he helped some local deity and that it wasn't some ancient, long forgotten true god of gods.

Dex-chan lover
once again the lesbian bitch ruins the chapter, oh author, why do you create such an annoying thot?
@jak the priestess loves kane more like a father

@gigabarto, ruined? if anything she's the only one with commonsense. If anything she's helping Kane, by reducing the stupid things that the sword princess could do.

Dex-chan lover
all pyromaniacs react the same way, and when they dwell in that long enough they end immolating themselves...

Dex-chan lover
I like the mc but the sword princess is so one track minded that it's annoying. I'd be okay with a story of a simple good hearted D rank adventurer helping people and pulling off the occasional miracle with the twist being he's blessed by some god/person who died.

Dude just wants to live a quiet and peaceful life, he clearly doesn't care for the spotlight or anything like that. He definitely undervalues himself which is something that can be resolved with good plot and character development, but forcing it with all these events orchestrated by another party is just annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread